• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Jets

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This thread's been a long time coming but finally football is here!!!

1pm Sunday kickoff. Lots of questions to be answered still though...

What is the point of Josh Oliver?
How big are Kenyan Drake and Mike Davis's roles? How much does JK Dobbins play?
Who other than Oweh and Houston play edge? And how do those 2 fare with Macdonald's new defensive tweaks?
Is Marcus Peters healthy enough to play?
What does the WR depth chart look like and how are they used?

A lot of stuff to look forward to and think about.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm really going to sit back and try to enjoy every week of this football season. Damn I've missed this.

I got a good feeling about Dobbins. Likely scores in his first NFL action and defense gets at least 2 TOs. Going to give us a generous 4+ sacks. Oweh is going to look like a star. The margin of victory will be determined by how the OL plays.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yesssss!!!! Its good. I don't get Josh Oliver either but when it comes to TE's Likely damn sure isn't one. He is a WR in my eyes. Boyle is injury prone so maybe Oliver is for protection but he ain't no blocker. Is bulkier tho this year. I still think you're gonna see more safeties being on the field as defacto LB's plus Queen I can see blitzing more. I'm very curious about our running game and whether it will be successful. No Lamar in the preseason our o-line didn't look that great drive blocking or on pulls but everything was kept very vanilla so we'll see.

We can't take the Jets for granted. It would be a big mistake. The Raiders got us last year and I remember the Lions game was supposed to be a lock. Thank gawd for Tucker!!!!!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yesssss!!!! Its good. I don't get Josh Oliver either but when it comes to TE's Likely damn sure isn't one. He is a WR in my eyes. Boyle is injury prone so maybe Oliver is for protection but he ain't no blocker. Is bulkier tho this year. I still think you're gonna see more safeties being on the field as defacto LB's plus Queen I can see blitzing more. I'm very curious about our running game and whether it will be successful. No Lamar in the preseason our o-line didn't look that great drive blocking or on pulls but everything was kept very vanilla so we'll see.

We can't take the Jets for granted. It would be a big mistake. The Raiders got us last year and I remember the Lions game was supposed to be a lock. Thank gawd for Tucker!!!!!
O-line. That's what it will come down to. We get good blocking and this game isn't close. Really excited to see all the "starters" finally play next to each other.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
O-line. That's what it will come down to. We get good blocking and this game isn't close. Really excited to see all the "starters" finally play next to each other.
Same here. Seemed like they were shifting everybody to play at other spots lol. Right now I'm not sure about Stanley but left to right even w/o James, Powers, lind, Zeitler and Moses look solid with good depth with Mekari. Ricar can also be used as a basic fullback or a move guy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

why is he not a TE?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
why is he not a TE?
He's the real Miles Boykin. Couldn't catch much preseason action for the first 2 games but it seemed like he was in the slot. Didn't notice him inline. Not saying it didn't happen but to me he's a WR.
Boyle is also not injury prone
He is injury prone just like Lamar. J/k. Idk he seems to miss a lot of time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've seen Andrews line up the line quite often but to me I'm old school on what a TE should be.
Mark Andrews lined up in the slot 65% of the time. I think it's very likely that Likely will do something very similar. That being said, he was used in the slot and as a Y TE during the preseason.

Last edited:

Mainejet

Practice Squad
This thread's been a long time coming but finally football is here!!!

1pm Sunday kickoff. Lots of questions to be answered still though...

What is the point of Josh Oliver?
How big are Kenyan Drake and Mike Davis's roles? How much does JK Dobbins play?
Who other than Oweh and Houston play edge? And how do those 2 fare with Macdonald's new defensive tweaks?
Is Marcus Peters healthy enough to play?
What does the WR depth chart look like and how are they used?

A lot of stuff to look forward to and think about.

What is the point of all of those players you mentioned? They're all there to be made BITCHES by the Jets. From my mouth to God's ears!^_^

Mainejet

Practice Squad
That's actually a very good question.....

Who do you guys believe among the rookies will have the biggest impact on opening day?

From my own standpoint, I always thought Hamilton was a turn key player. I think he'll have the biggest impact against the Jets and I think Likely will play a prominent role off the bench. IMO? Those are your two guys that will make the largest rookie impact on opening day.....

Mainejet

Practice Squad

Yeah, I know what you're saying. You guys just simply aren't good enough. The Ravens need to hang it up. The Jets are going to b*tch slap them on Sunday!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's actually a very good question.....

Who do you guys believe among the rookies will have the biggest impact on opening day?

From my own standpoint, I always thought Hamilton was a turn key player. I think he'll have the biggest impact against the Jets and I think Likely will play a prominent role off the bench. IMO? Those are your two guys that will make the largest rookie impact on opening day.....
I'd agree with that and add Linderbaum and Jordan Stout to the mix.

Who do you think out of the Jets rookies will make the biggest impact?

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Don't forget your front 7 against the Jets OL? The Jets have pretty much new faces everywhere on the OL. Really Center is the only position that hasn't changed. The talent is there for the Jets but they've never worked together. We'll see how well they do. Really kind of up in the air.....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Don't forget your front 7 against the Jets OL? The Jets have pretty much new faces everywhere on the OL. Really Center is the only position that hasn't changed. The talent is there for the Jets but they've never worked together. We'll see how well they do. Really kind of up in the air.....
takes a while to develop chemistry on the offensive line.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I'd agree with that and add Linderbaum and Jordan Stout to the mix.

Who do you think out of the Jets rookies will make the biggest impact?
I don't think Linderbaum will be a serious contributor when he's facing Quinnen Williams. Quinnen is quite possibly the very best player the Jets have and it really looks like he's going to break out in a major way this season. Linderbaum is a really good prospect, I just think he's in over his head this Sunday....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think Linderbaum will be a serious contributor when he's facing Quinnen Williams. Quinnen is quite possibly the very best player the Jets have and it really looks like he's going to break out in a major way this season. Linderbaum is a really good prospect, I just think he's in over his head this Sunday....
he's very good, but don't underestimate Linderbaum. Will Quinnen Williams win some battles. Absolutely, but he won't be getting to him as often as in previous seasons before Linderbaum. So in the Ravens case, it's a big improvement to have Linderbaum and why he is a serious contributor.