• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar, The Running Game and The Defensive Collapse

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Guys a veteran poster lol, hardly think he’s a troll just because he has a dissenting (and valid) opinion among some on the board
He typically doesn't post when we win though. I don't think he's a troll, but I do find it strange.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to add more here...21 mf points in the 4th and harbs can't strategically run out the clock?! Mr greatest coach?? At what point does the HEAD MF COACH SAY OK TIME TO GET HANDS ON HERE AND COACH MY TEAM TO VICTORY?? It's never happened because he's not built for it. If u guys remember I literally stopped watching for like 3 years because of harbs then Lamar came and harbs seat got HOT!! I was happy...man under him we will never win another SB.
How does one run out the clock when you can't run the ball? Like I'd have liked to have seen play calling be better in the 4th, but its pretty clear this isn't the kind of team (at the moment) that can do like a 12 play, clock killing drive at the end of the game to seal it.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
How does one run out the clock when you can't run the ball? Like I'd have liked to have seen play calling be better in the 4th, but its pretty clear this isn't the kind of team (at the moment) that can do like a 12 play, clock killing drive at the end of the game to seal it.

And it’s not the type who can win a shootout. I don’t care how good Lamar did in that sense. (I’m very glad he did amazing btw). We just don’t have the receivers for a shootout against a good defense covering for an all out passing attack

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yeah, this has to improve.
I criticized Wink for this last year, and it's not nearly as simplistic as I'm about to say it is, but like, you're the Safety. What's the Safety's job? Last line of defense. Don't get beat deep. I know it's not always that simplistic, but on this coverage, it fucking literally is.

Not like we're stacking 8-9 in the box, faking a blitz, and Hamilton's gotta run in stride with Hill from the LOS to catch up. He literally starts 15 yards off the ball, and is bailing at the snap, and he still gets beat deep by like 10 yards.

A1A

Veteran
Good coaches find a way.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Say what u want but my criticism of harbs is warranted. The team don't fight for him they fight for Lamar like they fought for Ray.
Well Ray's not coming back, and John's not getting fired for even a mediocre season. So I guess the team is just going to have to man up, put their big boy pants on, try a little thing called professionalism, and play hard for any fucking coach that's out there.

Or they can not, wait for their paychecks to decrease or become non-existent, and move into another walk of life that'll get them paid less. Ain't like other teams are out here recruiting guys who can't hack it under Harbaugh.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good coaches find a way.
So do good players. Like when you call a running play in clock killing mode, you try blocking it up as its designed and try gaining yardage. Do some of that, maybe you get a first down here and there.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well Ray's not coming back, and John's not getting fired for even a mediocre season. So I guess the team is just going to have to man up, put their big boy pants on, try a little thing called professionalism, and play hard for any fucking coach that's out there.

Or they can not, wait for their paychecks to decrease or become non-existent, and move into another walk of life that'll get them paid less. Ain't like other teams are out here recruiting guys who can't hack it under Harbaugh.

Hahaha ain’t that last part the damn truth… the truth…can’t play well under a mediocre coach, don’t come here

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i saw humphrey only missed 15 snaps and was like... is that it?
but turns out it was only 15 snaps because the dolphins drives were so quick

he was clearly the key to our defence yesterday and his absence in the 4th quarter (and the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter too) resulted in drives that equalled 35 points - id like this checked becauset that's dramatic if true - but basically we're saying that all bar 7 points were scored without humphrey on the field...

he's an all-pro for a reason but it's a bit scary that the defence could fall apart without just that 1 guy and if that really is the case when we go to the coaches film then that's got to land on macdonald too for not adjusting to the personnel available

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

he was clearly the key to our defence yesterday and his absence in the 4th quarter (and the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter too) resulted in drives that equalled 35 points - id like this checked becauset that's dramatic if true - but basically we're saying that all bar 7 points were scored without humphrey on the field...

he's an all-pro for a reason but it's a bit scary that the defence could fall apart without just that 1 guy and if that really is the case when we go to the coaches film then that's got to land on macdonald too for not adjusting to the personnel available

Bro..........this is Jimmy Smith 2.0 (in terms of cicrumstances) from 2014-16 all over again smh.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think it looks different if you have a) Peters not playing his first game in over a year and on limited snaps and b) having Stephens and/or Fuller out there.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Means is out for the season with a torn ACL

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbs confirmed that the TD over Peters was a mistake by both the CB and S not staying over the top
also confirmed that there was a miscommunication and someone was supposed to have the deep half but didnt know (didnt say which guy but it can only have been kyle or marcus and everyone was looking at kyle so seems to make sense it was him)