• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post Combine Mock

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
With the combine done it's time for another. I'll try to mix it up a little compare to the last few I've done.

1: Browns: Saquon Barkley
2: Giants: Bradley Chubb
3: Colts: Tremaine Edmunds
4: Browns: Baker Mayfield
5: Broncos: Josh Rosen
6: Jets: Sam Darnold
7: Buccaneers: Da'ron Payne
8: Bears: Denzel Ward
9: 49ers: Calvin Ridley
10: Raiders: Derwin James
11: Dolphins: Vita Vea
12: Bengals: Quentin Nelson
13: Redskins: Roquan Smith
14: Packers: Marcus Davenport
15: Cardinals: Lamar Jackson

Round 1, pick 16: DJ Moore, WR, Maryland
hqdefault.jpg

The Ravens need playmakers in the worst possible way, and DJ Moore is the total package. Strong, fast, reliable hands, and will always fight for that extra yard. Possibly a slight reach, but once he starts producing on the field no one is going to care about it being a reach. Also, I do fully expect him to shoot up the draft board.

Round 2: Will Hernandez, G, Texas-El Paso

uKIX2UuV_400x400.jpg

Super strong, tough as nails, and brings the fiery passion you want out of a lineman. A potentially good long term successor to Yanda. He'll really help out our running game.

Round 3: Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana

01_ThomasBaltimoreNative_news.jpg

Yeah, sticking with Thomas for this pick. He's an absolutely perfect for our offense, as a receiving TE and a great blocker. Gesiki has the higher ceiling, but Thomas has the highest floor of any TE in this draft, and will make a huge instant impact on our team.

Round 4: Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa

DJYCGORUIAAszQv.jpg

Fountain is right up there with Ishmail has one of the biggest combine snubs. He absolutely shined during the East-West game. Physically speaking, he checks off every box you could want in a WR: size (6'2", 210), reliable hands, very fluid in his movements, solid long end speed, good change of direction, and will consistently adjust to the ball. He would bring a very competitive spirit to our WR corp. Dude is a real dawg on the field. Also his coach raves about his work ethic. His play style actually reminds me a little bit of Hopkins.

Round 5: D'Montre Wade, CB, Murray State

fb17_wade_1215.jpg

Sticking with Wade since there aren't a ton of guys i know about this deep in the draft. He has the physical tools to be a starting outside corner and can take over punt return duties.

Round 6: Bilal Nichols, DT, Deleware

JNGDMASHXZYHTBQ.20171118195045.jpg

Solid athlete that provided fairly consistent interior pressure. He'd be a good rotational piece.

Round 6 (comp): Justin Lawler, edge, SMU

SMU-ED-Justin-Lawler.jpg

Had a fairly solid, but under the radar showing at the East-West Shrine Game. Has some good traits and technique to build on for the next level. Has the potential to be a solid rotational/backup edge rusher.

Round 7: Jeffery Wilson, RB, North Texas

636424190938810698-USATSI-10319508.jpg

Consistently put up solid numbers, and Orr (currently an assistant for our personnel department) seems to really like him.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
I can't see Hernandez there when we pick at 52, but if we have nabbed a WR in round 1 and he is there then this is a awesome pick

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would adore those first three rounds but I’m not sure will Hernandez makes it out of the top 25 picks in the 1st round let alone getting to our 2nd rounder

Maybe if DJ Moore was picked from a trade down to about pick 20 or so and then we traded up quite a bit for Hernandez it might work more realistically idk

If this were to happen I’d be very excited

I also have a suspicion that wrs with day 2 grades are gonna slip to the 4th round just because of the sheer volume of day 2 wr grades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Only problem I have is Hernandez won't be there. Guys like him get snatched up by those SB contender teams who could use an OL upgrade/replacement, and the early second teams as well. Guards seem to be disregarded til 25+ where they take a big leap in value

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
People act like all the guards will go first round. One year ago, Feeney and Elflein were fringe first rounder, Lamp was a top15 pick. This year there's much better depth and top end talent. Why wouldn't Hernandez be available at 48 when Price, Nelson, Wynn and Daniels could all go before. They're not all going top40.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
People act like all the guards will go first round. One year ago, Feeney and Elflein were fringe first rounder, Lamp was a top15 pick. This year there's much better depth and top end talent. Why wouldn't Hernandez be available at 48 when Price, Nelson, Wynn and Daniels could all go before. They're not all going top40.

