• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 2 Discussion (Other Teams)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
interesting now that both TNF and MNF have alternative feeds for their games to try and improve/enhance football coverage beyond the norms that were established back when QBs couldnt pass and ESPN also did the all-22 broadcast for the college football championship this year also...

the normal broadcast angle is great for certain things - but it's primacy is based in tradition and not in utility

it's cool to see these broadcasters start to try new things and with the success of the manningcast and hopefully primevision (as more people are made aware of it) i hope some of this new thinking makes its way to CBS, FOX and NBC

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Seems like Herbert may have some bruised ribs or a fracture, either way his ribs were messed up after he took that hit. If he misses any amount of time, the Chargers season is basically done.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Got my 30 day free trial started just for TNF. I guess $14.99 a month for only 4 months out of the year isn't too bad. Going to be curious the numbers of how many people sign up for Prime Video because of TNF.
Amazon stock is a decent entry point right now, but fuck the Nasdaq and the market right now, it’s just brutal

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
interesting now that both TNF and MNF have alternative feeds for their games to try and improve/enhance football coverage beyond the norms that were established back when QBs couldnt pass and ESPN also did the all-22 broadcast for the college football championship this year also...

the normal broadcast angle is great for certain things - but it's primacy is based in tradition and not in utility

it's cool to see these broadcasters start to try new things and with the success of the manningcast and hopefully primevision (as more people are made aware of it) i hope some of this new thinking makes its way to CBS, FOX and NBC
Is that the dude perfect cast? I kind of feel the manning thing is getting old but it could just be me

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
zig when they zag baby!!!

in all seriousness though, i think that's going to be a byproduct of this nfl-wide move to cover-2 split safety "don't let them behind you" kind of defences that almost all teams are employing now against the elite QBs

the jets played a lot of cover 1 and cover 3 against us on sunday and had 8 guys in the box - lamar started hitting them deep and outside and they had to respect it and suddenly our running game started working

ultimately the running game is a numbers game
The reality is that we might be expecting too much just from the return of Dobbins and Stanley.

It's a very different game when you have what we had in 2019 to block the shit out of everybody - zero players from that O line playing at the moment, confident and strong Boyle missing, project Pat cannot be recognized.

I am definitely worried and think we might be in trouble. Dobbins and Stanley should improve this picture but how long until they start resembling their old selves?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm really curious as to what the percentage if the current drive results in a TD when Mahomes get an INT dropped or canceled out because of a penalty. I'm sure the percentage is high.
If mahomes gives you a turnover and you don’t accept this gift, he will score on you almost immediately. It’s like he’s fucking with you.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The reality is that we might be expecting too much just from the return of Dobbins and Stanley.

It's a very different game when you have what we had in 2019 to block the shit out of everybody - zero players from that O line playing at the moment, confident and strong Boyle missing, project Pat cannot be recognized.

I am definitely worried and think we might be in trouble. Dobbins and Stanley should improve this picture but how long until they start resembling their old selves?

it doesnt need to be the 2019 running game to be effective though - just needs to be better than the 2021 running game to help us achieve balance and punish teams who empty the box

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Prime had a simulcast of the TNF game with the Dude Perfect crew. Basically same as ManningCast, except people you've probably never heard of.

I flipped to it for a bit. It’s just them doing trick shots while the game is going on.

oh ok - that wasnt the thing i was referring to with Prime shaking up the broadcast
i was talking about primevision which had live player tags, route-tracking and a bunch of the time it was using all-22 angles instead of the normal broadcast - and then on top of that had real-time live adjusted next gen stats if you wanted them like QB time-to-release