• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar, The Running Game and The Defensive Collapse

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Don’t count me in on the Oweh slander. I’ve been supportive and/or quiet about him other than one simple post
Calling someone out for a bad game is way different than calling someone a bust so you're in the clear on Oweh. Kyle I figured there would be growing pains and expect the speed of the game to slow down as the season progresses. Again, yesterday wasn't an ideal situation. Young cbs in and out of the rotation in a new defense. That type of offense with those weapons can stress the backend.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well Ray's not coming back, and John's not getting fired for even a mediocre season. So I guess the team is just going to have to man up, put their big boy pants on, try a little thing called professionalism, and play hard for any fucking coach that's out there.

Or they can not, wait for their paychecks to decrease or become non-existent, and move into another walk of life that'll get them paid less. Ain't like other teams are out here recruiting guys who can't hack it under Harbaugh.
anyone who doesn't think Harbaugh is one of the better coaches in this league has no business evaluating coaches. I'm just glad they aren't managing the Ravens.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It was the route running that caught my eye.
we knew he was a great route runner in college and why I knew I wanted him as a Raven early in the 2020 season when I was watching Bateman. I've always wanted the Ravens to draft a great route runner and he has deceptive speed because of those long strides.

Agree with @redrum52 on his reply to you.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
anyone who doesn't think Harbaugh is one of the better coaches in this league has no business evaluating coaches. I'm just glad they aren't managing the Ravens.
I don't really care if people think he's good or not. It's the same bullshit every year. Fire the coaches, and everything will get better. Maybe it will, but it's also not happening. The sooner fans get equated with a little thing called reality, the better. If they can't get past the fact that John's not getting fired for a day like yesterday or even the last decade of what he's done, then its probably time to turn in the fan card and go jump on another bandwagon.

People spend so much time bitching about the past and arm-chairing everything that they get to the weekend and they can't even enjoy the game. People spent all offseason bitching about how we didn't trade for Diggs three years ago. Who the fuck cares? It was three years ago. It's over. It's not happening. If you can't get past it, you suck as a fan. You're objectively bad at being a fan. And yes, that's a real thing.

I'll spare the effort, but I can easily tie this level of stupidity and ignorance all the way back to why there's a gigantic wealth/skill/wage gap in this Country. It ain't just because the super rich hoard everything. It's because the "little guy" has no critical thinking skills, no problem solving ability, and an innate ability to blame literally anybody for anything, except for the person actually executing the task.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seriously how is Lamar not the highest graded player? Also , I am beyond excited knowing we have Bateman and Mark locked up . Bateman looks like the real deal and a complete WR.

bateman's releases the first 2 weeks have been awesome - the kind of release work he showed off all throughout his college tape and is why a bunch of us were so high on him - the fact he actually seems to have that 4.3 speed he was timed as having (but didnt necessarily show up on the college tape as obviously) is a massive bonus

i get why teams and the ravens covet height-weight-speed but i think bateman is proof that if a guy hits an explosive athleticism benchmark and is a ready-to-go route-runner then he's gonna translate... just look at justin jefferson, jahan dotson, rashod bateman, elijah moore, devonta smith

route-running and especially release work vs press is like the first thing im watching for when scouting receiving tape

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think they look like the same exact team, they were fortunate last year

We better not be the team that gets the Burrow hype going again, but they also have WRs that we can’t cover. The defense should be out for blood that game, anything less is disgusting

they'll be the next stop on the revenge tour that's currently 0-1 lol
need some healthy corners back for that week 5 matchup - at least we'll have had to deal with the bills offence the week before though

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't really care if people think he's good or not. It's the same bullshit every year. Fire the coaches, and everything will get better. Maybe it will, but it's also not happening. The sooner fans get equated with a little thing called reality, the better. If they can't get past the fact that John's not getting fired for a day like yesterday or even the last decade of what he's done, then its probably time to turn in the fan card and go jump on another bandwagon.

People spend so much time bitching about the past and arm-chairing everything that they get to the weekend and they can't even enjoy the game. People spent all offseason bitching about how we didn't trade for Diggs three years ago. Who the fuck cares? It was three years ago. It's over. It's not happening. If you can't get past it, you suck as a fan. You're objectively bad at being a fan. And yes, that's a real thing.

I'll spare the effort, but I can easily tie this level of stupidity and ignorance all the way back to why there's a gigantic wealth/skill/wage gap in this Country. It ain't just because the super rich hoard everything. It's because the "little guy" has no critical thinking skills, no problem solving ability, and an innate ability to blame literally anybody for anything, except for the person actually executing the task.
People still want to fire Roman after yesterday . We fired Wink and our defense did what it did yesterday

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hahaha leave it up to you to bring politics into a football conversation

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
People still want to fire Roman after yesterday . We fired Wink and our defense did what it did yesterday

Can we go back to the fire Harbs chant?

I mean… Sean Payton just sitting at home ^_^

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Always like this guy’s analysis

i think the takeaway from some of this is positive in the sense that some of this is fixed simply by having JK back - not everything, but some

and Harbs noted that the RBs will have to improve in the running game - obviously it's not just about them but notable that he called them out as having an obviously important part in the success/failure of that phase

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hahaha leave it up to you to bring politics into a football conversation
Well id say its more economics than politics, but point remains. You can tell how people think in real life by the types of evaluations they do to adversity from their favorite football team.

It's a 17 week season. There aren't many teams in the league that don't look either inconsistent or like total dog shit to me right now. My concern level isn't that high. From the first two weeks, Miami is a top 10 team in the league, easily. And we were beating them by 3 TDs in the fourth quarter.

Here's a bold prediction for you right now... barring some massive injury issues from this upcoming game, our defense holds Buffalo under 30 points in two weeks. Write it down. According to dumb fan boys, anytime you give up 6 TDs to somebody, whoever is better than them is automatically guaranteed to score more. Real life almost never goes that way, but people are too stupid to realize that.