• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Running Game and The When Will these Injuries ever end?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar was rusty like I expected initially. But he came on strong in the 2nd half.

If we really want Lamar and the offense to shine we have to get the running game going. I hope
Dobbins is ready for Miami but they will stack the line like last year.

Lamar will have to get the passing game going and defeat those miserable prick Dolphins.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Lamar was pretty eh today. Obviously got much better as the game went on. Had some moments of magic with his legs. Had some really nice throws. Had 3 awful throws that I saw, one leading to an interception. Lamar will quickly get better and be in tip top form soon.

Kenyan Drake started slow, but also hit better as the game went on. He's still super new. Mike Davis and Justice Hill are complete garbage. We need JK and Gus desperately.

The OL has shown significantly better pass protection over last year. Absolutely no push in the run game and I fear that really won't get better. So sad that James' career may actually be over.

The WRs were up and down. They struggled like basically the entire the game, but 3 times they just made a play that was better than the guy across from them. I like Robinson, I want to see more of him and Proche, I want to see less Wallace.

The TEs were a tale of two different stories. Likely with an awful game. No catches, a lot of drops, a holding penalty. Andrews didn't have the biggest game but was a real factor and was pretty clutch.

The DL was just Dominant. Adding Travis will be nuts.

Houston was a menace, Oweh was pretty quiet. Getting Ojabo and Bowser back will be huge.

Queen and Harrison had strong days. Honestly didn't notice Bynes too much.

Secondary was pretty great too. I think the most noticeable DB is Marcus Williams. Guy was truly a machine out there. So annoying to lose Fuller in actual garbage time. Fuck you Saleh. The onside kick after that really rubbed me the wrong way.

A whole lot of bad to start that got progressively better over time. Miami will be a tough test next week.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lamar was rusty like I expected initially. But he came on strong in the 2nd half.

If we really want Lamar and the offense to shine we have to get the running game going. I hope
Dobbins is ready for Miami but they will stack the line like last year.

Lamar will have to get the passing game going and defeat those miserable prick Dolphins.
I am more worried about keeping Waddle and Hill in check.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar was pretty eh today. Obviously got much better as the game went on. Had some moments of magic with his legs. Had some really nice throws. Had 3 awful throws that I saw, one leading to an interception. Lamar will quickly get better and be in tip top form soon.

Kenyan Drake started slow, but also hit better as the game went on. He's still super new. Mike Davis and Justice Hill are complete garbage. We need JK and Gus desperately.

The OL has shown significantly better pass protection over last year. Absolutely no push in the run game and I fear that really won't get better. So sad that James' career may actually be over.

The WRs were up and down. They struggled like basically the entire the game, but 3 times they just made a play that was better than the guy across from them. I like Robinson, I want to see more of him and Proche, I want to see less Wallace.

The TEs were a tale of two different stories. Likely with an awful game. No catches, a lot of drops, a holding penalty. Andrews didn't have the biggest game but was a real factor and was pretty clutch.

Houston was a menace, Oweh was pretty quiet. Getting Ojabo and Bowser back will be huge.

Secondary was pretty great too. I think the most noticeable DB is Marcus Williams. Guy was truly a machine out there. So annoying to lose Fuller in actual garbage time. Fuck you Saleh. The onside kick after that really rubbed me the wrong way.

A whole lot of bad to start that got progressively better over time. Miami will be a tough test next week.

I think it was pretty clear that Lamar just needed some time to readjust having not played any game time since december - it's amazing what happens to his comfort level when he starts slinging it... even if they're incomplete - the threat of a vertical element just completely opened up the offence and allowed lamar to settle

With James's season over the running game takes a bit of a hit but Mekari is fine as a pass protector so it's not the end of the world for the team (especially with the running game not dominating anyway) but has already eroded part of our all important tackle depth

Likely had the yips and hopefully we just draw a line under that and he has a short term memory and comes back strong next week

offence was uncomfortable to watch early, and wildly inconsistent - lamar got lazy with his mechanics on some of the short stuff, there were some communication issues and misreads but once they got going they were fine - it's amazing how much better lamar looks when he's got time in the pocket

Simba

Staff Member
Thought the offense started really slow but settled in to a solid performance. Hoping it continues that way as these units start to gel in game.

Defense had a pretty solid performance as well. Took advantage of a weak OL. Run defense and tackling were the biggest issues but that can be cleaned up.

I’ll take it for week 1 with no ramp up as a unit. We’ll see how things go going forward but a solid game that we needed to take care of and we did

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thought the offense started really slow but settled in to a solid performance. Hoping it continues that way as these units start to gel in game.

Defense had a pretty solid performance as well. Took advantage of a weak OL. Run defense and tackling were the biggest issues but that can be cleaned up.

I’ll take it for week 1 with no ramp up as a unit. We’ll see how things go going forward but a solid game that we needed to take care of and we did

was really happy to see how the pass pro held up in the 2nd half

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it was pretty clear that Lamar just needed some time to readjust having not played any game time since december - it's amazing what happens to his comfort level when he starts slinging it... even if they're incomplete - the threat of a vertical element just completely opened up the offence and allowed lamar to settle

With James's season over the running game takes a bit of a hit but Mekari is fine as a pass protector so it's not the end of the world for the team (especially with the running game not dominating anyway) but has already eroded part of our all important tackle depth

Likely had the yips and hopefully we just draw a line under that and he has a short term memory and comes back strong next week

offence was uncomfortable to watch early, and wildly inconsistent - lamar got lazy with his mechanics on some of the short stuff, there were some communication issues and misreads but once they got going they were fine - it's amazing how much better lamar looks when he's got time in the pocket
Can we get a tackle from somebody's practice squad?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

That interception Lamar threw was on Wallace. He stopped mid-way through the route instead of running through. He'd have easily caught that ball. I pin that on Wallace and not Lamar.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah that's a season ending injury. Huge loss for the Steelers defense.
Hate that he had a season ending injury, but I cannot forget he was the reason Stanley ankle blew up after the whistle. In any case, I wish all injured players a speedy recovery.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hate that he had a season ending injury, but I cannot forget he was the reason Stanley ankle blew up after the whistle. In any case, I wish all injured players a speedy recovery.

He’s a dirty player man. I can’t stand his ass. Still, sucks when a key guy goes down. We all know how that feels