• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Scouting Combine

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think it might be hard for us to pass on some of the DBs and LBs at 16. Payne would be a hard sell to the fans but hes probably a ton 10 talent.
Yeah value will be on defense for sure. Payne was a top5 performer at the combine regardless of position. Just dominated every single drill.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yes I did and I still was shocked by his combine. He was more fluid than some LBs in the drills.
He's been Alabama's best kept secret as a freshman and sophomore. Didn't have to be forced into rotation with Robinson, Reed, Allen and Tomlinson on that line but you couldn't help but notice him every time he was in. Last year he absolutely shined. He has better skill set and physical traits than any Bama DL player in ages. Maybe going back to Dareus. And still a junior.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
He's been Alabama's best kept secret as a freshman and sophomore. Didn't have to be forced into rotation with Robinson, Reed, Allen and Tomlinson on that line but you couldn't help but notice him every time he was in. Last year he absolutely shined. He has better skill set and physical traits than any Bama DL player in ages. Maybe going back to Dareus. And still a junior.
They comp'd him to Dareus on Nfl Network

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Ignoring everything else he and vea are worth pick 16, but unlesd your getting Aaron donald type pass rush i dont think we can justify picking either that high
i am against all bama defenders when it comes to the first rnd. I know it shouldnt be this way but till i see consistent play outta those guys in nfl, ill never trust them in 1st rnd. not saying that they are all bad players but hightower maybe the only guy that has played at a high level for quite some time now..

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
How would you like him at 16? Curious to see your opinion as a guy who's followed him.
No doubt in my mind he's worth it every bit. He might be very close to BPA there, it's a position that carries lot of value and we are underperforming with inside rush for quite some time now. Pick would cause total outrage since he's from Alabama and a Dlineman but we shouldn't give half a fuck about that, especially if we're able to sign a pass catcher like Landry in FA. I'd consider Landry+Payne+Sutton our best offseason in ages.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
No doubt in my mind he's worth it every bit. He might be very close to BPA there, it's a position that carries lot of value and we are underperforming with inside rush for quite some time now. Pick would cause total outrage since he's from Alabama and a Dlineman but we shouldn't give half a fuck about that, especially if we're able to sign a pass catcher like Landry in FA. I'd consider Landry+Payne+Sutton our best offseason in ages.
Even though id have some concerns, id be totally for this..

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ignoring everything else he and vea are worth pick 16, but unlesd your getting Aaron donald type pass rush i dont think we can justify picking either that high
There are no Donalds in every draft and I'm running the card up to the podium at #16 for a tackle with Payne's tape, strength and athleticism.