• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Patriots

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
our best running plays have been with lamar as a threat in the option game with the inverted veer type plays
had 2 i can remember this week - 1 was the 79 yd TD and the other was a give to Hill for like 12 yds around the edge

we've got to be able to find ways to run the ball that isnt just lamar
Exactly! That running game takes the pressure off Lamar. Throw Lamar in the mix as a runner and now the Ravens game is pure hell to defend because of the threat to pass as well.

Tank

Hall of Famer
It's not about panicking. It is what it is! The defense is horrendous and gave up huge points at home. Now, they have to go on the road and face a team that's on a high because they just beat the steelers and watched how the Dolphins skulled dragged our defense in the 4th quarter? C'mon now! I have no confidence in this defense at the moment. None! Now, Lamar, Bateman, Duvernay, Robinson, Andrews, and Likely? That's a different story. The running game? What running game? The Ravens have a lot to fix before next week. A lot; if they plan to come out of there with a "W".

1-1

GO RAVENS!
We’ll curb stomp the pats. Bank it.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Exactly! That running game takes the pressure off Lamar. Throw Lamar in the mix as a runner and now the Ravens game is pure hell to defend because of the threat to pass as well.
This is what I'm saying. It's frustrating to have to do it, but use Lamar's arm to set up Lamar's legs to set up the running backs

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The WR corps started the season thin because it only had 5 guys and Tylan Wallace does not seem to be it. But now Duv is concussed and who knows where Proche is with the groin injury.

You can't trot out Bateman, Robinson, and Wallace vs the Patriots. Also if Duv is out, there goes your KR and PR. Expecting Victor to be a call up but Jesus Christ. Already with the injuries affecting entire position groups.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The WR corps started the season thin because it only had 5 guys and Tylan Wallace does not seem to be it. But now Duv is concussed and who knows where Proche is with the groin injury.

You can't trot out Bateman, Robinson, and Wallace vs the Patriots. Also if Duv is out, there goes your KR and PR. Expecting Victor to be a call up but Jesus Christ. Already with the injuries affecting entire position groups.

it's wild that we're heading into week 3 with decimated position groups at WR, EDGE and CB - some would suggest those are 3 of the 4 most important positions (outside of QB) in the NFL

thank fuck we were so deep at OT in response to last year and thank fuck that we found out Mekari's a good OT (which we only found out because of last year's injuries)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
it's wild that we're heading into week 3 with decimated position groups at WR, EDGE and CB - some would suggest those are 3 of the 4 most important positions (outside of QB) in the NFL

thank fuck we were so deep at OT in response to last year and thank fuck that we found out Mekari's a good OT (which we only found out because of last year's injuries)
And again all of this after 2 games. When Stanley comes back if he's playing well, it would just suck to have Mekari on the bench. Is he a better LG than Powers? What's so weird is Harbs was talking about how Mekari has practiced at TE. Could we play Mekari in Boyles role if Stabley is playing?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And again all of this after 2 games. When Stanley comes back if he's playing well, it would just suck to have Mekari on the bench. Is he a better LG than Powers? What's so weird is Harbs was talking about how Mekari has practiced at TE. Could we play Mekari in Boyles role if Stabley is playing?

i imagine he's more talking about TE in terms of a 6th OL role but sure... could definitely see us use some more 6 OL with Mekari once Stanley's back - he's more mobile than Cleveland and Faalele so you might be able to get him into L2 or lead-blocking

but he doesnt give you any receiving value which is part of what makes Boyle at TE so crazy because he could block like an OL but also block in space and also offer you some value as a receiver

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i imagine he's more talking about TE in terms of a 6th OL role but sure... could definitely see us use some more 6 OL with Mekari once Stanley's back - he's more mobile than Cleveland and Faalele so you might be able to get him into L2 or lead-blocking

but he doesnt give you any receiving value which is part of what makes Boyle at TE so crazy because he could block like an OL but also block in space and also offer you some value as a receiver
Yeah for sure. There's just gotta be ways to improve the run game. I really hope someone makes a video about all of the 1 yard failures from this game. Would be huge to figure out exactly what happened. I don't think we can just say it was Oliver's fault this thine. Many of those runs were right up the gut.

Old Bay

Veteran
We’ll curb stomp the pats. Bank it.
I think so, too. Luckily, it's only week 2. Hopefully, this will be a wake up call to both the players and coaching staff and they make some adjustments. And maybe we'll get some fresh bodies back next week.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
One thing I'm really interested to see as the season progresses is if the offense can generate consistent drives.

What made the 2019 offense so special was they could sustain drives and just grind out teams.

So far, of the Ravens eight touchdowns, four have been 55+ yard plays and three of those were over 75+.

If the Ravens well dries up at any point on these explosive plays, are they going to be able to generate an offense that can drive down the field and score consistently?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This is concerning lol. Lamar didn't give any positive comment about it getting better. Simply said it's in the past. I'm glad he's a smart player. One who knows you go with what's working but that's not encouraging
Reading too deep. Lamars passively saying the coaches need to stop taking the ball out of his hands. Don’t salt away the clock to close games, just keep your foot on the gas.

Tank

Hall of Famer
The divisional against the pats where we have up 2 14 point leads still haunts me
Lose and go home. Playoff losses are the worst because they are season ending. Regular season losses are to be expected, everyone looks bad at some point, even eventual SB champs.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
In terms of the AFCN, this upcoming week we've probably got the toughest matchup vs the Pats.

Bengals play the Jets
Steelers play the Browns.

I expect us to go to 2-1
Browns to go to 2-1
Steelers to go to 1-2
Bengals to go to 1-2

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm trying to remember if I'd ever been so disappointed after the game as I was today.

Maybe Jacksonville in London.

Even the win next week vs cheaters won't scrub all of the dirt, I feel.
there have been others where I have been really disappointed and surprised by the loss, but this one ranks right up there with the worst.