• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Important factors pertaining to Jets vs Ravens

Mainejet

Practice Squad
DEFENSE will be a major challenge for the Jets on opening day.....

Last year, the Jets were statistically the very worst defense in football. Now, JD had added quite a few very nice pieces to the defense in the form of FA veterans mixed with good, young draft choices. Yet, the defense is still straight up garbage. That really cannot be overemphasized. So far in the preseason, the Jets defense has no idea how to play simple zone. The Eagles and Falcons receivers are running into the zone and sitting down where they get hit wide open. It's like the Jets defense is in quick sand. It's so bad I'm wondering if they have any idea how they're supposed to react when an opposing receiver enters the zone? They're also getting pushed around at the point of attack and allowing any RB a nice 4 to 6 yard per carry average. There clearly isn't a decent excuse for this. It's one thing to play badly when it's your first season in a new defensive design and you've been decimated by injuries. It's something entirely different to watch the players starting the game, mostly second stringers, get pushed around the way they are. Objectively, they've shown nothing in the way of knowing what they're supposed to do. Simply said, they look just as bad as last season and then some. The Ravens will likely have a field day with the Jets......

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I hope you are right but i just don't know enough regarding Stanley,Dobbins,LG to feel that way. Plus Flacco
will certainly have more of a fight than usual against his old team.
Well Stanley is probably not playing this game. Dobbins will play but almost certainly on a pitch count. LG is actually fine no matter if it's Powers, Tyre, Cleveland, or Mekari.

Joe will be better than Zach but he'll probably be sacked multiple times and guarantee he throws multiple interceptions. Did you see his classic pick 6 he threw yesterday?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well Stanley is probably not playing this game. Dobbins will play but almost certainly on a pitch count. LG is actually fine no matter if it's Powers, Tyre, Cleveland, or Mekari.

Joe will be better than Zach but he'll probably be sacked multiple times and guarantee he throws multiple interceptions. Did you see his classic pick 6 he threw yesterday?
I didn’t see the pick but I hope he saves some pick 6’s for us .

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Look it up. It was an AWFUL play
Yep. He really looked like shit on that play. However, leading up to that play he looked pretty good. And really the most surprising thing for me was TYLER CONKLIN. I knew he was a good player and a nice addition but I really didn't think he would look this good. Regardless, whether it's Zach or Joe, Conklin seems to be the guy the QB leans on the most. Very excited to see what he can be for the Jets in 2022...

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I think something needs to be said regarding the coaching DISADVANTAGE the Jets have? I'm not down on Robert Saleh. I believe in time he could become a good HC. The problem is right now, or specifically last season. Saleh looked like a deer in the headlights. Very, very poor game planning, lack of reinforcing the fundamentals, statistically the very worst defense in football. Mind you defense is what got Robert Saleh the job. He MUST start getting better: 1) to start the season and 2) coming out of the bye. He has to start putting his expertise (defense) on full display. Todd Bowles, I happen to think is a decent HC. He was screwed by a terrible GM and that's why things didn't work out in NY. Although when he was the Jets HC, he immediately proved his defensive pedigree. So if JD thinks RS is a good HC then it shouldn't be any problem for the Jets to go through a metamorphosis and become a much better defense. They have the talent with a good mix of veterans and blue chip prospects.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
The more I look at this match up the more I think the real battle is Jets offense vs Ravens defense. The Jets OL was horrid last year and in the preseason they were still really bad. Against the Giants they looked about the same as last season.

I was quite frankly surprised to find out the Ravens are not a good pass rushing team? I don't watch you guys enough but I found out that the Ravens defense does not generate enough pressure on the QB.

So honestly this begs the question... what unit will show up? The Jets OL is revamped and is talented on paper. The Ravens pass rush wasn't great and it appears, at least from my outsiders perspective, that they didn't do much in the offseason to improve it? I'm assuming David Ojabo won't be ready for opening day?

So that will tell us a lot about how this game will go. Very early indications could tell you the entire game....

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Jets restructured CJ Mosleys base salary to signing bonus and spread it over future years. They've freed up 11.9 in cap space as a result. Needed cap space for the year....

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Zach Wilson was asked at a charity event in NYC what is his time-line for recovery. He thinks he'll be ready for week one. So Ravens might get Zach after all....