• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Baltimore Orioles

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pitching's been on fire
Its going to be an interesting offseason cuz we might believe it or not have a surplus of starting pitching. Kremer and if Lyles returns are locks. Then you have rookies Rodriguez and DL Hall. Young veterans Wells, Watkins and Voth and a returning Means (hopefully). I feel like I'm forgetting somebody lol but I would like to see Elias open the pursestrings and acquire an elite veteran to take the #1 slot.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Its going to be an interesting offseason cuz we might believe it or not have a surplus of starting pitching. Kremer and if Lyles returns are locks. Then you have rookies Rodriguez and DL Hall. Young veterans Wells, Watkins and Voth and a returning Means (hopefully). I feel like I'm forgetting somebody lol but I would like to see Elias open the pursestrings and acquire an elite veteran to take the #1 slot.
I think Elias will bring someone in, but I don't think the free agent class is that strong. deGrom, Verlander, and Rodon are probably the best options. The first 2 would probably be shorter deals that would be worth the risk, but they may not want to leave their teams.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Elias will bring someone in, but I don't think the free agent class is that strong. deGrom, Verlander, and Rodon are probably the best options. The first 2 would probably be shorter deals that would be worth the risk, but they may not want to leave their teams.
I would take Verlander for sure but yes on a short term since he will be turning 40. Looked up Degrom and am very impressed by the stats Pretty much rides an under 3.00 era but seems to be injury prone with lack of starts the last 3 yrs. Maybe a dip into our minor leagues for a trade?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I would take Verlander for sure but yes on a short term since he will be turning 40. Looked up Degrom and am very impressed by the stats Pretty much rides an under 3.00 era but seems to be injury prone with lack of starts the last 3 yrs. Maybe a dip into our minor leagues for a trade?
I'd make a run at the top guys, but I've also heard that there some guys who have been a little better than Lyles who might be interesting.

I don't think we should be trading prospects away until we have a better idea of who our core players will be. I think next offseason will be the time to look at trading for pitchers, assuming more prospects solidify their place on the team.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd make a run at the top guys, but I've also heard that there some guys who have been a little better than Lyles who might be interesting.

I don't think we should be trading prospects away until we have a better idea of who our core players will be. I think next offseason will be the time to look at trading for pitchers, assuming more prospects solidify their place on the team.
I am talking about offseason lol.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mariners struggling again, slumping as the season ends. Os gotta take advantage.

With no tie breaker game this year it all comes down to season series W/L. O’s have lost the season series to Marines , Blue Jays, and Rays so they gotta beat them out right . No ties

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mariners struggling again, slumping as the season ends. Os gotta take advantage.

With no tie breaker game this year it all comes down to season series W/L. O’s have lost the season series to Marines , Blue Jays, and Rays so they gotta beat them out right . No ties
Yeah, being in a shootout with the Astros right now is not going to help. We need the win tonight to get 3/4 at least from Houston in the series. If only we didn't lose John Means so early in the season, I know now that injury seemed to be a blessing as it allowed our rotation to develop really strong throughout the season but I hope that means Elias sees Means as someone we can let go. I'd like Means to be apart of the rotation going forward if possible.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Seems like all we can do this year is win as many games as we can. The team this year just had to learn to win and taste success.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mariners are in the postseason with a walk off HR. We lost too many games in the last month or so and just fell behind in the WC race. It was quite fun seeing the excitement brought back to Baltimore with Orioles Baseball this season. Best now is to build momentum for 2023 and try to get the pieces together to make a serious run at the Wild Card and maybe the Division.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Mariners are in the postseason with a walk off HR. We lost too many games in the last month or so and just fell behind in the WC race. It was quite fun seeing the excitement brought back to Baltimore with Orioles Baseball this season. Best now is to build momentum for 2023 and try to get the pieces together to make a serious run at the Wild Card and maybe the Division.
…….and keep Judge out of the record books.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good team , solid year. I still think they should have been buyers rather than sellers at the deadline. Never going to seriously compete for a tittle until they stop being so cheap, but that’s how this organization is run from the top down.

My pops has been a season ticket holder since 99 and re upped for next year. Tried to convince him to stop torturing himself , but I guess he is a gluten for pain.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Good team , solid year. I still think they should have been buyers rather than sellers at the deadline. Never going to seriously compete for a tittle until they stop being so cheap, but that’s how this organization is run from the top down.

My pops has been a season ticket holder since 99 and re upped for next year. Tried to convince him to stop torturing himself , but I guess he is a gluten for pain.
Probably wouldn't have made much difference as there wasn't enough available to make that big of a difference in that short period of time. And they didn't miss Trey or Lopez at all. In fact, they found they had a more reliable closer in Bautista, and moving Trey gave them the room to bring up guys like Henderson and Stowers and Vavra giving them valuable experience.

I'm really excited and confident the Birds are back on track after 25 years of wandering, don't think you'll see them letting go of their young stars in the future. Also think your pops will be rewarded handsomely for his loyalty! lol

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Probably wouldn't have made much difference as there wasn't enough available to make that big of a difference in that short period of time. And they didn't miss Trey or Lopez at all. In fact, they found they had a more reliable closer in Bautista, and moving Trey gave them the room to bring up guys like Henderson and Stowers and Vavra giving them valuable experience.

I'm really excited and confident the Birds are back on track after 25 years of wandering, don't think you'll see them letting go of their young stars in the future. Also think your pops will be rewarded handsomely for his loyalty! lol
Moving both those guys definitely unclogged the path for others and if you look at those trades it gave us more talent to put in our lower minors which is Elias's plan to always keep a flow of talented players and thats from top to bottom. Remember the Andrew Cashman trade? It brought us 2 16 year old prospects and everybody was like whaaaattt. Well both those players are 20 now and played in lower A Delmarva this year. Probally be in Aberdeen next year.

The O's are here to stay!!!!!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

I invite you all to be honorary Rays fans for the postseason. Spoiler alert we have the best pitching in the league, also, we hit the ball about as well as the Ravens run the football. So stand by for old-school(defense and pitching) baseball when you see us.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I invite you all to be honorary Rays fans for the postseason. Spoiler alert we have the best pitching in the league, also, we hit the ball about as well as the Ravens run the football. So stand by for old-school(defense and pitching) baseball when you see us.
lol, no thanks. I’m all in with the Manny Machados!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JO_75

Hall of Famer
When Nick Markakis was with Atlanta, I wanted Atlanta to win so Markakis could get a Championship, he retired a year early and the Braves won the World Series last year without him. So I want Houston to win this year so Trey gets a ring.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Orioles secured a winning season and kept Judge from hitting his 62nd HR. There's a lot to look forward to for next year.