• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Rumors/team draft visits

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here are at least some of the players meetings reported so far. The most recent additions(today) include Haydn Hurst and PJ Hall. It's also been reported we have had a combine meeting with Ridley though he is not listed here.

Two later round picks that show as visiting a wide variety of teams: Austin Golsond and Tony Adams

BAL.gif
Baltimore Ravens
  • Tony Adams, C, N.C. State (PRO)
  • Genard Avery, ILB, Memphis (PRI)
  • Jeff Badet, WR, Oklahoma (EW)
  • Kurt Benkert, QB, Virginia (LOC)
  • Quinn Blanding, S, VIRGINIA, (LOC)
  • Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (COM)
  • Amari Coleman, CB, Central Michigan (PRO)
  • Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State (PRI)
  • Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama (COM)
  • Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa (PRI)
  • Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State (PRI)
  • Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (PRO)
  • Austin Golson, C, Auburn (SR)
  • Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (PRI)
  • P.J. Hall, DT, Sam Houston State (PRI)
  • DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State (STM)
  • Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia (WOR)
  • Chris Herndon, TE, Miami (PRI)
  • Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina (PRI)
  • Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (PRI)
  • Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas (PRO)
  • Jaryd Jones-Smith, OT, Pittsburgh (EW)
  • Nick Keizer, TE, Grand Valley State ( Wor)
  • Joel Lanning, ILB, Iowa State (EW)
  • Darius Leonard, OLB/ILB, South Carolina State (SR)
  • Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (Com)
  • D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (LOC)
  • Ryan Nall, FB, Oregon State (COM)
  • Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (PRO)
  • Kingsley Opara, DT, Maryland (LOC)
  • Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (SR)
  • De'Mornay Pierson-El, WR, Nebraska (PRI)
  • Brandon Shed, WR, Hobart (PRO)
  • Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana (COM)
  • Cavon Walker, DE, Maryland (PRO)
  • Justin Watson, WR, Pennsylvania (PRI)
  • Dorian O'daniel, ILB, Clemson (PRI)

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here's a little look at the center, Tony Adams: https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/3/27/17166072/nfl-draft-2018-tony-adams-ny-giants-nc-state-center

He sounds like the type guy we usually target in the mid to late rounds. Undervalued position, and gets overlooked personally because of his build. But he's strong, has good footwork, and blocks until the whistle. Plus, he's got a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove himself. Could be our next Jensen.
Golson feels like a Ravens fifth/sixth as well. He's played everything except RG. projects as a center.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Yeah from what I have seen I like the look of Golson

Going to watch some Adams tape over the weekend as I know very little about the guy

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Certain players have an especially long list of team visits/inquiries/meetings. But Ryan Nall,(according to Charlie Campbell and his contacts) far out distances any other player so far as that is concerned.
OregonState_logo.gif
Ryan Nall, FB, Oregon State
  • 49ers (COM)
  • Bears^ (PRI, COM)
  • Bengals (COM)
  • Bills (COM)
  • Broncos (COM)
  • Browns (COM)
  • Buccaneers (COM)
  • Cardinals (COM)
  • Chargers (COM)
  • Chiefs (COM)
  • Colts (COM)
  • Cowboys (COM)
  • Dolphins (COM)
  • Eagles (COM)
  • Falcons (COM)
  • Giants (COM)
  • Jaguars (COM)
  • Jets (COM)
  • Lions (COM)
  • Packers (COM)
  • Panthers (COM)
  • Patriots (COM)
  • Raiders (COM)
  • Rams (COM)
  • Ravens (COM)
  • Redskins (COM)
  • Saints (COM)
  • Seahawks (COM)
  • Steelers (COM)
  • Texans (COM)
  • Titans (COM)
  • Vikings (COM)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
My guess, based on these visits and some not on the list is that there are likely two players we stay at sixteen to take (this assumes an offer is extended to trade down). My guess would be that those two players are Calvin Ridley and Lamar Jackson. Otherwise, and with the option to trade down, our pick in round one will likely be either Haydn Hurst or Dallas Goedert.

