• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I stayed off here for the bulk of the festivities, but I assume Ravens are done for the night.
Biggest takeaways from me:
1. I'll give myself a mild pat on the back for the Hamilton pick. I said if he was available, they wouldn't pass on him.
2. We, and many other teams, must have really, really, really hated Jermaine Johnson for some reason. My guess is off-field character concerns, but we passed on him basically three times, and he fills arguably the biggest position of need on the team.
3. No clue what happens at WR now, but my guess is we load up with multiple before the end of round 4. I think tonight showed a shift towards teams with highly paid QBs deciding they're just not going to pay market value for non-top-tier WRs, which Hollywood isn't. Definitely makes us thin at the position, but a lot of draft to go, and we practically gave up no picks to get the guys we wanted so far.
4. Another small pat on my back for Linderbaum, though I never thought we'd land him. I know he doesn't fit the measurables of guys we wanted historically, but a) I think that analysis may be changing and b) I was never on board with Mekari as the Center.
This opens up a lot of versatility and flexibility on the Oline. You can still draft a Tackle in the next few rounds, but its not as critical anymore.

Really like the Hamilton pick though. Playmaker in the secondary. Arguably a top priority.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I stayed off here for the bulk of the festivities, but I assume Ravens are done for the night.
Biggest takeaways from me:
1. I'll give myself a mild pat on the back for the Hamilton pick. I said if he was available, they wouldn't pass on him.
2. We, and many other teams, must have really, really, really hated Jermaine Johnson for some reason. My guess is off-field character concerns, but we passed on him basically three times, and he fills arguably the biggest position of need on the team.
3. No clue what happens at WR now, but my guess is we load up with multiple before the end of round 4. I think tonight showed a shift towards teams with highly paid QBs deciding they're just not going to pay market value for non-top-tier WRs, which Hollywood isn't. Definitely makes us thin at the position, but a lot of draft to go, and we practically gave up no picks to get the guys we wanted so far.
4. Another small pat on my back for Linderbaum, though I never thought we'd land him. I know he doesn't fit the measurables of guys we wanted historically, but a) I think that analysis may be changing and b) I was never on board with Mekari as the Center.
This opens up a lot of versatility and flexibility on the Oline. You can still draft a Tackle in the next few rounds, but its not as critical anymore.

Really like the Hamilton pick though. Playmaker in the secondary. Arguably a top priority.
Nice predictions!

Simba

Staff Member
People are acting like measurables are everything that makes a player good. If that was the case then John Ross would be a starter. Linderbaum obviously finds a way to make his body work for his position
The tape shows some of those size deficiencies though. Don't hate the player but just seems like an odd fit.