• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Reportedly there are 4 teams on Lebron's wish list for Free Agency, and those are re-signing with the Cavs, Rockets, 76ers and Lakers. I would say forming a super team in Houston would be very compelling to Lebron as it would be similar to when he signed with Miami. Though I do think he stays in the East as that is the easiest route to the NBA Finals every year. I imagine he'll choose the 76ers and in the next three years Lebron will get Philly another major sports title.
Well given tonight's events we can narrow things down to 3 teams

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Everyone complaining about parity... when has that been the NBA selling point? There have been dynasties since the beginning. Nothing new here. As as a Knicks fan... FUCK LEBRON!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Call me when Harden and CP3 actually do something. I have little doubts that they would've choked it away. Easy money.

The NBA is a fucking joke
Everyone can have their own opinions but yours is a fucking stupid one. Call you when they actually do something. I guess you didn’t watch the series.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Everyone can have their own opinions but yours is a fucking stupid one. Call you when they actually do something. I guess you didn’t watch the series.
I did. Warriors are still far superior talent wise and denying that is just asinine. Warriors got cocky and come next season even if everything is still the same I can personally guarantee you the warriors will curb stomp their way through the west again like in 2017 unless Lebron James forms his own super team.

My opinion may be “fucking stupid” to you but you’re guarenteeing a victory when you can’t even know it to be true is far worse. The warriors got their asses kicked and were down 3-1 when KD was on the thunder still. Kerr’s been through worse and I have little doubt that with a team this head to toe stacked that they would’ve overcome the rockets no matter how hot CP3 was. Game six for golden state was at home With their backs against the wall I’d easily bet on a victory there even with a healthy CP3. And even on the road game 7 is something I’d easily bet on golden state for. They’re far superior talent wise on the defensive side of the ball, and oddly enough for a D’antoni team they rockets are also good on defense and Kerr has too much offensive talent. The rockets are a good team who’re are not a super team. They can give anyone trouble but are a can get into a track meet with anyone but you need to do far more than that.

I’m sorry you don’t like my opinion. This warriors team right now is straight up unbeatable thanks to Durant. In spite of having Durant they’re still also one of the deeper teams in the league too. And Kerr is a very good coach. If you want to beat this kind of team you need to slow the game down. You can run with this warriors squad for a game or two, and steal another one outright.... but the rockets are a team that ultimately want to run with you. They have impressive firepower but they have Durant, who’s the best pure scorer in the nba right now, and Curry and Klay whom are both capable of enabling cheat codes and raining threes on a team. Want to defend the low block and stop Durant and Curry from driving on you? Warriors will take it to the three point line and kill you that way. Want to defend the three point line? Durant and Curry will cut to the basket like it’s no ones business and will open up opportunities.

You want to beat them? Rockets are not the team for that? The rockets are an offensive juggernaut like all of D’antoni’s teams where they true to outrun you. This year he actually learned defense is actually important and they’re good at it now(surprisingly) but despite CP3 and Harden being ideal compliments to one another and being surrounded with some talented shooters they cannot kill you in just as many ways. They don’t have the talent or the coaching. They can ultimately make a series competitive but given all of the variables I’m still favoring the warriors here. Championship experience does play a role and to finish this off CP3 and Harden are notorious for choking in the biggest moments possible. Wouldn’t doubt they do that again especially against a team who knows how to get there and are all seasoned finals competitors.

Doesn’t help that I hate all the primary stars on all teams. Fuck Lebron and Harden and double fuck Durant. Piece of shit he is.

I hope Lebron and Paul George both go to LA together, they resign Brooke Lopez and put duct tape on Lavar Ball’s mouth before getting a surgical procedure to cut out his tounge.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Everyone complaining about parity... when has that been the NBA selling point? There have been dynasties since the beginning. Nothing new here. As as a Knicks fan... FUCK LEBRON!
There’s dynasties in every sport but this league isn’t even competitive. There’s always going to be a handful(usually 6 or 7) that are better on paper than the rest but now there’s 2 teams and wherever Lebron James goes. There’s no inbetwren. There’s basically 2 real teams(Rockets and Warriors) and then there’s Lebron James. That leaves the remaining 27 teams in the league as skull fucked. Half of the league is literally tanking right now just to have a chance a decade from now. The league is broken. You don’t see that shit in the MLB, NHL, or even the NFL. In the NFL you can still have an actual good team and miss the postseason. It’s competitive.

