• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Baltimore Orioles

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I had no idea yesterday was the ring ceremony but they didn’t do it opening day cuz that’s too much. I ended up in the high upper decks for 30 dollars and the seats were nice but I was pretty pissed about the price lol. Today 30$ will be getting me on the third base line 14 rows up lol

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Seriously, no pitching and no hitting??? I admit I haven't seen a lot of the games, but where is the patience at the plate? They are making it way too easy for the opposing pitcher. And Beckham sucks at third, thanks a lot Manny.

I should not be this frustrated after ONE WEEK! :unsure:

But we can still win 99 more, right? Somebody? Anybody want to talk me down from the ledge? :p

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Seriously, no pitching and no hitting??? I admit I haven't seen a lot of the games, but where is the patience at the plate? They are making it way too easy for the opposing pitcher. And Beckham sucks at third, thanks a lot Manny.

I should not be this frustrated after ONE WEEK! :unsure:

But we can still win 99 more, right? Somebody? Anybody want to talk me down from the ledge? :p

It is so early in the season so there is no need be up on the ledge yet. There are areas to be concerned about. I believe the hitting will get better but we are still a power offense with a poor on base percentage. The defense is another area of concern for me, better defense would be a big help for our pitching staff. Our starters need to go deeper into the game, five inning starts will kill our bullpen. Protecting two rule 5 pitchers will be tough for Buck Showalter, perhaps one of the them will be making a trip to the DL soon. I am curious when Cobb joins the O’s, which starter does he bump from the rotation, Tillman or Wright?

That being said if we sweep four straight from the Yankees we will all be dancing in the streets.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
It is so early in the season so there is no need be up on the ledge yet. There are areas to be concerned about. I believe the hitting will get better but we are still a power offense with a poor on base percentage. The defense is another area of concern for me, better defense would be a big help for our pitching staff. Our starters need to go deeper into the game, five inning starts will kill our bullpen. Protecting two rule 5 pitchers will be tough for Buck Showalter, perhaps one of the them will be making a trip to the DL soon. I am curious when Cobb joins the O’s, which starter does he bump from the rotation, Tillman or Wright?

That being said if we sweep four straight from the Yankees we will all be dancing in the streets.
So far, I think Tillman should be bumped, but I want to see if Wright can repeat his success.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

You are so right about the pitching. We saw what short outings did to our bullpen last season.

Yes, that sweep would be beyond awesome!

I think he is going to bump Wright.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Going to the Frederick Keys v Myrtle Beach Pelicans game tonight. The Pelicans are a Cubs affiliate. Should be fun to take in a game with the family. The last time I went to a Pelicans game, I met Andre Dawson.