• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If James Harden beats Westbrook out for MVP the league has failed.

Oh. And screw you KD

I just don't see how someone who, despite all of the triple-doubles, manages to get his team only a 6th seed could get MVP. That being said, I couldn't give it to Harden based on his disappearing acts in his last two games. By virtue of default, I'd give it to Kawhi. While Pop is an AMAZING coach, this team isn't that talented.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I just don't see how someone who, despite all of the triple-doubles, manages to get his team only a 6th seed could get MVP. That being said, I couldn't give it to Harden based on his disappearing acts in his last two games. By virtue of default, I'd give it to Kawhi. While Pop is an AMAZING coach, this team isn't that talented.
I like Leonard so I'd be okay with that. To be fair, with a Westbrook he honestly doesnt have much help. He ain't going to supersede the Lorriors.

For god's sake. If Harden wins it I'm going to explode. Most overrated star EVER

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Definitely Westbrook. Wouldn't be mad if it were Leonard. Both serve as a very very valuable piece on their respective team.

In other news, these conference finals are completely one sided.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I think the one thing really working in Westbrook's favor is the insane +/- differential when he's on and off the court.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I like Leonard so I'd be okay with that. To be fair, with a Westbrook he honestly doesnt have much help. He ain't going to supersede the Lorriors.

For god's sake. If Harden wins it I'm going to explode. Most overrated star EVER

First and foremost, I forgot to reply the second part of your previous post so with that said, SCREW KD for ruining my interest.

I refuse to believe that Harden wins after his choke-job. I used to like Harden when he played for OKC, but ever since he went to HOU, he changed his game for the worst.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
How is Lebron not the MVP. Im not even a Lebron fan, but to think anyone else deserves it is just asinine, asiten, asieleven. Lebron shoots 54%. I picked the Cavs to win it all before the KD move, still stand by that without question.

-Westbrook is over-rated. Shoots 42% as a point guard, I could care less about the triple double. Broke the record for most Turnovers in a season which was held by......you guessed it, James Harden. Westbrook is a beast, fun to watch, motor is always redline, monster dunks, insane athlete.
-Harden is over-rated. Shoots 44% as a shooting guard. Harden breaks the record for Turnovers again. Plays little to no defense, he did get better this year, but come on.
-Leonard is a good player but he isnt even in the conversation with the two above. The point differential for the Spurs when he isnt on the floor.....2pts. At least he shoots 48% and doesnt turn the ball over.
Harden and Westbrook broke all time records for turnovers that stood for 40 years.

I guess you could argue more-so about the word Valuable in MVP.

Man, i wish i would of been more apart of this thread on BR.com
Basketball is my first love.

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm old-school. Back in the day; Jordan would have never joined forces with Magic, Bird or Isaiah Thomas (Pistons). And neither would the rest of them do that! They all wanted to beat each other down! Reggie Miller would have never left the Pacers to join Patrick Ewing and the New York Knicks! But this Durant cat, who was on the verge of beating the Warriors as a member of the Thunder with Westbrook leaves them and joins forces with the enemy? C'mon son! Smh!

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I'm old-school. Back in the day; Jordan would have never joined forces with Magic, Bird or Isaiah Thomas (Pistons). And neither would the rest of them do that! They all wanted to beat each other down! Reggie Miller would have never left the Pacers to join Patrick Ewing and the New York Knicks! But this Durant cat, who was on the verge of beating the Warriors as a member of the Thunder with Westbrook leaves them and joins forces with the enemy? C'mon son! Smh!
this is what i hate. Im a realist. Lebron is a better basketball player than MJ in every single aspect other than one area: the killer instinct The whole clutch gene missing with lebron, not true.

People over fantasize the MJ comparison. He has had terrible games in the finals. Gary Payton, Starks, Kevin Johnson all gave him massive issues. But to some of this, its our childhood and why we love this sport, MJ did that for us....you cant beat him. But sadly, he will own every record, he will beat MJ in every stat. RIngs is the only chance but even then, they eye test. And to finish it off, I have a MJ tattoo, you wont find a bigger fan. But im a realist, which in sports is very very hard to find apparently

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
How is Lebron not the MVP. Im not even a Lebron fan, but to think anyone else deserves it is just asinine, asiten, asieleven. Lebron shoots 54%. I picked the Cavs to win it all before the KD move, still stand by that without question.

