• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm really bracing for Davis or Penning lol. Would love to see a trade up for a blue-chip guy though

Just to reiterate what you wrote - PLEASE NO SPOILERS!!! I like to join you guys on draft night but hate seeing "ya'll are gonna be pissed!!!" in the comments.........................only to be pissed with who we select
Davis is a blue chip guy in my books

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yea but see you never really dislike any player so you dnt count lol

that's not true at all
just check out how i felt about greg rousseau all of last year lol
and shaun wade too who we literally drafted lol
didnt like ben cleveland either hahaha

didnt stop me looking for the positives when we drafted them though - in both cleveland and wade's case there was great athletic testing to fall back on to maybe give you hope and cleveland combined that with cinder blocks for hands and a massive frame and length too

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So if we did make some calls about moving up, I imagine the players we are targeting would be...

- Kayvon
- Hamilton
- Stingley
- Gardner
- Ikem/Neal
I'd take Hamilton and really any Tackle off that list.
I just don't think the "need" is there enough. If they came out today and said "yeah Ronnie Stanley's recovery is going poorly", I'd 100% be on board, because I think any of the top 3 tackles are close to plug-and-play LT's in this league on day 1. I think the tackle "insurance" we're seeking will come with a day 2 pick, or not by trading up multiple quality assets to get a guy who's most likely a long term LT.

The two Corners and Kayvon I'm 100% on board with. I don't think any of the "falls" are going to happen, but I'd say if Kayvon ends up falling down to the 9-10 range, I think the Ravens will absolutely make a move to at least try to come up and get him. Ravens are rarely in a draft position to get high-end pass rushers early, and its a huge need as well.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
All this buzz around KT falling and the ravens looking to trade up, and deep down we all know we’re gonna lose a bidding war for an elite pass rusher over a fourth round pick
Or there's not much trading, KT goes top 5 like he will, of which we're probably never trading up that high for him anyway, and most of the players we expect to be gone are, actually, gone.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well it's draft day tomorrow. The thing I'm most interested in is if there is any truth that people actually took Neal of their boards altogether due to injury concerns

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well it's draft day tomorrow. The thing I'm most interested in is if there is any truth that people actually took Neal of their boards altogether due to injury concerns
Highly, highly doubt it. Pretty sure I saw an article this morning on PFT that basically debunked the whole thing.

Plus it only takes one team to like him...