• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Jets

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The Ravens gained a total of 114 yards in the first half and 170 something yards in the second half. The Ravens pretty much won that game based on 3 big passing plays. LJ completed 56% of his passes and had an overall QB rating of 65.5. LJ typically has a QB rating of 98.1 and completes 64% of his passes normally. LJ averages 63.9 yards per game on the ground for his career. The Ravens, as a team, gained a total of 68 yards rushing against the Jets.

So when you say the Ravens carved them up through the air in the 2nd half? Well, I don't know what you were watching but the Ravens were taken completely out of their element and comfort zone. That was as plain as day to see.

The Ravens gained 274 of total offense. The Jets had 380. The Jets had 24 1st downs against the Ravens. The Ravens had 13. The Jets won the time of possession. The idea that the Ravens carved up the Jets in the 2nd half is silly.

The Jets could not ultimately score points in the game and that's a credit to the Ravens for playing bend but don't break defense. But by every measure besides turnovers (and that's also huge) and points, the Jets won.

The Jets problem for more than a decade now has always been the following:

1) They're notoriously slow starters. They've routinely taken 1/3 of the game before they finally start scoring points. Against the Ravens was no exception as they managed their first points just before half.

2) They NEVER generate turnovers. The Jets offense coughed up the ball twice. The Ravens, if my memory serves me correctly, fumbled at least once and they managed to recover their fumble. But just the same the Jets still lost the turnover battle. There's no way you'll beat the Ravens if you lose the turnover battle......
Bro look at what I wrote. The Jets totally shut down the Ravens offense in the first half. No one disputes that. I even provided multiple explanations for that which includes the Jets defense being good. Then in the second half the Ravens ran the ball better, threw the ball better, and scored even more points. The Jets stopped running because they had to because they were down so many points the whole game. The Ravens let captain check down thrown check downs all game because they knew that would lose the Jets the game. That's where all your offensive stats come from. Garbage time dink and dumps which was the whole game for you lmao.

It's pretty simple here bud.

1) Jets defense plays really well for 1 half.
2) Jets defense plays ok in the second half but gives up huge plays for TDs. So not really ok, but they could've been worse!
3) The Jets offense was atrocious the whole game and we know why. You've got a chance for that to get better if your OL and QB get healthier.
4) The Jets turned the ball over a million times, the Ravens didn't.
5) My personal favorite "But by every measure besides turnovers (and that's also huge) and points, the Jets won." in this delusional part of the rant you finally remembered the important part. We scored more points than you and by a lot.

The Ravens were far from perfect, but that game wasn't close.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well, call it whatever you want. You guys won so you can call it whatever pleases you the most. I just know the Jets defense took the Ravens completely out of their element. LJ had to resort to things he's pretty much never done before to win the game. I give him credit, he met the challenge.....

what things? i dont think i saw anything from lamar that i havent seen him do hundreds of times...

the jets stifled our running game and quinnen williams and carl lawson had a few pressures and caused some problems on occasion - not sure what else is supposed to have been an issue???

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Ravens gained a total of 114 yards in the first half and 170 something yards in the second half. The Ravens pretty much won that game based on 3 big passing plays. LJ completed 56% of his passes and had an overall QB rating of 65.5. LJ typically has a QB rating of 98.1 and completes 64% of his passes normally. LJ averages 63.9 yards per game on the ground for his career. The Ravens, as a team, gained a total of 68 yards rushing against the Jets.

So when you say the Ravens carved them up through the air in the 2nd half? Well, I don't know what you were watching but the Ravens were taken completely out of their element and comfort zone. That was as plain as day to see.

The Ravens gained 274 of total offense. The Jets had 380. The Jets had 24 1st downs against the Ravens. The Ravens had 13. The Jets won the time of possession. The idea that the Ravens carved up the Jets in the 2nd half is silly.

The Jets could not ultimately score points in the game and that's a credit to the Ravens for playing bend but don't break defense. But by every measure besides turnovers (and that's also huge) and points, the Jets won.

1) They're notoriously slow starters. They've routinely taken 1/3 of the game before they finally start scoring points. Against the Ravens was no exception as they managed their first points just before half.

2) They NEVER generate turnovers. The Jets offense coughed up the ball twice. The Ravens, if my memory serves me correctly, fumbled at least once and they managed to recover their fumble. But just the same the Jets still lost the turnover battle. There's no way you'll beat the Ravens if you lose the turnover battle......

24-9 (should’ve been 24-3 without the garbage time ass TD)… yes, you’re exactly right, you dominated us

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, call it whatever you want. You guys won so you can call it whatever pleases you the most. I just know the Jets defense took the Ravens completely out of their element. LJ had to resort to things he's pretty much never done before to win the game. I give him credit, he met the challenge.....
Actually you just had 8 men in the box and it definitely stopped our running game and in combination of a majority of the Ravens starters, including Lamar being rusty not playing in game 1. Not saying you didn't play well defensively in the first half, but once we adjusted you were toast.

The game is 60 minutes and we were still winning after the first 30 minutes even when you were "dominating"

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Lamar's avg depth of target was over 13 yards, which was the largest by far in the league. He completed 3 of those for TD's, but you are right, you dominated us. If you want to come in hear and piece meal a game together and say you dominated us while you lost 24-9 and as @Sizzle said it was really 24-3 due to that garbage time TD. If you can take out 3 TDs by Lamar and a few long passes, we can certainly take out your garbage time interception and TD.

take away a few plays and we beat you 24-0.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You think Lamar has never had to throw some tds to win a game?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

The ravens were on cruise control the entire second half, offensively and defensively. Don’t read too much into the stat sheet my dude, we didn’t run well against 8 man fronts, shocker, but then we lit up that same front through the air in a few short possessions and the game got out of hand VERY quick.

Believe it or not that’s a pretty standard Lamar/Roman/ravens win. Many of the ravens lopsided wins the past 2-3 years went exactly this way. Struggle for the first 4-5 possessions, and then suddenly you blink and we got a 14 point lead and there’s never a doubt as to who’s controlling the game.