Assuming this is the case I would expect our draft to look something like this:
1) TE
2) WR, ( Michael gallup ?) ....
3) QB,

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
My guess, based on these visits and some not on the list is that there are likely two players we stay at sixteen to take (this assumes an offer is extended to trade down). My guess would be that those two players are Calvin Ridley and Lamar Jackson. Otherwise, and with the option to trade down, our pick in round one will likely be either Haydn Hurst or Dallas Goedert.

Assuming this is the case I would expect our draft to look something like this:
1) TE
2) WR, ( Michael gallup ?) ....
3) QB,
#WeNeedOffensiveLineman

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know. And I agree.
My hunch though, is that there is no way we get out of the first three rounds without a legitimate threat at WR and at TE that can contribute straightaway....at least if we can help it.

If we trade back, a center or tackle could likely be in play with an extra pick.
#WeNeedOffensiveLineman

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
One defensive lineman sneaking up draft boards is Bilal Nichols of Delaware. We presently grade Nichols as a sixth-round prospect, but he could sneak into the fourth round. Nichols had a solid week of practice for the Shrine Game and turned in a terrific combine performance.

Teams feel that Nichols not only offers potential at defensive tackle but could also line up as a two-gap end. The small-school prospect has had individual workouts with the Baltimore Ravens, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts. Nichols will be on an official visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers tomorrow. As we noted during the combine theNew York Jets had also shown a lot of interest in Nichols.

Darhk_Raven

Practice Squad
According to an Instagram post by nationalmockdrafts, the Ravens like DaeSean Hamilton so much that we could even pick him in the 2nd round. They credit Eric Edholm of Pro Football Weekly.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
According to an Instagram post by nationalmockdrafts, the Ravens like DaeSean Hamilton so much that we could even pick him in the 2nd round. They credit Eric Edholm of Pro Football Weekly.
If this happens then decosta can fucking retire too...

It will just show that they still haven't learned any lessons. Draft a NATURAL CATCHER because you can't teach that natural comfort level to locate, adjust, and attack, and youcant coach good hands. You can teach guys to run routes at a high level like Hamilton but you can't fix his bobbling problem

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is the funniest thing I’ve heard all day. Thanks for the laugh.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

It will just show that they still haven't learned any lessons. Draft a NATURAL CATCHER because you can't teach that natural comfort level to locate, adjust, and attack, and youcant coach good hands. You can teach guys to run routes at a high level like Hamilton but you can't fix his bobbling problem

Yeah it doesn’t make sense given harbs specifically mentioning (almost passive aggressively) that receivers have to be able to catch the ball first and foremost - maybe we are high on Hamilton but I doubt we’re higher on him than guys with much safer pairs of hands

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah it doesn’t make sense given harbs specifically mentioning (almost passive aggressively) that receivers have to be able to catch the ball first and foremost - maybe we are high on Hamilton but I doubt we’re higher on him than guys with much safer pairs of hands
Exactly. Hamilton is an excellent route runner, one of the best in the class, but Michael gallup is very strong there too and with much safer hands

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
This is the funniest thing I’ve heard all day. Thanks for the laugh.

You probably haven't realized but a lot of draft analysts are very high on him. Since his breakout Senior Bowl they all have him in the third and wouldn't be shocked if he goes higher. Would I agree? No. But don't act like it would be the most crazy thing to happen on draft day.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You probably haven't realized but a lot of draft analysts are very high on him. Since his breakout Senior Bowl they all have him in the third and wouldn't be shocked if he goes higher. Would I agree? No. But don't act like it would be the most crazy thing to happen on draft day.
Well be the ones to fucking take him in the 2nd over guys like Gallup and Miller and Washington and then he leads the league in drops while all 3 of the others are OROY runner ups after the qbs

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Well be the ones to fucking take him in the 2nd over guys like Gallup and Miller and Washington and then he leads the league in drops while all 3 of the others are OROY runner ups after the qbs
I've seen a fair amount of drops from Gallup and Miller too. Honestly apart from Ridley no receiver inspires me confidence with their hands. It's something we'll have to live with.
And again, I'm not defending a choice I would disapprove but I wouldn't be that shocked if Hamilton goes in the second because he too can be productive from day one.