• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Then they build around him like Kobe when they moved Shaq. Right now the pieces are all wrong and overpriced, they need to move Kanter and Oladipo for some 3D pieces and move to small ball. Dipo is a good player but with WB its a poorly balanced backfield

Speaking of Kanter, I understand he's a defensive liability, but I think his offense could've been more used in the playoff series against HOU.

Speaking of Kanter, I understand he's a defensive liability, but I think his offense could've been more used in the playoff series against HOU.

Thunder don't have the system to mask his weaknesses, maybe he'd be good with the Spurs or a team that needs some points in the paint but right now he's getting starter money but is unplayable with Adams. Also his back to the basket game is a dying one, he's a dying unwanted breed like Jahlil Okafor.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Thunder don't have the system to mask his weaknesses, maybe he'd be good with the Spurs or a team that needs some points in the paint but right now he's getting starter money but is unplayable with Adams. Also his back to the basket game is a dying one, he's a dying unwanted breed like Jahlil Okafor.
Well. You just got Paul George at the cost of Oladipo and Sabonis

Well. You just got Paul George at the cost of Oladipo and Sabonis

I think Dipo can thrive at point or next to a spot up shooter, hell be better than Reggie Jackson. Sabonis has some potential too. Thunder still got the best player even if its a rental. Bring in JJ Reddick and were set for a deep run

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think Dipo can thrive at point or next to a spot up shooter, hell be better than Reggie Jackson. Sabonis has some potential too. Thunder still got the best player even if its a rental. Bring in JJ Reddick and were set for a deep run

Uhhhhhhh.............yeah you can scratch that.

Uhhhhhhh.............yeah you can scratch that.

That contract is ridiculous but it probably puts them into serious contention. It looks like we're pursuing Rudy Gay. I was hoping we'd pick up Langston Galloway, he's pretty good I think he can be a starter for the 6ers. Right now Im hoping we bring in CJ Miles he would slot in perfectly, I think we can move on from Roberson and Gibson

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The back to the basket game is a dying breed until an excellent post player joins this league. Oden had this potential, pity that his body just could not hold.

The back to the basket game is a dying breed until an excellent post player joins this league. Oden had this potential, pity that his body just could not hold.

Theres still a lot of those players around, it just seems like none of them can play defense except maybe Boogie

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Theres still a lot of those players around, it just seems like none of them can play defense except maybe Boogie

i am only 26, but I learned what a post game should look like from Charles Barkley, Shaq, Duncan, McHale, and Hakeem.

None of these guys understand proper placement in the post

Boogie tends to drift to the perimeter but he can def play inside and hurt a team that wants to play small and fast

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It was a year ago today that Kevin Durant decided to single-handedly fuck the NBA in the ass and made us all learn to love the offseason more than the regular season.
i am only 26, but I learned what a post game should look like from Charles Barkley, Shaq, Duncan, McHale, and Hakeem.

None of these guys understand proper placement in the post

Boogie tends to drift to the perimeter but he can def play inside and hurt a team that wants to play small and fast
Boogie, Embiid, and KAT are all going to cause trouble for the death ball lineup teams that want to go small. All three of them are good enough to defend multiple positions, have good range, and are capable of being very good defenders. Embiid has one of the better post games in recent memory, probably the best in the NBA currently. Sadly, it's a dying breed in favor of three point shooting.

I'm just hoping that this new look Timberwolves lineup(Teague-Butler-Wiggins-Gibson-Towns) can give the Warriors some trouble. But they need a few more bench pieces other than Dieng at this point to make it work. I'd resign Shabazz and try to find a bargin three point shooter.

Im not sure if that lineup puts the Wolves over the hump yet, Ive never been high on Wiggins.

Also what are everyones thoughts on Gordon Hayward to the Celtics?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It was a year ago today that Kevin Durant decided to single-handedly fuck the NBA in the ass and made us all learn to love the offseason more than the regular season.

Boogie, Embiid, and KAT are all going to cause trouble for the death ball lineup teams that want to go small. All three of them are good enough to defend multiple positions, have good range, and are capable of being very good defenders. Embiid has one of the better post games in recent memory, probably the best in the NBA currently. Sadly, it's a dying breed in favor of three point shooting.

