• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NBA Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NBA is investigating Player use of the supplement Premier T Boost, a product known to make athletes 150% stronger and triples stamina. It also increases muscle growth by 300%, some users have gained 15lbs of muscle with just one month of use. Lebron is one of those players that takes this supplement and has been told by NBA to stop using it along with other players who may have been using it.

http://cinchreport.com/lebron-james-under-investigation/

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
NBA is investigating Player use of the supplement Premier T Boost, a product known to make athletes 150% stronger and triples stamina. It also increases muscle growth by 300%, some users have gained 15lbs of muscle with just one month of use. Lebron is one of those players that takes this supplement and has been told by NBA to stop using it along with other players who may have been using it.

http://cinchreport.com/lebron-james-under-investigation/
This is the biggest load of bs I’ve ever seen. I really hope you were posting it as a joke lmao

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This is the biggest load of bs I’ve ever seen. I really hope you were posting it as a joke lmao

His name, I think, was brought up when some company was busted in Miami, but nothing ever really came from it. If there was ever an NBA player I thought was on it, it's him. Lump in neck, huge weight gains/losses and the fact he's still performing like this. Then I look at the Derrick Rose's...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
View attachment 1072

Does that make Dirk the Goat then?
This is way different and we both know it. Three all stars going against a team with only one or two has been a thing forever..

One player fucking the parity of an entire league in the ass because he's a sore loser, despite having a good team around him already, and going to a team that could have already been considered to be an all time great team... Totally different. Lebron doing what he did changed the NBA. But the east was already a massive shitshow to begin with at the time. Kevin Durant essentially secured five NBA titles for himself with no avail. The Cavs are not even a moderate challenge for this warriors squad. They weren't with Kyrie on the team either. You've missed the point entirely. That Big 3 Heat team was good but was clearly beatable.. The only way this warriors team could possibly lose a seven game series to anyone in the league right now is if one of their guys get hurt.. And even then there's no fucking chance.

I hate Lebron James.. But the situation is totally different. Lebron formed a team down in Miami because Cleveland did(and has done again) a TERRIBLE job building around him. KD was a little bitch.

Fuck Durant, Fuck Lebron, Fuck Harden. No denying the greatness of Lebron though. KD basically screwed over the NBA to get at least another 3 rings... And Harden. Well the fact that he's the best SG in the NBA right now proves that this league is an utter joke.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Also to answer your actual question.. No. Dirk had a team around him and a real NBA coach. Although not all stars anymore Kidd and Marion were still very good NBA players and then there was also other good players in Chandler, Terry, and Barea. And that team had depth. Not Lue who's basically a figurehead that Lebron supersedes. Lebron has basically Kevin Love, George Hill, Tristian Thompson, and Korver.. and that's basically it. JR Smith is a walking liability, Jeff Green is a shell of his former self. Rodney hood hasn't played for some reason. I'd take Dirk's supporting cast over Lebron's in a heartbeat.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
GS just built a great team and allowed themselves to luxury of adding KD. The Heat and this current Cavs team tried to easy bake oven a team. That's why the Celtics will most likely be the next best team when GS is slowing down. How are people knocking the warriors for doing what every other team in the league was trying to accomplish by landing KD? And when he went to Miami everyone knew they had stacked the deck against the rest of the league. And as far as his role player, LeBron is too goddam ball dominant. All these players were doing ok in their own right until going to Cleveland. Since the Heat, people have had to change their style of play to fit Brons game. He's partially to blame. Wouldn't hurt letting a pg do their job once in a while.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Where did I knock the warriors? You’re completely misunderstanding our complaints here. Any smart team would do what they did. I have virtually no qualms with Stephen Curry, Klay, and even Draymond. It’s durant we all hate and we want to see HIM fail. We don’t care about the others m. Had he gone elsewhwre, we’d all relish in Lebron getting skull fucked.

Lebron didn’t ruin the league, he was just a dick about it. “Imma take my talents”. Had he gone about it a better way, not many people would’ve hated it. He didn’t join a super team, he formed one. No problems with that. Especially since the Cavs have proved themselves to be an utterly incompetent organization. Especially since that..... that team was basically just the three of them. They had a few nice role players but if one of the big three went down due to injury that team would’ve been fucked. Warriors still make and win the finals handily.

And sorry. Doesn’t show it on the stat sheet but Lebron makes everyone around him better. And since Lebron is basically a point guard anyways why the fuck should it matter? He’s automatically absolved of any blame for the Cavs woes when he’s basically carrying a often injured all star and his band of average lackeys against an all time great time that maybe 6 teams if that In nba history could beat

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Lost_In_Translation why do you hate Harden so much? He’s a very good player and a top 3 isolation scorer of all time. Some think he’s the best.

There’s nothing wrong with him being the best SG right now. If it’s because he “chokes” in the playoffs then there’s an easy explanation. Isolation ball drains a players stamina significantly faster than anything else. A full half of Harden doing that every other position wears him out. That is what Paul is for. To take the load off Harden and that’s why they were so good until Paul got hurt.

You say no team can beat the Warriors but the Rockets literally would have beaten them if Paul didn’t get hurt. Wanna use iggy not playing as an excuse? Well you can’t. The rockets 5th best player played minimal mins and was ineffective with a shoulder injury.

You can hate on Harden all you want for whatever reason, but he’s an incredible offensive talent.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Hardens game is predicated on getting to the line. He doesn't.. They don't win usually when it matters. He also gives no effort on d.

Turn this game on to see Durant end this shit. What a clutch 3. 3-1 ain’t happening again.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Well that should do it. Up 3-0. Barring an epic collapse in this series is totally over. Fuck you KD. You’ve made the game totally unfair and borderline unwatchable. Now because of you I have to put up with these toxic Bay Area fans.

I don’t care if they’re down potentially in a series like the rockets. This warriors team is too damn stacked. I have little doubts that they still would’ve beaten Houston with CP3. They have all the ways to beat you and play the defense to back it up too. Call me when Lebron retires and when KD fucks off when the warriors inevitably do lose. Fuck this league, fuck KD, and fuck the Bay Area fans

Pats

Veteran
The NBA is such a joke and shit league. The only sport where you can make super teams so easily and one player can take you to the finals alone. 4 years of the same garbage final doesn't help. MLB,NFL and NHL are much better leagues. I don't honestly know what the league can even do to make it decent to watch again. Probably bring back tougher rules and make the game a bit dirtier like in the 90s maybe. Would never happen though.