• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Scouting Combine

arnie_uk

Veteran
Not nitpicking allen to much, just saying for those that hate how flacco plays shouldn't you automatically like a mayfield or rosen rather than a similar player in allen.

In 5 years time whoever draft him will be saying what we say about flacco now.
Flacco had that sorted and was fine until the ACL and damn contraption on his knee. Looked fine second half of last season, too.
Flacco is a lot bigger guy than Allen and not nearly as athletic, should be much easier for Allen to rectify foot placement issues (as already evidenced at senior bowl and combine).

Interesting from the 2 nfl media insiders:

Rapsheet: After days of evaluation at the Combine, one thing is clear: Penn St RB Saquon Barkley is firmly in the mix at No. 1 for the Browns, sources say. Would be the first RB at that spot since Ki-Jana Carter to the Bengals in 1995.

Garofolo then responded: Yep. Firmly. As in I truly believe he’s their pick at 1 as of right now. As for the QB and what they might do at 4, there is very strong buzz Cleveland likes Baker Mayfield a lot.

sounds like the browns are gonna bluff out the giants and assume they wont take a qb (the problem they then might have is that both the colts and giants could trade back to teams who want to get ahead of the browns - they might suddenly find themselves at the 4th pick with 2 qbs off the board already if they take saquon

if im the browns i make a deal with the giants as soon as possible to move from the 4th pick to the 2nd pick to grab saquon and their qb of choice
the only way this works for them taking saquon at number 1 is if they have their top 3 qbs all at the same grade
I think it’s a bluff remember Dorsey was willing to trade and if he thinks the colts/giants want Barkley why wouldn’t he say that Barkley is in the conversation at #1. Browns need a lot more than a good RB to turn their team around and I don’t think Dorsey values RBs highly

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Interesting from the 2 nfl media insiders:

Rapsheet: After days of evaluation at the Combine, one thing is clear: Penn St RB Saquon Barkley is firmly in the mix at No. 1 for the Browns, sources say. Would be the first RB at that spot since Ki-Jana Carter to the Bengals in 1995.

Garofolo then responded: Yep. Firmly. As in I truly believe he’s their pick at 1 as of right now. As for the QB and what they might do at 4, there is very strong buzz Cleveland likes Baker Mayfield a lot.

sounds like the browns are gonna bluff out the giants and assume they wont take a qb (the problem they then might have is that both the colts and giants could trade back to teams who want to get ahead of the browns - they might suddenly find themselves at the 4th pick with 2 qbs off the board already if they take saquon

if im the browns i make a deal with the giants as soon as possible to move from the 4th pick to the 2nd pick to grab saquon and their qb of choice
the only way this works for them taking saquon at number 1 is if they have their top 3 qbs all at the same grade
I got browns taking barkley and baker.. however, thats a good thing and browns arent known for making gooddecisions lol.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Every year we be shocked at picks. Get out of the group think, think outside the box, form your own opinions and take risks on rankings and evaluations
people be so concered with being right that will base their evalutaions off every thing an " expert" says

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
After his combine, if Vea is there at 16 I could see teams wanting to move up to grab him. The Chargers, who pick right after us, would gladly take him to put next to Bosa. The Cowboys, Lions, and Bills might be wanting to go grab him ahead of the Chargers. The same goes for Payne, though he's far less likely to still be there.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s funny that a lot of DBs look better on the gauntlet than the WRs yesterday

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it might be hard for us to pass on some of the DBs and LBs at 16. Payne would be a hard sell to the fans but hes probably a ton 10 talent.