-Westbrook is over-rated. Shoots 42% as a point guard, I could care less about the triple double. Broke the record for most Turnovers in a season which was held by......you guessed it, James Harden. Westbrook is a beast, fun to watch, motor is always redline, monster dunks, insane athlete.
-Harden is over-rated. Shoots 44% as a shooting guard. Harden breaks the record for Turnovers again. Plays little to no defense, he did get better this year, but come on.
-Leonard is a good player but he isnt even in the conversation with the two above. The point differential for the Spurs when he isnt on the floor.....2pts. At least he shoots 48% and doesnt turn the ball over.
Harden and Westbrook broke all time records for turnovers that stood for 40 years.

I guess you could argue more-so about the word Valuable in MVP.

Man, i wish i would of been more apart of this thread on BR.com
Basketball is my first love.
Lebron, although easily the best player in the world and a top 10 player of all time, did not put the pedal to the metal during the regular season which is what the award is about. He's been conserving his energy for the postseason, and given that he's getting older that's understanable. If he really wanted to, he could have averaged a triple double this season with relative ease and had run away with the MVP. But he doesn't give a damn about that anymore.. He wants rings.

If the playoffs were to be factored in. Leonard would have won it in a landslide. When he was in the game, Spurs were winning, probably take the series to seven. When Leonard got hurt, sweep.

Westbrook would be in second by virtue of having a shitty basketball team around him and having to do everything. Westbrook in the game, Thunder have a 12 point leave. Westbrook leaves the game, and literally 30 seconds later the Thunder lose the lead. I know you don't care about the triple double, but he needed to average that for the Thunder to be relevant. He should win the MVP. Without him the Thunder are a lottery team.

Harden. Most overrated player in the NBA and it's not even close. Damn the statistics. He never shows up for big games, a lot of his game is predicated on fouls, and the goddamn Kobe/Jordan comparisons make me want to vomit. Kobe and Jordan in their primes would kick Harden's ass up and down the curb, pick up his corpse, and do it again. No defense, master choke artist, just straight up plays the game the wrong way. Say what you will about Lebron, Westbrook. They may be intense, and whine a lot. But ultimately, that's their demeanor. Westbrook is going 100% all the time. He never gives up. It comes back to bite him in the ass(Westbrook= hero ball king), but he's deservedly a top 5 player in the NBA today. Lebron is the same way. He calls for a lot of fouls, but he's not dirty, and makes everyone around him better. Sorry. I'd take Kyrie Irving over Harden every day of the week.
[doublepost=1495616141,1495615192][/doublepost]But honestly. We, as fans, need the Cavs to win it all. KD completely ruined not only his legacy, but made the league even less fair than it was before.

What if Jordan had left the bulls to join the showtime lakers? Yeah. Having the greatest passer of all time along with the greatest scorer in NBA history and arguably the greatest player ever on the same team. They would have won every damn championship that decade. That's a load of horseshit.

"But Lebron did something similar". No he didn't. Lebron left a team that had little to no talent on it and formed a super team in Miami, which a few seasons before was a lottery team. Lebron leaving made a ton of sense. People hate him(myself included) for the way he went about it(I mean a television special? How big is your ego?). The KD thing was FAR worse.

And yes, KD actually ruined his legacy. He wins a ring. Guess what, Steph and co. Have done it before. And Steph has been the better player during the postseason thus far. If the Warriors win the finals, everyone will point to the fact that he literally joined a team that set the wins record last year. But if they lose? His legacy is even more screwed. I mean. Going to form the team with arguably the greatest starting lineup in the history of the NBA, with TWO MVPs in the starting lineup? LOL. Them losing would be hilarious and hopefully go a long way in discouraging super teams.

The Warriors SHOULD win the finals series. But I don't think they will.

The Cavs happen to have an unguardable juggernaut named Lebron James. I mean, I hate his guts, but he's the best player in the world and the guy in second place(KD himself) is CLEARLY below him. Absolutely nobody can stop that man. "But Lost what about the finals two years ago. They did a good job of containing him". Bullshit. Kevin Love and Kyrie were both injured that series and Lebron James balled out and made the series interesting. I've never seen an NBA finals series where I thought that the MVP should go to the guy on the losing team(And let's be real. Lebron should have won the MVP for that series).

Oh, and his sidekicks? Kyrie Irving just had a game where he tapped into the Black Mamba. I'm convinced that he's easily the most clutch player in the league right now, and he's absolutely unguardable because of his handles and elite range. Last night more or less solidified his status as a top 10 player in the world and he's easily better than Klay(who can't handle him), and Draymond.

Draymond green is a hell of a player.. But he's the only big the Warriors got. He has to contend with Kevin Love, a stud on the glass, and Tristian Tomphson, a pest on the glass. The Cavs are going to outrebound the warriors.