I'm just hoping that this new look Timberwolves lineup(Teague-Butler-Wiggins-Gibson-Towns) can give the Warriors some trouble. But they need a few more bench pieces other than Dieng at this point to make it work. I'd resign Shabazz and try to find a bargin three point shooter.

They need some good shooters to really give the Warriors problems.

Im not sure if that lineup puts the Wolves over the hump yet, Ive never been high on Wiggins.

Also what are everyones thoughts on Gordon Hayward to the Celtics?

I mean it's cool that he went to the East, but does this mean BOS can compete with the Cavs? Not necessarily.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Of all the players the Celtics were considering trading, I figured Avery Bradley would've been among the least dispensable. They are getting Marcus Morris back, but I'm not a fan of the move. Not the best way to clear $3.8 million in cap space.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
LOL. These teams think they can compete with the OP Warriors. that's cute.

At least the offseason has been entertaining. Enjoy the next five years of Warriors curbstomping everyone while your ratings get skull-fucked NBA

JO_75

Hall of Famer
LOL. These teams think they can compete with the OP Warriors. that's cute.

At least the offseason has been entertaining. Enjoy the next five years of Warriors curbstomping everyone while your ratings get skull-fucked NBA

The lottery is what I believe is killing them mostly. I don't think anything will change the FA thinking of players who want to form "Super Teams" in order to win but at least going the NFL route and ordering the draft by record worst to NBA Finals Champion. In which the Suns would have got the first pick due to having the worst record in the league. Giving the bad teams the best chance at the best prospects would be one way to start balancing the competition.

The lottery is what I believe is killing them mostly. I don't think anything will change the FA thinking of players who want to form "Super Teams" in order to win but at least going the NFL route and ordering the draft by record worst to NBA Finals Champion. In which the Suns would have got the first pick due to having the worst record in the league. Giving the bad teams the best chance at the best prospects would be one way to start balancing the competition.

The NBA draft is so sparse and top heavy that teams tank to get near the top spot, the lottery is supposed to discourage that. Teams these days either want to be a playoff bound superteam or rebuilding, nobody wants to be stuck at .500. The ones that stop improving will usually blow it up and start again, like the Pacers.

Then theres the small ball problem, everyone is building towards defending it. Shooting guards under 6'6" and slow, post up bigs are out, perimeter defending combo wings are in, the two and 4 are close to extinction and soon all we'll have left are ball handlers, wings and bigs like the Thunder.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I REALLY hate that LaVar Ball has such talented sons because his ego is way bigger than it ever should be and he gets way more attention than he ever should because he has children who accomplished what he couldn't and became good basketball players.

LaMelo was playing an AAU game and LaVar was called for a T after arguing with the refs. He then proceeds to pull his entire team off the court and forfeit when he was winning... because HE got called for a foul. He took off all of his players in a playoff format because he got a foul.

He's a perfect example of what's wrong with the world.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Kyrie Irving is a fool and so are the Celtics. Sure, Irving is now the number one guy like he wants, but the Celtics traded IT(who's not that much of a downgrade, a slight one), along with Jae Crowder(one of the better defensive wings in the league) who will be a big help against the Warriors, some other bench warmer, and the potential #1 overall pick in the next draft, which at worst is going to be a lottery team. Trading Thomas and Crowder would be a fleece for the Cavs, but adding in a lottery pick? Wow.
Kyrie, prepare to be curbstomped by the basketball god known as Lebron James. You're an idiot.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Kyrie Irving is a fool and so are the Celtics. Sure, Irving is now the number one guy like he wants, but the Celtics traded IT(who's not that much of a downgrade, a slight one), along with Jae Crowder(one of the better defensive wings in the league) who will be a big help against the Warriors, some other bench warmer, and the potential #1 overall pick in the next draft, which at worst is going to be a lottery team. Trading Thomas and Crowder would be a fleece for the Cavs, but adding in a lottery pick? Wow.
Kyrie, prepare to be curbstomped by the basketball god known as Lebron James. You're an idiot.

While Irving isn't a good defender, IT is basically WORSE in that regard. It may look like a fleece, but if HeGone James leaves again (which I totally think he will), the Cavs can also say goodbye to IT as well since he was hellbent on getting a max next season. I don't see how CLE can offer him a max.