• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to B-More, John Brown & Michael Crabtree

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Maybe this isn't the appropriate thread, but what happened to Brice Butler and why has no one mentioned in him forever on here?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
jeff zrebiec was reporting that they were pursuing crabtree before grant became an issue - the idea being that they knew they needed to grab another receiver...

dammit i was well excited about having crabtree, grant and brown all playing for us - i would be lowkey excited for that group with the draft still coming up

It would definitely be a better group than last year, for sure. Wonder what's going to happen with Grant now...

arnie_uk

Veteran
not really, this doesnt apply to me..as you know.

He's solid but SSR even when we signed him at his age and Boldin were superior players.
Your fucking kidding right? Allen Robinson is probably the best of the rest at the wr position after the elites... ab obj evans jones green hopkins

arnie_uk

Veteran
I thought he was one of the better receivers in this free agent class, but not elite. I don't throw around that term easily. Would I have liked him. Absolutely. Would it have been smart to pay him that money. N....O
How is he not worth 14mil py? Get with the times. You have to pony up for top playmakers... he is one.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Disappointing. I honestly like Grant. Wasn't a fan of the deal we gave him but pairing him with Crabtree and a high draft pick would of been a far better WR group than pervious years. Hopefully we can work something out with him. Crabtree by himself doesn't excite me as an WR room overhaul
I liked grant as well, but it wouldn’t be smart to give him the contract
How is he not worth 14mil py? Get with the times. You have to pony up for top playmakers... he is one.
I didn't say he wasn't worth 14m. Outside of his injury. that being said, the only reason I said I wouldn't pay him was our cap situation. That's all.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
We're talking about allen robinson. Simeone said he wasn't worth 14 mil py. Someone else said boldin and ssr are better players at the date we signed them than allen robinson
Ah my bad. I think the reason these contracts are inflated is because of the weak wr class in the first round this year. The bears wouldn't have paid 14 mil for him if they thought they could get a potential #1 with their first