Warriors have better shooting. But the Cavs can keep up with them. Kyle Korver is on Steph Curry's level as a shooter. Just straight up. If he's wide open, it's more likely than not to go in. He's also a damn good team player. JR Smith, even though he is the least fundamentally sound player in the NBA, has a good jumpshot. You cannot leave him wide open. Kevin Love is a well above average three point shooter. Kyrie himself is an elite three point shooter.

But what puts the cavs over the top is their depth. Sure, Warriors have Iggy and Livingston. But the Cavs have more. Frye, Korver, Shumpert, Deron Williams.

The Cavs are deeper. The Warriors have the better starting lineup, but it's not much better.

Curry vs. Irving- Curry's better. But he can't exactly defend Irving. So they'll have to put Tomphson on him. And we all know Klay has a tougher time with him.

Tomphson vs. JR Smith- LOL. Tomphson is far and away superior in every facet.

Lebron James vs. KD- Lebron James routinely makes KD his bitch when they play each other.

Draymond Green vs. Kevin Love- Love is a better scorer, shooter, and rebounder. Green is a better passer, and defender. This is more of a draw, but Green has his hands full with Love.

Zaza vs. Tomphson- LOL. Landslide for Tristian.

They're evenly matched.

I can't believe I'm saying this. But go Cavs. I'd be cheering for the Warriors if there was no KD

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is what i hate. Im a realist. Lebron is a better basketball player than MJ in every single aspect other than one area: the killer instinct The whole clutch gene missing with lebron, not true.

People over fantasize the MJ comparison. He has had terrible games in the finals. Gary Payton, Starks, Kevin Johnson all gave him massive issues. But to some of this, its our childhood and why we love this sport, MJ did that for us....you cant beat him. But sadly, he will own every record, he will beat MJ in every stat. RIngs is the only chance but even then, they eye test. And to finish it off, I have a MJ tattoo, you wont find a bigger fan. But im a realist, which in sports is very very hard to find apparently

Umm...where in the hell did you see me mention Lebron in comparison to MJ in my post @usmccharles? Rant much? Wow! :unsure::D
[doublepost=1495656223,1495654509][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1495616141,1495615192][/doublepost]But honestly. We, as fans, need the Cavs to win it all. KD completely ruined not only his legacy, but made the league even less fair than it was before.

What if Jordan had left the bulls to join the showtime lakers? Yeah. Having the greatest passer of all time along with the greatest scorer in NBA history and arguably the greatest player ever on the same team. They would have won every damn championship that decade. That's a load of horseshit.

"But Lebron did something similar". No he didn't. Lebron left a team that had little to no talent on it and formed a super team in Miami, which a few seasons before was a lottery team. Lebron leaving made a ton of sense. People hate him(myself included) for the way he went about it(I mean a television special? How big is your ego?). The KD thing was FAR worse.

And yes, KD actually ruined his legacy. He wins a ring. Guess what, Steph and co. Have done it before. And Steph has been the better player during the postseason thus far. If the Warriors win the finals, everyone will point to the fact that he literally joined a team that set the wins record last year. But if they lose? His legacy is even more screwed. I mean. Going to form the team with arguably the greatest starting lineup in the history of the NBA, with TWO MVPs in the starting lineup? LOL. Them losing would be hilarious and hopefully go a long way in discouraging super teams.

The Warriors SHOULD win the finals series. But I don't think they will.

The Cavs happen to have an unguardable juggernaut named Lebron James.
I can't believe I'm saying this. But go Cavs. I'd be cheering for the Warriors if there was no KD

I feel the same way LT.

I stated something similar to this in an earlier post. The cats from my era and generation like MJ, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, Isiah Thomas just to name a small few; would have NEVER joined forces with one another to win a Championship. Sure, times are different now with free agency but back then; they all wanted to annihilate one another. They saw beating one another as the "stepping stone" to their own legacy and greatness. I agree; Lebron's move was different! KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen joined forces on the back ends of their careers. But, when Durant....a young buck in the prime of his career....jumped ship from OKC to go "join" his nemesis....the Warriors....I was like what the hell?

Last edited:

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Draymond Green is better than Kevin Love. Right now, as it stands, Draymond.

KD wants to win a ring. I hate comparisons so don't even throw them my way. Idc if the almighty Jordan didn't leave the bulls to chase rings. KD, on a team with Westbrook, were always gonna be that team that couldn't get over the hump. They've had excellent teams and couldn't ever get it done. Why would he keep wasting away there? The Warriors just happened to be the team right next to them with quite possibly a team already built to win another championship. KD paid his dues with OKC and if Russell wants to keep being outed Every year in the playoffs for the rest of his career, that's on him.

