• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post Combine Mock

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate how everyone goes out of there way to purposely try to find small school guys in the later rounds thinking they they might be diamonds in the rough
Um...maybe because tons of small school guys go in the later rounds and there are many of them that turn out to be good NFL players?? We have this guy named Matt Judon who comes to mind. I don’t know why you would “hate” that. I’d much rather take a stab at small school guys in the later rounds because they aren’t as well known as opposed to big school guys that go in later rounds just because they suck.

Because we've done great at drafting and developing OL and done absolute shit to draft and develop WRs. It's literally the opposite of what we should do. We have repeatedly turned garbage bin shopped draft picks into solid starting OL and watched every receiver we've ever picked end up busting.

If we wanna improve the offense, sign a wr, draft one early and one in a mid round, and draft a few OL late and develop them as we always have.
I get your point but we really haven’t drafted many WRs lol. I’m saying the sample size is too small to say we suck at drafting receivers. The point that I’m trying to get across is that we’re going to have to overpay for WRs like Robinson and Watkins who have their flaws. Both come with injury concerns and Robinson with 1 year of solid production although his down year could be pinpointed to Blake Bortles horrible play. We know what we get with Norwell although he may price himself out of our range.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I get your point but we really haven’t drafted many WRs lol. I’m saying the sample size is too small to say we suck at drafting receivers. The point that I’m trying to get across is that we’re going to have to overpay for WRs like Robinson and Watkins who have their flaws. Both come with injury concerns and Robinson with 1 year of solid production although his down year could be pinpointed to Blake Bortles horrible play. We know what we get with Norwell although he may price himself out of our range.
Pretty sure Norwell goes to the Giants @Giants56Ravens52

Um...maybe because tons of small school guys go in the later rounds and there are many of them that turn out to be good NFL players?? We have this guy named Matt Judon who comes to mind. I don’t know why you would “hate” that. I’d much rather take a stab at small school guys in the later rounds because they aren’t as well known as opposed to big school guys that go in later rounds just because they suck.
If you looked at the draft picks from each year tons of small school guys do not go in the later rounds. Big schools still dominate the draft selections in the later rounds. You named one decent player what about all the misses? Idk how you can say large school players suck because they were picked later

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah the league rumours are that despite it still being before legal tampering is allowed he’s already pretty much agreed a contract with the giants
Yeah, this screams tampering to me if you ask me. Thought about thst the other day

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I think Ravens are better off throwing money at Andrew Norwell in FA than drafting a guard when we have bigger needs. Think about it the top receivers are going to demand a ridiculous salary why not spend on o line and attack playmakers in the draft. Not to mention Yanda will probably retire after 2019

I would be cool with Norwell. Then sign a young potential breakout WR on the cheap like Brice Butler my favorite. Then draft 2-3 WRs in the draft. Like DJ Moore or Ridley in round 1 then somebody like Deon Cain DJ Chark or Jmon Moore in rounds 2-3. I really like all of Callaway Cain Chark and Jmon Moore. Callaway and JMon Moore could be grabbed in round3/4 and have top shelf No.2 or even No.1 potential

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah, this screams tampering to me if you ask me. Thought about thst the other day

I mean it literally can’t not be tampering - but it’s not really a big deal - tampering goes on the whole time - it’s the most important part of the combine tbh

Scouts start fielding offers from teams more than a year away from free agency in some cases

It’s the NFL’s worst kept secret but it really makes little difference either way

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean it literally can’t not be tampering - but it’s not really a big deal - tampering goes on the whole time - it’s the most important part of the combine tbh

Scouts start fielding offers from teams more than a year away from free agency in some cases

It’s the NFL’s worst kept secret but it really makes little difference either way
He could have spoken to him prior to becoming the GM of the Giants.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If you looked at the draft picks from each year tons of small school guys do not go in the later rounds. Big schools still dominate the draft selections in the later rounds. You named one decent player what about all the misses? Idk how you can say large school players suck because they were picked later
Judon, bwill, juszczyk, Jensen, Webb, small school guys. And that's just off the top of my head

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

Nobody is gonna say anything about it. I would like Hernandez in the draft. We should trade back into late round1 for him. He isn’t far off Nelson. He turned out to be a very underrated athlete. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is as good as Nelson. I would be totally cool with Hernandez at 16. My favorite players are oline man that can strike fear in opponents. An offensive lineman of that caliber is rare and makes the skill players better. If dlineman and linebackers are thinking about not getting mauled he is distracted from putting heat on theQB and tackling.

On a side note what does everybody think of Eluemunor stepping up. Very raw but an exceptional athlete for a 340 lb Brute. Although his inexperience showed up. A lot of analysts thought he showed elite traits like heavy hands leg drive and bouncy feet. Once he is coached up he could be a late round steal.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nobody is gonna say anything about it. I would like Hernandez in the draft. We should trade back into late round1 for him. He isn’t far off Nelson. He turned out to be a very underrated athlete. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is as good as Nelson. I would be totally cool with Hernandez at 16. My favorite players are oline man that can strike fear in opponents. An offensive lineman of that caliber is rare and makes the skill players better. If dlineman and linebackers are thinking about not getting mauled he is distracted from putting heat on theQB and tackling.

On a side note what does everybody think of Eluemunor stepping up. Very raw but an exceptional athlete for a 340 lb Brute. Although his inexperience showed up. A lot of analysts thought he showed elite traits like heavy hands leg drive and bouncy feet. Once he is coached up he could be a late round steal.
I could see Eluemunor stepping up this season. As you said he’s extremely raw, but he has some nice traits.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
It's a lot of fun trying to find those guys.

It’s fun uncovering late round studs from any school. Mid to late round small school studs tend to check all the boxes except competition. Dominant production and a solid combine performance. And dominant senior bowl and Shrine game. Later round big school player tend to have traits but not the production and tend to need some refinement like Martavis Bryant