It’s an overall weaker draft class and Hernandez is a better prospect than feeney and elflein by a huge margin + the ravens 2nd round pick is 52 not 48

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Pretty unspectacular but solid, realistic draft. Approved.

Spectacular draft!! I don’t think Hernandez falls to mid round2. But with that said. I would sacrifice Thomas to trade back into round1 or early round2 to get him. I don’t think he is far behind Nelson. An absolute Brute!! And fronted to be a very good and underrated athlete. If we came away with Moore and Hernandez it’s our best draft since pre smart phones. And good alternative rock music was coming out every month. That is my favorite draft scenario leaps and bounds. I would be cool with Taven Bryan, Derwin James, Davenport, Arden Key, Ward, Hughes, Ridley, Roquan, and Edmunds in round1. But DJ Moore followed by Hernandez is by far the best for our offense and team.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s an overall weaker draft class and Hernandez is a better prospect than feeney and elflein by a huge margin + the ravens 2nd round pick is 52 not 48
I wouldn't say he's a better prospect than feeney.. feeney was way better on his feet and hernandez is freakishly powerful but feeney was more than powerful enough to be a hell of a mauler

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Great draft dam. Especially with barkley going 1 and baker 4! Thats what ive been saying for like few months and too see others with same prediction doesnt make me seem as crazy lol

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

Think about it Dude while all great players. I wanted Lamp at 16. Hernandez like Nelson can change the culture of an oline with rare power, nasty aggression yet technique and athleticism found in smaller technically sound guards. We could take him at 16 and I wouldn’t blink. I would be totally cool with it. If Wynn doesn’t clean up his power numbers he could fall to round2. And I would draft him in .08 seconds if he is There at pick 52.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would adore those first three rounds but I’m not sure will Hernandez makes it out of the top 25 picks in the 1st round let alone getting to our 2nd rounder

Maybe if DJ Moore was picked from a trade down to about pick 20 or so and then we traded up quite a bit for Hernandez it might work more realistically idk

If this were to happen I’d be very excited

I also have a suspicion that wrs with day 2 grades are gonna slip to the 4th round just because of the sheer volume of day 2 wr grades
Trading back would be great and all, but this draft class strength is it's depth, not the elite talent. I could be very difficult to trade back, unless a top QB or player that other teams covet fall to our pick. I doubt it happens but my fingers are crossed.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Think about it Dude while all great players. I wanted Lamp at 16. Hernandez like Nelson can change the culture of an oline with rare power, nasty aggression yet technique and athleticism found in smaller technically sound guards. We could take him at 16 and I wouldn’t blink. I would be totally cool with it. If Wynn doesn’t clean up his power numbers he could fall to round2. And I would draft him in .08 seconds if he is There at pick 52.
I wouldn't blink either but OG don't go high, esp when the class is deep.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I tried to bring up Fountain in wr thread and its really good to see you noticed him. Killed in the shrine game and brings returner ability. Like the draft as a whole. Just don't know anything about the later picks but I liked the diversity of the picks.

I hate how everyone goes out of there way to purposely try to find small school guys in the later rounds thinking they they might be diamonds in the rough

Spectacular draft!! I don’t think Hernandez falls to mid round2. But with that said. I would sacrifice Thomas to trade back into round1 or early round2 to get him. I don’t think he is far behind Nelson. An absolute Brute!! And fronted to be a very good and underrated athlete. If we came away with Moore and Hernandez it’s our best draft since pre smart phones. And good alternative rock music was coming out every month. That is my favorite draft scenario leaps and bounds. I would be cool with Taven Bryan, Derwin James, Davenport, Arden Key, Ward, Hughes, Ridley, Roquan, and Edmunds in round1. But DJ Moore followed by Hernandez is by far the best for our offense and team.
I think Ravens are better off throwing money at Andrew Norwell in FA than drafting a guard when we have bigger needs. Think about it the top receivers are going to demand a ridiculous salary why not spend on o line and attack playmakers in the draft. Not to mention Yanda will probably retire after 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think Ravens are better off throwing money at Andrew Norwell in FA than drafting a guard when we have bigger needs. Think about it the top receivers are going to demand a ridiculous salary why not spend on o line and attack playmakers in the draft. Not to mention Yanda will probably retire after 2019
Because we've done great at drafting and developing OL and done absolute shit to draft and develop WRs. It's literally the opposite of what we should do. We have repeatedly turned garbage bin shopped draft picks into solid starting OL and watched every receiver we've ever picked end up busting.

If we wanna improve the offense, sign a wr, draft one early and one in a mid round, and draft a few OL late and develop them as we always have.