You’re missing the point entirely. In competition you’re naturally going to have others that are better but this.... this is some bullshit here. This league isn’t interesting anymore. It was VERY interesting when Lebron joined the heat because the east was a fucking Joke. This is akin to the Kobe Shaq Lakers, where the east was an utter joke and everyone in the west was their bitch during that dynasty. and this is still worse. The Kobe Shaq lakers came to be because Kobe Bryant cane the fuck out of nowhere and overnight became the second best player in the nba behind Shaq’s #1.

The NBA is fucked right now. And it’s probably beyond saving. And no one is to blame but Durant.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I did. Warriors are still far superior talent wise and denying that is just asinine. Warriors got cocky and come next season even if everything is still the same I can personally guarantee you the warriors will curb stomp their way through the west again like in 2017 unless Lebron James forms his own super team.

My opinion may be “fucking stupid” to you but you’re guarenteeing a victory when you can’t even know it to be true is far worse. The warriors got their asses kicked and were down 3-1 when KD was on the thunder still. Kerr’s been through worse and I have little doubt that with a team this head to toe stacked that they would’ve overcome the rockets no matter how hot CP3 was. Game six for golden state was at home With their backs against the wall I’d easily bet on a victory there even with a healthy CP3. And even on the road game 7 is something I’d easily bet on golden state for. They’re far superior talent wise on the defensive side of the ball, and oddly enough for a D’antoni team they rockets are also good on defense and Kerr has too much offensive talent. The rockets are a good team who’re are not a super team. They can give anyone trouble but are a can get into a track meet with anyone but you need to do far more than that.

I’m sorry you don’t like my opinion. This warriors team right now is straight up unbeatable thanks to Durant. In spite of having Durant they’re still also one of the deeper teams in the league too. And Kerr is a very good coach. If you want to beat this kind of team you need to slow the game down. You can run with this warriors squad for a game or two, and steal another one outright.... but the rockets are a team that ultimately want to run with you. They have impressive firepower but they have Durant, who’s the best pure scorer in the nba right now, and Curry and Klay whom are both capable of enabling cheat codes and raining threes on a team. Want to defend the low block and stop Durant and Curry from driving on you? Warriors will take it to the three point line and kill you that way. Want to defend the three point line? Durant and Curry will cut to the basket like it’s no ones business and will open up opportunities.

You want to beat them? Rockets are not the team for that? The rockets are an offensive juggernaut like all of D’antoni’s teams where they true to outrun you. This year he actually learned defense is actually important and they’re good at it now(surprisingly) but despite CP3 and Harden being ideal compliments to one another and being surrounded with some talented shooters they cannot kill you in just as many ways. They don’t have the talent or the coaching. They can ultimately make a series competitive but given all of the variables I’m still favoring the warriors here. Championship experience does play a role and to finish this off CP3 and Harden are notorious for choking in the biggest moments possible. Wouldn’t doubt they do that again especially against a team who knows how to get there and are all seasoned finals competitors.

Doesn’t help that I hate all the primary stars on all teams. Fuck Lebron and Harden and double fuck Durant. Piece of shit he is.

I hope Lebron and Paul George both go to LA together, they resign Brooke Lopez and put duct tape on Lavar Ball’s mouth before getting a surgical procedure to cut out his tounge.
Why would Lebron waste his time with Lonzo. I hope he joins the spurs or the rockets.
I like the NFL because there's a hard cap and no exemptions. No cap smoothing lead to ridiculous contracts two years ago I hope this won't happen with new cba. But in general money has destroyed most of the sports I watch.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Why would Lebron waste his time with Lonzo. I hope he joins the spurs or the rockets.
I like the NFL because there's a hard cap and no exemptions. No cap smoothing lead to ridiculous contracts two years ago I hope this won't happen with new cba. But in general money has destroyed most of the sports I watch.
He ain't joining the rockets. He already said that. Which is... Well fucking stupid. Harden and Paul are his ideal teammates and THAT would actually put them over the top and make them capable of winning.

