• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Running Game and The When Will these Injuries ever end?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yall gotta appreciate the little things. I look at that as hes always communicating with the team. Seems a lot less annoying than Marlon.

Happy to have Pierce back. Not to shit on Williams but even at the time was hoping to keep Michael over Brandon.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yall gotta appreciate the little things. I look at that as hes always communicating with the team. Seems a lot less annoying than Marlon.

Happy to have Pierce back. Not to shit on Williams but even at the time was hoping to keep Michael over Brandon.
Yeah I don't find Calais annoying at all. Marlon is a whole nother level of annoying.

I REALLY appreciate Justin Houston and Marcus Peters. They're obviously amazing players but I love their attitudes. They're usually softer spoken with the media, but they have that I don't give a fuck about anything other than being great attitude and it shows up in their play and trash talking on Sundays. True killers.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Explain this to me like I’m five

the ravens had more TEs and FBs/RBs on the field than basically any other team - lots of packages with bigger bodies on the field vs the NFL average

and despite that...

when the game situation suggested the likelihood of passing and running was roughly even, the ravens chose to pass 68% of the time on those plays which was highest in the NFL despite being in heavier packages more than any other team

Greg Roman invited the jets to put 8 in the box and be in base personnel and called plays to attack them in the passing game - the idea is going to be that eventually teams are either going to have to drop personnel out of the box or put lighter personnel on the field despite the ravens being in heavy personnel both of which will likely mean the ravens run more against lighter boxes - it's taking advantage of Mark Andrews and hopefully Likely too as those mismatch weapons

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think when Dobbins, Peters, Bowser, Stanley, Ojabo, and Gus take the field on Gameday, we'll be a very stout team to defend against or attack. We are going to be really complete as a team.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
the ravens had more TEs and FBs/RBs on the field than basically any other team - lots of packages with bigger bodies on the field vs the NFL average

and despite that...

when the game situation suggested the likelihood of passing and running was roughly even, the ravens chose to pass 68% of the time on those plays which was highest in the NFL despite being in heavier packages more than any other team

Greg Roman invited the jets to put 8 in the box and be in base personnel and called plays to attack them in the passing game - the idea is going to be that eventually teams are either going to have to drop personnel out of the box or put lighter personnel on the field despite the ravens being in heavy personnel both of which will likely mean the ravens run more against lighter boxes - it's taking advantage of Mark Andrews and hopefully Likely too as those mismatch weapons
And this contributed to our win. In the first half when everything was awful I was like here we go again with Roman. But he made dramatic changes in the second half that sealed that game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And this contributed to our win. In the first half when everything was awful I was like here we go again with Roman. But he made dramatic changes in the second half that sealed that game.

he did make some changes 2nd half with the running game and some of the plays he called

but ironically, statistically we were much more pass-heavy in neutral situations in the 1st half than the 2nd half - think the difference was more that Lamar was more aggressive outside after the early stuttering

a combination of some minor adjustments from them both making a big difference

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
he did make some changes 2nd half with the running game and some of the plays he called

but ironically, statistically we were much more pass-heavy in neutral situations in the 1st half than the 2nd half - think the difference was more that Lamar was more aggressive outside after the early stuttering

a combination of some minor adjustments from them both making a big difference
We'll right. The increase in running comes from us running the clock when we were up. But 2/3 of the big passing plays to combat their defense were a part of the second half adjustment

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

and despite that...

Ahh, thank you…. Now explain this to me like I’m four.

Jk