Also, LeBron > Jordan. If not now, he will be at the end of his career.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

KD wants to win a ring. I hate comparisons so don't even throw them my way. Idc if the almighty Jordan didn't leave the bulls to chase rings. KD, on a team with Westbrook, were always gonna be that team that couldn't get over the hump. They've had excellent teams and couldn't ever get it done. Why would he keep wasting away there? The Warriors just happened to be the team right next to them with quite possibly a team already built to win another championship. KD paid his dues with OKC and if Russell wants to keep being outed Every year in the playoffs for the rest of his career, that's on him.

We never said the KD move was stupid. Of course it was smart.

But it ruined the parity in the NBA. Say what you will about Westbrook, but KD didn't show up in game 7 last year either. He literally acted upon the phrase "If you can't beat em, join em" and basically went unopposed in the west. Now people are going to have to build super teams to compete with them, and let's be honest. We can only have a finite amount of those. They're starting one in New Orleans, and there's on in Cleveland.

And don't give me the "Thunder couldn't get over the hump" crap. That series last year until game 7 proved that the thunder and the Warriors were evenly matched. The thunder made a good trade to go get Oladipo, who would have been a great tertiary piece, and would have helped equalized them with the Warriors. Last years Warriors team was beatable. Everyone knew it despite their regular season record. With the correct additions had KD not left, there is a strong possibility that the Thunder or the Spurs would have posed a significant challenge to the Warriors and had beaten them.

But now, thanks to durant. The west has become like the east. For the next 5+ years, the Warriors are basically going to trash the West unopposed and there is no one who can stop them.

Even if he wins championships, his legacy will now be that he took the easy way out. If he loses, all the more hilarious.

Seriously. Screw Durant. I hope he never wins a title. But he'll likely win 5

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

This is why I absolutely love convos like these because we all see things so differently. And I agree that Jordan is "Almighty." :D

To me, KD is weak, no killer instinct and wants to just let Curry, Green and Thompson to do all of the work and take all of the pressure off of himself while he coasts to a Championship. Westbrook clearly showed that he was the "Alpha Male" on OKC all along with his incredible performance without KD this past season. Had KD stayed in OKC all they needed was to perhaps add a few key pieces and they'd seriously compete with the Warriors. Even if KD went back home to D.C. to play for the Wizards (ala Lebron going home to play for the Cavs) I could have gotten with that move but this b.s. that he pulled by joining the Warriors? Smh! So, I say...

GO CLEVELAND!

Last edited:

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
We never said the KD move was stupid. Of course it was smart.

But it ruined the parity in the NBA. Say what you will about Westbrook, but KD didn't show up in game 7 last year either. He literally acted upon the phrase "If you can't beat em, join em" and basically went unopposed in the west. Now people are going to have to build super teams to compete with them, and let's be honest. We can only have a finite amount of those. They're starting one in New Orleans, and there's on in Cleveland.

And don't give me the "Thunder couldn't get over the hump" crap. That series last year until game 7 proved that the thunder and the Warriors were evenly matched. The thunder made a good trade to go get Oladipo, who would have been a great tertiary piece, and would have helped equalized them with the Warriors. Last years Warriors team was beatable. Everyone knew it despite their regular season record. With the correct additions had KD not left, there is a strong possibility that the Thunder or the Spurs would have posed a significant challenge to the Warriors and had beaten them.

But now, thanks to durant. The west has become like the east. For the next 5+ years, the Warriors are basically going to trash the West unopposed and there is no one who can stop them.

Even if he wins championships, his legacy will now be that he took the easy way out. If he loses, all the more hilarious.

Seriously. Screw Durant. I hope he never wins a title. But he'll likely win 5

Opinions are opinions and I respect that. KD has probably turned into one of those people your either love or hate.

And I agree 100% that OKC with Durant had the pieces, but how many times before have they had the pieces? The one I recall most is Harden, Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Perk, Collison. I mean they had a pretty solid roster then, with depth, but still couldn't find a way. Lost 1-4 to that star squad in south beach.

I think he wanted to win right now so yeah he joined the best team out there who already had a championship team. And he's holding up his end of the deal each game. But it is a mismatch and you have seen that through the playoff series. I don't really care for these super teams myself, but it's something we'll have to deal with as fans.

No worries though, the Sixers taking home the championship next year. :lol:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Opinions are opinions and I respect that. KD has probably turned into one of those people your either love or hate.

