• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Highly doubt he goes there if Thunder win a chip or GS wins. Who knows though. My point is, the goal has shifted to either players want to win rings or make money. Very rare players will tough it out with the team that drafted them. Also, these same franchises have no loyalty so why should the players. People tend to forget Kobe threatened to leave if the FO didn't get him help. I love watching the Warriors play and I guarantee there's times during games where even the opposition is amazed by the style of ball they play. Watching this then having to watch my Knicks is like going from lobster tail and filet mignon to waffle house.

Good point with Kobe. Basically that's what made LeBron leave too because the Cavs were a lottery team if not for him and it showed when he left.

Yikes, I didn't know you were a Knicks fan. You think Melo should be traded? Should Phil Jackson be gone? How do you feel about your Knicks going forward?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Good point with Kobe. Basically that's what made LeBron leave too because the Cavs were a lottery team if not for him and it showed when he left.

Yikes, I didn't know you were a Knicks fan. You think Melo should be traded? Should Phil Jackson be gone? How do you feel about your Knicks going forward?

I often feel drunk during the NBA season... I want both gone. My fear is no changes are made with either and by the time Phil assembles his group of misfits he's going to be fired shortly after and the team will be blown up... AGAIN. The roster is a mess, but the truth is none of these teams will be real competition for the Cavs for at least another 3-4 years. Perfect explanation for how I feel is <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This is our generations Showtime Lakers.
No it's not. The Showtime Lakers faced adversity. This Warriors team has no competition.

Seriously. Thus far it's looking like a sweep. If a sweep happens I am straight up boycotting the NBA. There's gonna be no point.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Fuck you Kevin Durant.

Until they fix this super team problem, I'm boycotting the NBA next season. There's no point. The next FIVE YEARS are going to be "warriors stomp" because they went to add a top 3 player in the world with a team that was already loaded.

And don't give me this "KD is the greatest of all time now" garbage a few warriors fans I know have said. His legacy is screwed more than my ex-girlfriend after hitting up a nightclub. He will ALWAYS be remembered as the guy who joined up with his enemy because he couldn't beat them.

"But there were super teams in the 80s, and 90s."

No. There weren't. There were big threes, but every time the Lakers and Celtics went to the postseason, they face a significant amount of adversity to get their. They earned their championships, and the Lakers and Celtics didn't always win(sure, they didn't beat each other. But many seem to forget that the 76ers won a championship in the 80s.. They swept showtime, the Rockets straight up beat out the Lakers, the Bad Boy pistons made it difficult for the Celtics, as did Jordan's Bulls, the 76ers made things interesting as well). There wasn't a squad that straight up CURBSTOMPED teams to get to the finals. It wasn't always a guarantee. Same thing with the 90s. The Rockets, Spurs, Bulls, and Magic while Shaq was there made things interesting.

The NBA's ratings are screwed, and are going to be at an all time low. Nobody is going to care anymore since the Warriors are unstoppable.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The ratings for the Finals have actually been pretty high. It is what it is. And there were super teams. Bill Russell has 11 rings. Showtime would have more rings if it wasn't for injury and the HIV. Shaq Kobe would've dominated for more years if not for ego. Michael might have 8 straight if not for(I'm a conspiracy theorist) being suspended for gambling and playing baseball in the meantime. You and others can scream coward, but when it's all said done down the line, no one will care about him joining an already great team. If more teams drafted and developed better, KD would have more options. Let's also not forget how the Cavs ran thru the east.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The ratings for the Finals have actually been pretty high. It is what it is. And there were super teams. Bill Russell has 11 rings. Showtime would have more rings if it wasn't for injury and the HIV. Shaq Kobe would've dominated for more years if not for ego. Michael might have 8 straight if not for(I'm a conspiracy theorist) being suspended for gambling and playing baseball in the meantime. You and others can scream coward, but when it's all said done down the line, no one will care about him joining an already great team. If more teams drafted and developed better, KD would have more options. Let's also not forget how the Cavs ran thru the east.

Oh I don't think anyone who watches the NBA will forget how trash the east is.

But I do agree about your previous statement about teams needing to draft and develop better. My question is: who in this draft will become household names because of their talent on the NBA court? The only reason why I know of Lonzo Ball is his entertaining dad ("UNDEFEATED....NEVER LOST").

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Oh I don't think anyone who watches the NBA will forget how trash the east is.

