• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Combine

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Some things I'm going to be looking out for in this year's combine...

What weight do Linderbaum, Neal, Faalele and Kinnard turn up at? also Jordan Davis?

Does Travon Walker test more like a 4-3 DE or a 5tech? For reference - 4-3 DE numbers would look something like 4.7 40 yd and 35 inch vert vs 5 tech numbers which are more like 4.9 and 32 inches

Does Thibodeaux blow the combine out of the water like I think he needs to to somewhat reverse some of the narrative around him?

Aidan Hutchinson and George Karlaftis arm length? And do they both test like freaks - Hutchinson apparently could have a JJ Watt/Jadeveon Clowney type workout... Karlaftis 3 cone is gonna be interesting...

Stingley not working out until his pro-day because of the lisfranc recovery but does he "ace" the medical and interview portions of the combine?

Ahmad Gardner 3 cone?

Tariq Woolen set the senior bowl mph record (since they started tracking that data) - how fast is his 40 time?

How fast do Bryan Cook and Smoke Monday run?

Does Jordan Davis go sub-5.0 in the 40?

Anything anyone else looking for?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pre-combine and with no elite WRs scouted yet I've got 15 top prospects graded so far in 2 tiers:

Tier 1 (in no particular order):

Aidan Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Travon Walker
Kyle Hamilton
Derek Stingley Jr
Sauce Gardner
Ikem Ekwonu
Evan Neal

Tier 2 (in no particular order):

Jermaine Johnson
David Ojabo
George Karlaftis
Devin Lloyd
Daxton Hill
Charles Cross
Kenyon Green

and then the 3rd tier of guys who missed out on being in the top (again in no particular order):

Jordan Davis
Devonte Wyatt
Nakobe Dean
Andrew Booth
Trent McDuffie
Tyler Linderbaum

Simba

Staff Member
I'm really curious about Woolen's 40 time. Reports are that he clocked 4.20 on an electronic timer not too long ago. I know speed isn't the end all be all but there's no way he should be able to move that fast at his size.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lol i know that we've been pretty good drafting QBs as an organisation (lamar, joe, tyrod, derek anderson) but why are there so many QB questions lol?
Yeah that was bugging tf out of me like why would you ask a gm of a team with a franchise qb questions about qbs at the combine presser

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Evan Neal came in look lean and like there was nothing to him - and expects to weigh in at 337 lbs lol - dude's a freak - it's a shame he won't work out but i guess it's really not that important for him to... as long as that is what he weighs in at then he's already won the combine

Simba

Staff Member
I’m not a big “measurements” guy but Pickett’s hands measuring in at only 8.5 is kinda wild. That feels absurdly small.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not a big “measurements” guy but Pickett’s hands measuring in at only 8.5 is kinda wild. That feels absurdly small.

it is absurdly small - he's an idiot for not getting them measured at the senior bowl - would have been obviously a discussion at the time but people would have got over it (or reconciled it) by now - but now it's going to be one of the most annoying and hard to get away from stories of the combine

even more of an issue for him because he struggled on the wet day at the senior bowl too

obviously every measurement needs context and outliers happen all the time - joe burrow only had 9 inch hands and that was considered small but not damning

8.5 is legit tiny for a QB but the teams that were interested would have gotten over it by now if he'd measured at the senior bowl rather than delaying the inevitable

Simba

Staff Member
it is absurdly small - he's an idiot for not getting them measured at the senior bowl - would have been obviously a discussion at the time but people would have got over it (or reconciled it) by now - but now it's going to be one of the most annoying and hard to get away from stories of the combine

even more of an issue for him because he struggled on the wet day at the senior bowl too

obviously every measurement needs context and outliers happen all the time - joe burrow only had 9 inch hands and that was considered small but not damning

8.5 is legit tiny for a QB but the teams that were interested would have gotten over it by now if he'd measured at the senior bowl rather than delaying the inevitable

Just looked it up and only 3 QBs have measured in at 8.5 inches previously and have been drafted - Michael Vick, Jeff Blake, and Kliff Kingsbury. Vick is obviously good company to be in to some extent, and Blake had a couple of solid years as a starter. But not good that only 3 guys in history (or since these measurements started being a thing) have been drafted.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just looked it up and only 3 QBs have measured in at 8.5 inches previously and have been drafted - Michael Vick, Jeff Blake, and Kliff Kingsbury. Vick is obviously good company to be in to some extent, and Blake had a couple of solid years as a starter. But not good that only 3 guys in history (or since these measurements started being a thing) have been drafted.

just for the hell of it i just measured my hands and i've got bigger hands than kenny pickett lol
michael vick is kind of the outlier at the position (for all sorts of reasons) - i dont think this actually massively impacts pickett's stock because it's not like it was a secret that he had small hands... teams that were interested will still be interested and teams that werent will continue to not be

but it's not great that he's missed that 9 inch threshold

Simba

Staff Member
just for the hell of it i just measured my hands and i've got bigger hands than kenny pickett lol
michael vick is kind of the outlier at the position (for all sorts of reasons) - i dont think this actually massively impacts pickett's stock because it's not like it was a secret that he had small hands... teams that were interested will still be interested and teams that werent will continue to not be

but it's not great that he's missed that 9 inch threshold

Same. I'm not a big guy at all and even my hands are slightly bigger. And I can tell you with absolute certainty that I cannot grip an NFL sized football lol

But agreed on the overall point. You're gonna like him or you're not gonna like him at the end of the day, but it's still a tiny measurement.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Same. I'm not a big guy at all and even my hands are slightly bigger. And I can tell you with absolute certainty that I cannot grip an NFL sized football lol

But agreed on the overall point. You're gonna like him or you're not gonna like him at the end of the day, but it's still a tiny measurement.
You should be able to grip a nfl atleast to throw it… now an nba basketball, my ass dmt even come close

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i have struggled at times to 1 hand a properly inflated rugby ball which is a bit girthier than an nfl football but ive been fine with nfl balls gripping them (especially because of the laces too)

but i cant imagine it being super easy once your hands get smaller than mine (which ive just found out pickett's are lol)

Simba

Staff Member
Sounds like Willis is picking up where he left off at the Senior Bowl with multiple reports of extremely impressive interviews. Feels like he's working his way into QB1 and not be solely the on field element. Coachable and leader are the words I keep seeing.