• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Running Game and The When Will these Injuries ever end?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I feel like we are handcuffing Lamar as long as Roman remains the OC. It's always the same thing every week with the terrible play calling. Yes, players make mistakes but when Roman has three years worth of film with zero creativity and the same thing over and over with our offense, it's time for Roman to go..... again. This is the same thing we did with you know who back in 2012 and Joe was being handcuffed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I feel like we are handcuffing Lamar as long as Roman remains the OC. It's always the same thing every week with the terrible play calling. Yes, players make mistakes but when Roman has three years worth of film with zero creativity and the same thing over and over with our offense, it's time for Roman to go..... again. This is the same thing we did with you know who back in 2012 and Joe was being handcuffed.

there was literally nothing wrong with the playcalling, especially after they adjusted...

there was one play with 2 players where there was poor spacing and the running game just schematically wasnt working well but the playcalling was fine

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So are Stanley, Peters, and Dobbins actually healthy? Is it a game conditioning thing? It's just confusing on the Dobbins and Peters front because they've been practicing for over a month. Stanley I can better understand

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So are Stanley, Peters, and Dobbins actually healthy? Is it a game conditioning thing? It's just confusing on the Dobbins and Peters front because they've been practicing for over a month. Stanley I can better understand
They've all been doing mostly individual drills. Why risk them in a game like this?

Simba

Staff Member
My opinions/assumptions based on the various reports...

Stanley is still working his way back clearly. Probably still a couple of games away and they want to make sure they get it right with him.

Peters is probably the closest and probably would have played today if the weather was better in all honesty. Would be surprised if he's not out there next week.

Dobbins clearly isn't 100% right now and isn't as far along as they hoped. Think he'll also be out there in the next couple of weeks but will probably be a much more limited/rotational role.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
My opinions/assumptions based on the various reports...

Stanley is still working his way back clearly. Probably still a couple of games away and they want to make sure they get it right with him.

Peters is probably the closest and probably would have played today if the weather was better in all honesty. Would be surprised if he's not out there next week.

Dobbins clearly isn't 100% right now and isn't as far along as they hoped. Think he'll also be out there in the next couple of weeks but will probably be a much more limited/rotational role.
Well Peters will be a great addition. While JK is ramping hopefully Drake can continue to improve. Mekari becomes the LT until Stanley is back

Simba

Staff Member
Just because I know he took some shit in the preseason... I thought Brandon Stephens had a pretty stellar game in coverage today. Had a couple iffy tackling moments and was so close to swatting away the TD, but otherwise was one of the best on the field today in my opinion.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Just because I know he took some shit in the preseason... I thought Brandon Stephens had a pretty stellar game in coverage today. Had a couple iffy tackling moments and was so close to swatting away the TD, but otherwise was one of the best on the field today in my opinion.
Was better than Fuller imo.