And I agree 100% that OKC with Durant had the pieces, but how many times before have they had the pieces? The one I recall most is Harden, Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Perk, Collison. I mean they had a pretty solid roster then, with depth, but still couldn't find a way. Lost 1-4 to that star squad in south beach.

I think he wanted to win right now so yeah he joined the best team out there who already had a championship team. And he's holding up his end of the deal each game. But it is a mismatch and you have seen that through the playoff series. I don't really care for these super teams myself, but it's something we'll have to deal with as fans.

No worries though, the Sixers taking home the championship next year. :lol:

LOL!! :D:D

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Umm...where in the hell did you see me mention Lebron in comparison to MJ in my post @usmccharles? Rant much? Wow! :unsure::D
[doublepost=1495656223,1495654509][/doublepost]
Sorry man, didnt mean to sound like i was ranting at you, i know you were talking about KD, so i wasnt directing it at you. But i was eluding to the fact of how we always compare everything to MJ, which is understandable, he is the benchmark of greatness. But its like sometimes people forget details about MJ that would make him far less desirable. Example: When Kobe and Michael would have a bad shooting night, they would just keep shooting, all game, end up 5-19 or something, which both did. Look at the stats of MJ vs Gary Payton, they didnt call him the Glove for nothing. But LeBron has an off shooting night, realizes it and decides hes just going to distribute and get his guys involved, he has done that over his career and we kill him for it. *I cant defend him going scoreless in the last 16minutes though lol*

Damn man, that was a long as hell post, give me some time to read over it and ill get back to ya lol. Sidenote, how the hell you guys mention other members in a post? Its not just the @ sign is it?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Let me say this about the inevitable Cavs vs. Warriors Finals series.

First, it's not that many people had a problem with KD leaving OKC; it was him GOING TO GSW who OKC lost to after being up 3-1 and had the potential to win it in 6 if not for a biblical chokejob. If KD went to BOS or WSH, I would've been excited because this would've given Lebron some much needed competition. Could you imagine how much of a boost of a legacy that would be for KD if he were to beat Lebron in the ECF and the Warriors in the Finals. Goodness.

Pertaining to the series, while CLE has a myriad of shooters, GSW has defense. Barring screens, I don't see how guys like Frye and Korver get shots off against the Warriors like they've done against the inferiority conference. But for me, ALL EYES ON KD. Boy if he stinks up the joint, he would be grilled like no other and lord help him if they lose this series because KD had a shitty series.

Now who do I want to win? I don't care. I can't stand EITHER of their fanbases. I was in San Fran for an entire week BEFORE the Warriors' game 1 against my poor Blazers. Damn every other person I came across was wearing Warriors gear. I also find it disrespectful to put Curry up there with the all-time greats THIS EARLY in his career. Was anyone calling him an all-time great in 2012? 2013? How about 2014? Nope? Didn't think so. As for the Cavs, they don't deserve Lebron and neither does Gilbert after that disgusting yet hilarious letter he wrote. Salty much, bruh?

All in all, I'm really looking forward for this series....................................to end already. I prefer either a sweep or a team winning in 7 after being down 3-0. Either way, it'd be hilarious regardless of team.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If the Warriors do win. I hope Steph is the runaway MVP and KD does NOTHING. KD still wins his precious ring, but has little to do with it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If the Warriors do win. I hope Steph is the runaway MVP and KD does NOTHING. KD still wins his precious ring, but has little to do with it.

I'm now convinced that KD doesn't care about the legacy. He just wants that ring even if it meant they sweep CLE and KD averages 15 PPG on 30% shooting.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry man, didnt mean to sound like i was ranting at you, i know you were talking about KD, so i wasnt directing it at you. But i was eluding to the fact of how we always compare everything to MJ, which is understandable, he is the benchmark of greatness. But its like sometimes people forget details about MJ that would make him far less desirable. Example: When Kobe and Michael would have a bad shooting night, they would just keep shooting, all game, end up 5-19 or something, which both did. Look at the stats of MJ vs Gary Payton, they didnt call him the Glove for nothing. But LeBron has an off shooting night, realizes it and decides hes just going to distribute and get his guys involved, he has done that over his career and we kill him for it. *I cant defend him going scoreless in the last 16minutes though lol*

Damn man, that was a long as hell post, give me some time to read over it and ill get back to ya lol. Sidenote, how the hell you guys mention other members in a post? Its not just the @ sign is it?

No problem @usmccharles. We're kool bro...you know that! :cool: And yes, it is just the @ sign in front of the username.