• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar, The Running Game and The Defensive Collapse

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Are we sure this run game will get going with Dobbins and/or Gus back? Like the run blocking looks so fucking bad. The pass blocking though… me likey
The run blocking looks atrocious so far but I refuse to believe that JK and the Gus bus can't do better than 12 yards on 11 carries so I have to believe that it will improve with one or both of them back

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
yes its very transparent
I really don't get it, either. I suppose it has to do with the playoffs? But I mean, even then, Joe got absolutely carried for a few years and was allowed to grow into a playoff quarterback. Lamar wasn't afforded that opportunity. He's had to be THE guy since he took over in 2018.

I just don't get why people are so eager to move on from Lamar after a loss like today where Lamar was the reason the Ravens were even in the game to begin with.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really don't get it, either. I suppose it has to do with the playoffs? But I mean, even then, Joe got absolutely carried for a few years and was allowed to grow into a playoff quarterback. Lamar wasn't afforded that opportunity. He's had to be THE guy since he took over in 2018.

I just don't get why people are so eager to move on from Lamar after a loss like today where Lamar was the reason the Ravens were even in the game to begin with.

he is the best QB in our franchise history, he's one of the few genuinely elite and game-defining players in the NFL right now, he makes us relevant, face of the franchise

there is literally no empirical reason to think this team or this franchise is better off without lamar no matter what the reimbursement is, no matter how much he might cost

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

Have not seen too many people on this website wanting to move on from Lamar. Other sites…yes. Now Harbaugh is a different story.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he is the best QB in our franchise history, he's one of the few genuinely elite and game-defining players in the NFL right now, he makes us relevant, face of the franchise

there is literally no empirical reason to think this team or this franchise is better off without lamar no matter what the reimbursement is, no matter how much he might cost
extremely classy dude is a bonus

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

I think, if you put Lamar on the same team Joe had, we would not have lost today and we would be the number one seed in the playoffs this season.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I don’t agree, he wants the Watson deal, and unless the cap gets seriously raised, if our injured players are just not the same player when they come back, we have too many holes to fill to be competitive anyway. If fact if Lamar has a decent year but we fall short in the playoffs, we will not be drafting high. Lamar will probably want more than the Watson deal after the season. I say tag him, especially if these serious injuries continue to pile up during the season.

Lamar is elite, but it’s a team sport, and for the insane contract he wants, that kind of cap hit is just way too hindering.
Team sport and Lamar has been carrying this team on his back the past 2 seasons. Any semblance of a run game and this is an easy victory. He's being asked to do plenty more than any other qb we've had and deserves his money.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
OMG my keyboard on this site is giving me fits today! I would think it was my iPad if it wasn’t working so well on other sites today. Is anyone else having issues?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Have not seen too many people on this website wanting to move on from Lamar. Other sites…yes. Now Harbaugh is a different story.
I haven’t seen anyone wanting to move on from Lamar. I have seen the pushback on the juvenile and short sighted idea of “give him whatever he wants”. That does not equate to get rid of Lamar.