• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post Combine Mock

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Nobody is gonna say anything about it. I would like Hernandez in the draft. We should trade back into late round1 for him. He isn’t far off Nelson. He turned out to be a very underrated athlete. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is as good as Nelson. I would be totally cool with Hernandez at 16. My favorite players are oline man that can strike fear in opponents. An offensive lineman of that caliber is rare and makes the skill players better. If dlineman and linebackers are thinking about not getting mauled he is distracted from putting heat on theQB and tackling.

On a side note what does everybody think of Eluemunor stepping up. Very raw but an exceptional athlete for a 340 lb Brute. Although his inexperience showed up. A lot of analysts thought he showed elite traits like heavy hands leg drive and bouncy feet. Once he is coached up he could be a late round steal.

I think Eluemunor will step up too, very raw but he has all the physical tools.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Do you want me to name all the big school guys the Ravens took in the later rounds?
And how is that relevant?

You're bitching about people bringing up small school guys, of course small school talents are fewer and farther between, they don't get top recruits, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there and worth mentioning. The highest paid guard of all time is a small school guy drafted by the ravens, the best wr in the league currently along with the greatest of all time are both small school guys. Small school guys are absolutely worth mentioning and you bitching about it is frankly just weird, like why would that bother you at all? Is it because you're incapable of sniffing out these small school talents because you don't do your due diligence like some others?

Nobody is gonna say anything about it. I would like Hernandez in the draft. We should trade back into late round1 for him. He isn’t far off Nelson. He turned out to be a very underrated athlete. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is as good as Nelson. I would be totally cool with Hernandez at 16. My favorite players are oline man that can strike fear in opponents. An offensive lineman of that caliber is rare and makes the skill players better. If dlineman and linebackers are thinking about not getting mauled he is distracted from putting heat on theQB and tackling.

On a side note what does everybody think of Eluemunor stepping up. Very raw but an exceptional athlete for a 340 lb Brute. Although his inexperience showed up. A lot of analysts thought he showed elite traits like heavy hands leg drive and bouncy feet. Once he is coached up he could be a late round steal.
As a pass blocker I don’t think Nelson and Hernandez are on the same level.
And how is that relevant?

You're bitching about people bringing up small school guys, of course small school talents are fewer and farther between, they don't get top recruits, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there and worth mentioning. The highest paid guard of all time is a small school guy drafted by the ravens, the best wr in the league currently along with the greatest of all time are both small school guys. Small school guys are absolutely worth mentioning and you bitching about it is frankly just weird, like why would that bother you at all? Is it because you're incapable of sniffing out these small school talents because you don't do your due diligence like some others?
If your slow brain could properly interpret my comment, I said people go out of their way to find small school guys thinking they found the diamond in the rough, it’s annoying. These guys that are in these mock drafts are just fliers people throw in with little to no knowledge of how their game is going to translate to the next level. I never said it’s bad to draft small school guys. The highest paid guard is Kevin Zeitler not KO. It’s also annoying when people don’t have their facts straight.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As a pass blocker I don’t think Nelson and Hernandez are on the same level.

If your slow brain could properly interpret my comment, I said people go out of their way to find small school guys thinking they found the diamond in the rough, it’s annoying. These guys that are in these mock drafts are just fliers people throw in with little to no knowledge of how their game is going to translate to the next level. I never said it’s bad to draft small school guys. The highest paid guard is Kevin Zeitler not KO. It’s also annoying when people don’t have their facts straight.
One year prior to the signing he was the highest paid ever, what a fuckup on my part eh? And if it annoys you that someone did their due diligence and found a talented small school guy, then you have some weird shit that annoys you. You know what annoys me? Jackasses who have zero understanding of football who come in here with perpetual doom and gloom and talk to others like shit.

One year prior to the signing he was the highest paid ever, what a fuckup on my part eh? And if it annoys you that someone did their due diligence and found a talented small school guy, then you have some weird shit that annoys you. You know what annoys me? Jackasses who have zero understanding of football who come in here with perpetual doom and gloom and talk to others like shit.
That’s the problem they don’t do their due dillgence lol they just throw them in to their mock drafts hoping they hit. It’s ANNOYING. I’m not going to keeping arguing with a random, just leave it at that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That’s the problem they don’t do their due dillgence lol they just throw them in to their mock drafts hoping they hit. It’s ANNOYING. I’m not going to keeping arguing with a random, just leave it at that.
Watching the film and seeing a guy with legitimate NFL talent and deciding you like said prospect in whatever round, IS due diligence. Wtf else would you call it?

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

KO went to Iowa state. I wouldn’t call that a small college. Not a powerhouse. But not really a small college like north Texas or Southern Alabama whatever lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

um what? people dont just pick names out of a hat - they only ever pick guys they've watched film on or think are likely to be picked in that spot - if a guy is putting a small school guy in a mock then he most definitely will have watched them otherwise they probably wouldnt even have heard of them...

you telling me that people shouldnt have bothered mocking corey davis in drafts just because he was a small school guy last year?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Eluemunor will step up too, very raw but he has all the physical tools.
Absolutely agree. Think many of us are going to be surprised, but as you said, he has all the physical tools and was very raw.

um what? people dont just pick names out of a hat - they only ever pick guys they've watched film on or think are likely to be picked in that spot - if a guy is putting a small school guy in a mock then he most definitely will have watched them otherwise they probably wouldnt even have heard of them...

you telling me that people shouldnt have bothered mocking corey davis in drafts just because he was a small school guy last year?
Watching film or highlights? Idk where they would find the resources to find film on small school guys because it’s too hard to get your hands on(for the public anyways). Corey Davis was widely known because of the numbers he put up on big name schools. He doesn’t fit the mold of guys I’m talking about. I’m talking about the no name small school guys.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Watching film or highlights? Idk where they would find the resources to find film on small school guys because it’s too hard to get your hands on(for the public anyways). Corey Davis was widely known because of the numbers he put up on big name schools. He doesn’t fit the mold of guys I’m talking about. I’m talking about the no name small school guys.

they are all no-name guys until they get found...
and part of the knock on corey davis was that he didnt do as well as hoped vs big name schools...

and dude you find the tape the same way you do for other prospects...

they are all no-name guys until they get found...
and part of the knock on corey davis was that he didnt do as well as hoped vs big name schools...

and dude you find the tape the same way you do for other prospects...
How about you find tape on the small school guys in this mock draft and send me the links.