• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Patriots

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
WTH happened to you guys yesterday?! As an outsider, and not biased in any direction besides the Jets, I have no problem saying I think you guys are clearly a better team than the Dolphins. But an epic collapse of that size indicates that maybe the Ravens aren't as good as I think they are? HOW does your defensive backfield allow Tyreek Hill to get behind you not once but TWICE? What I think at the end of the day is this team needs to take a step back and understand they're not as good as the players believe. They should get back to the fundamentals and understand the game is 60 minutes, not 45.

I think playing the patsies should be a good way for the Ravens to regain their MOJO. They should never let up on the patsies in their house, not until the clock hits ZERO. Hang 30 on the patsies in their house. I know it sounds silly and obvious but it's equally obvious the Ravens as a team stopped playing. That's truly unforgivable.....
We dominated, you dolt. What game were you watching?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
WTH happened to you guys yesterday?! As an outsider, and not biased in any direction besides the Jets, I have no problem saying I think you guys are clearly a better team than the Dolphins. But an epic collapse of that size indicates that maybe the Ravens aren't as good as I think they are? HOW does your defensive backfield allow Tyreek Hill to get behind you not once but TWICE? What I think at the end of the day is this team needs to take a step back and understand they're not as good as the players believe. They should get back to the fundamentals and understand the game is 60 minutes, not 45.

I think playing the patsies should be a good way for the Ravens to regain their MOJO. They should never let up on the patsies in their house, not until the clock hits ZERO. Hang 30 on the patsies in their house. I know it sounds silly and obvious but it's equally obvious the Ravens as a team stopped playing. That's truly unforgivable.....

See you at the end of the season when your beloved Jets are yet again multiple games away from the playoffs while we get in.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We need this win because I just don't see how we beat Buffalo following week.

By the way, did it ever happen before that the team plays entire division in four consecutive weeks?

this one's more embarrassing than disappointing

we blew a 21 pt lead in the 4th quarter
Man I want to hate the Dolphins but being from FL I can't lol.
But the loss to them in 2007 being the Dolphins only win that season was quite embarrassing. I went to that game and let me tell you the 2hr ride home was silent lol.

We lead the Ravens vs Miami series 10 to 8. But they like to embarass us.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Thing is with Roman is he’s engineered top run games in offenses where he’s had a mobile QB who is a threat to run, and every year from it’s peak the run game gets worse and worse.

LJ is 100% correct. If the run game isn’t working then you need to throw it more. We were having massive success there, also, Roman needs to be more creative in this short yardage situations similar to the Andrews TD if you’re facing heavy sets and cannot get any yardage. They did what Miami anticipated them to do.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

By the way, did it ever happen before that the team plays entire division in four consecutive weeks?
It's funny that we have a Jets fan on this board because we can ask him the same exact question. Ain't that right, @Mainejet ?

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
But the loss to them in 2007 being the Dolphins only win that season was quite embarrassing. I went to that game and let me tell you the 2hr ride home was silent lol.

I was there as well but I’ve also been to some great wins in Miami. I was also there last year and that was horrific lol. Doesn’t hurt so bad after yesterday though.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I hated them from 2013 to 2019 since they kinda seemed like division rivals given how often we played them. Last season, busted coverages and Watkins selling were the two main reasons why we lost other from the blitz. I don't even want to talk about yesterday.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I really hope Brandon Stephens comes back. I’m a fan of his and pray he has a healthy season after he returns. Hopefully they were being cautious with him.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

We got the Patriots, the Bills, and then the Bengals up next. That's why the Ravens needed to "curb stomp" (as @Tank believes they will do to the Patriots) the Dolphins when they had the chance when they were up on them 35-14 heading into the 4th Qrtr to go up 2-0. Cause now, every team that they face will believe that it will be "bombs over Baltimore" (secondary) when playing the Ravens. Just sickening!

Tank

Hall of Famer
Thing is with Roman is he’s engineered top run games in offenses where he’s had a mobile QB who is a threat to run, and every year from it’s peak the run game gets worse and worse.

LJ is 100% correct. If the run game isn’t working then you need to throw it more. We were having massive success there, also, Roman needs to be more creative in this short yardage situations similar to the Andrews TD if you’re facing heavy sets and cannot get any yardage. They did what Miami anticipated them to do.
It was as if we were trying to prove we could run over them in the middle, when it was obvious we couldn’t do it. Still not sure what the play was when Lamar fumbled, but I would hope it wasn’t a sneak. lol

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Yeah for sure. There's just gotta be ways to improve the run game. I really hope someone makes a video about all of the 1 yard failures from this game. Would be huge to figure out exactly what happened. I don't think we can just say it was Oliver's fault this thine. Many of those runs were right up the gut.
Is it the blocking or the running? Why not give the ball to Ricard more?

Tank

Hall of Famer
Is it the blocking or the running? Why not give the ball to Ricard more?
Definitely need to get our guy(s) back at RB, but I also think the O line just needs more reps as a unit, get everyone on the same page. Same holds true for D backs, just haven’t had that much time together as a unit. Both will improve as they play more together and in play communication improves.