• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its frustrating today. It's been talked about a lot in the media, and its pretty clear who has done their homework and knows information, and who doesn't.

Lamar knew. He might not have known exactly when they were going to trade him, but he 100% knew Hollywood wanted out, he 100% knew that the Ravens were shopping him, and that a trade was possible. There's like 10 people that have corroborated this, including DeCosta and Hollywood themselves.

So to be honest, I kind of call bullshit on his whole "wtf" Twitter thing. Like he can not like it, but acting surprised by it doesn't seem to hold up logically to what we know about the situation. Really thought it was a bad look from Lamar last night to be honest.
Wasn’t the wtf statement about Hollywood already at the Cardinals draft party ?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know it's not a guarantee but Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott and many other guys weren't picked in round 1 and they're doing just fine.

I am okay with taking a QB in the 4th (and arguably late 3rd). You are not expecting 4th rounders to have long careers. At that point you are throwing darts and hoping to find good players. If your backup QB is a 4th round pick then that is fine and it is okay on the cap. You already have a 1/3 chance of finding a franchise guy with a 1st and those numbers do not get better as you go and those 2nd and early 3rd round picks are valuable. You become a contender if you can hit with them (or the later picks but that is much more random).

Simba

Staff Member
Day 2 is always the worst when it comes to timing. They spend all the time tracking these dudes down and then we get backed up.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So looking at the first ten picks or so, a QB definitely could go in the first ten picks here. Kirk Cousins is only signed through 2023 so the Vikings are possible. After that, the Seahawks have back to back picks and of course Atlanta.