But I do agree about your previous statement about teams needing to draft and develop better. My question is: who in this draft will become household names because of their talent on the NBA court? The only reason why I know of Lonzo Ball is his entertaining dad ("UNDEFEATED....NEVER LOST").
To be fair, Lonzo was a really good player at UCLA.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
People don't care anymore that Shaq left an NBA finalist to join the Lakers. I agree that in the bigger picture, this whole thing isn't as unique as people are making it out to be. Which is kinda depressing for the small market teams (I don't envy Minnesota's upcoming job of having to keep Towns, Wiggins and Dunn together) but I guess it is what it is and it does what it does.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
To be fair... The Warriors drafted basically all theie talent and Durant was added, different than the big 3 in Miami

Also, one thing to think about: what combination of players could be the warriors?

Lebron, Kwai, Chris Paul?

LeBron , George, butler?

Lebron, kyrie,?

Scoring isn't the issue as much as finding a way to stop them from Scoring.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
To be fair... The Warriors drafted basically all theie talent and Durant was added, different than the big 3 in Miami

Also, one thing to think about: what combination of players could be the warriors?

Lebron, Kwai, Chris Paul?

LeBron , George, butler?

Lebron, kyrie,?

Scoring isn't the issue as much as finding a way to stop them from Scoring.
For me, I've always wanted to see LeBron with a true facilitator in Paul. Add in Leonard and he'd have the NBA's best defender, too. That'd be dirty.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
For me, I've always wanted to see LeBron with a true facilitator in Paul. Add in Leonard and he'd have the NBA's best defender, too. That'd be dirty.
It would definitely take a lot of the weight off of lebron not always having to be the one to have the ball on his hands. All the tall about him and Melo playing together is a joke

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It would definitely take a lot of the weight off of lebron not always having to be the one to have the ball on his hands. All the tall about him and Melo playing together is a joke
I truly believe LeBron likes the ball in his hands. He's one of the greatest passers the NBA has seen, big or not. He just sees the field too well and knows how to set his teammates up.

I just think he'd benefit from someone with equal field vision who could actually set him up because he's also one of the best scorers currently in the league.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I truly believe LeBron likes the ball in his hands. He's one of the greatest passers the NBA has seen, big or not. He just sees the field too well and knows how to set his teammates up.

I just think he'd benefit from someone with equal field vision who could actually set him up because he's also one of the best scorers currently in the league.
I Agree. He needs to have someone else there to facilitate so he can conserve more energy. I agree about him as a passer which is why I say it's more fair to compare lebron to Magic and not mj.

Also a telling stat that lebron is getting zero help: he played 46 mins in game 3. The cavs were +5 with lebron on the court. He couldn't get help for two minutes from the rest of the cavs.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I Agree. He needs to have someone else there to facilitate so he can conserve more energy. I agree about him as a passer which is why I say it's more fair to compare lebron to Magic and not mj.

Also a telling stat that lebron is getting zero help: he played 46 mins in game 3. The cavs were +5 with lebron on the court. He couldn't get help for two minutes from the rest of the cavs.
It was +7 with him on the court, -12 off. Absurd to have a 19 point swing in virtually no time.

I think it's fair to compare him to MJ. I consider Durant to be the most gifted shooter in the NBA, but LeBron isn't far behind as far as being a very good shooter from anywhere.

With MJ, he'd take 30 shots a night even if he made 3. He was all about just jacking up shots. LeBron sees, "Hey, I've made 3 of 12, Kyrie is shooting 60%, so let me set him up." LeBron is the ultimate team player and blend of Magic and Jordan. He can be either when you need it.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
It was +7 with him on the court, -12 off. Absurd to have a 19 point swing in virtually no time.

I think it's fair to compare him to MJ. I consider Durant to be the most gifted shooter in the NBA, but LeBron isn't far behind as far as being a very good shooter from anywhere.

With MJ, he'd take 30 shots a night even if he made 3. He was all about just jacking up shots. LeBron sees, "Hey, I've made 3 of 12, Kyrie is shooting 60%, so let me set him up." LeBron is the ultimate team player and blend of Magic and Jordan. He can be either when you need it.
I think it's fair to compare lebron and mj if your talking about the best ever, but as far as skills set, I see it the other way. Kobe was like mj and I view lebron as like magic. Lebron has to be one of the smartest players to ever play, his ball is is amazing.

Also, comparing this year warriors to the 96 bulls I think is unfair. It was a different era not only as of rules, but the way the game is played. Obviously luc longley would be a huge liability out there but if it'd this era, he wouldn't even be a starter in the league most likely. Just like I think the warriors wouldn't be able to play the way they do if they played in the mj era with the rules and the style of play. Just wanted to give my one cent in on that topic as I heard it spoken of lately

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Warriors have a 3-1 lead.... again. Warriors to blow two consecutive 3-1 leads In back to back years?