Spurs without Leonard if he leaves would be an utter no go.

Also waste his time with Lonzo. Lmao. I hate his dad and his brothers more than anyone. Lonzo can play. It's not a coincidence that the Lakers are MUCH better when he's on the court. You put Paul George and Lebron on that team and then you keep Lopez and suddenly you have a superteam with the amount of young talent. Lonzo's game has vastly improved on the defensive side of the ball if you go back and watch him. Lonzo's not much of a scorer but he's a generational passer. Lonzo's main issue... He needs scorers next to him. Well... Lebron and George both fill that role and are great passers themselves. With Walton there, who's a far better coach than anyone gives him credit for, the ball movement would be insane. Then all the Lakers would need to do after those two are get three and D players and hope that Ingram or Kuzma become all stars.

Lakers have a lot of young talent. They get an all star veteran or two and one of those young guys breaks out.. Yeah I wouldn't want to play them. Lebron would need to bring people with him but the Lakers are actually in a decent position to become a super team.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Living in the Bay Area is just the worst. People are going. “This finals series was the most adversity this team has ever gone through. They took a beating but ultimately my warriors prevailed” on the television here.

Bitch, what adversity? Vs the rockets sure you had an actually competitive series but everyone and their mother knew that even if CP3 was healthy you would’ve come out of that series on top. You then took down a team with two players. Congrats. This is how the league is now. “Parity” has never existed but nowadays it’s just some bullshit.

Thanks Durant. Because of you I get a yearly reminder of how insufferable these Bay Area sports fans are. Fuck

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lebron should honestly just go to Philly. He said he wants to play off the ball more so that would work. Simmons would get the ball more and the other starters there (Embid, Saric, Reddick) are all good shooters and you have to give attention to Lebron anyways even if the ball is out of his hands. Lebron can likely attract a few key bench players and that team can beat Golden State. That’s a team that could slow the game down.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Notice how their hasn’t been any NBA news since Demarcus Cousins.

Yeah this thread can officially be declared as irrelevant. Enjoy your ratings plummet while the east is irrelevant as per usual and the west already has its champion. There’s honestly no point in watching. This isn’t basketball. It’s bullshit.

Fuck you Durant for starting this and double fuck you Cousins

Tru11

Practice Squad
lebron started this shit.

Tru11

Practice Squad
Boston 3 where all over 30 years old when they got together.
Pretty much past their prime.

Lebron was 26, Bosch was 26 and Wade was 29 when they got together.

you have to try real hard if you want argue that they are the same thing.

30+ players chasing rings wasent something new to the nba.

players entering their prime teaming up well ......

Tru11

Practice Squad
that wasent the discussion in the first place.

players past their prime teaming up to chase a ring was not something new they started.

players entering or being in their prime teaming up to chase rings started with lebron.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Boston 3 where all over 30 years old when they got together.
Pretty much past their prime.

Lebron was 26, Bosch was 26 and Wade was 29 when they got together.

you have to try real hard if you want argue that they are the same thing.

30+ players chasing rings wasent something new to the nba.

players entering their prime teaming up well ......
Quit it with these dumb ass comments. The Celtics big 3 were all among best players at their positions still, don’t act like they were just 3 old guys teaming up. Lebron didn’t start shit

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It's really a shame Cousins decide to buttfuck the rest of the league. This Lebron James Lakers team looks good because the young guys there are good fits with him and might extend his prime by another few years since it looks like Lebron is indeed going to play the 4 more often and play off the ball more.

Ingram is literally the perfect player next to him. Good passer, good defensive player, insane shooting/scoring upside who can attack all three levels of the defense. If he improved his shot more.

Lonzo may get media scrutiny due to his dad. But he looked like a damn good defensive player his rookie season, especially off ball, and he's a generational passing talent. Combine that with Lebron who is also a generational passing talent, the ball movement should be good.

Kuzma is a good stretch four who helps with court spacing

Josh Hart is a good defensive player and a good shooter.

Lance Stephenson is a nice backup who could put up some points and be a lockdown defender.

Rondo is Rondo. Great passer, good defender. Should be a good bench point guard and mentor figure to Lonzo.

They lack quality bigs, which they need to fix. But they've got some good talent here. They need another star and another big but there's potential there.