• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Patriots

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's not about panicking. It is what it is! The defense is horrendous and gave up huge points at home. Now, they have to go on the road and face a team that's on a high because they just beat the steelers and watched how the Dolphins skulled dragged our defense in the 4th quarter? C'mon now! I have no confidence in this defense at the moment. None! Now, Lamar, Bateman, Duvernay, Robinson, Andrews, and Likely? That's a different story. The running game? What running game? The Ravens have a lot to fix before next week. A lot; if they plan to come out of there with a "W".

1-1

GO RAVENS!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Dobbins is not the answer to this run game. Or maybe he is and I don't appreciate how great he was because it's been so long it feels. Drake, Davis, and Hill were running into walls legitimately.

I said in the other thread, Nick Boyle is your only really piece to help the run game. And he may or may not be capable of playing this year.

I don't wanna say it but the key to getting the run game going may unfortunately have to be with using more Lamar designed runs. And not the predictable ass 3rd and 1 ones. Lamar is a transcendent talent and I don't want to run him into the ground because he's shown he can be a pretty elite pocket QB. But I'm sure if we used him more, it would probably really help the run game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dobbins is not the answer to this run game. Or maybe he is and I don't appreciate how great he was because it's been so long it feels. Drake, Davis, and Hill were running into walls legitimately.

I said in the other thread, Nick Boyle is your only really piece to help the run game. And he may or may not be capable of playing this year.

I don't wanna say it but the key to getting the run game going may unfortunately have to be with using more Lamar designed runs. And not the predictable ass 3rd and 1 ones. Lamar is a transcendent talent and I don't want to run him into the ground because he's shown he can be a pretty elite pocket QB. But I'm sure if we used him more, it would probably really help the run game

our best running plays have been with lamar as a threat in the option game with the inverted veer type plays
had 2 i can remember this week - 1 was the 79 yd TD and the other was a give to Hill for like 12 yds around the edge

we've got to be able to find ways to run the ball that isnt just lamar

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
our best running plays have been with lamar as a threat in the option game with the inverted veer type plays
had 2 i can remember this week - 1 was the 79 yd TD and the other was a give to Hill for like 12 yds around the edge

we've got to be able to find ways to run the ball that isnt just lamar
Totally agree. But I don't know where it comes from. So just like how we say maybe use the pass to establish the run, maybe use Lamar to help establish it as well. What we saw today was pitiful

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Totally agree. But I don't know where it comes from. So just like how we say maybe use the pass to establish the run, maybe use Lamar to help establish it as well. What we saw today was pitiful

if there's one thing we should trust Greg Roman on, it's scheming up the running game

and if it's not about scheme, then pass the ball until they stop you... which likely means they have to drop guys out of the box

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if there's one thing we should trust Greg Roman on, it's scheming up the running game

and if it's not about scheme, then pass the ball until they stop you... which likely means they have to drop guys out of the box
If Greg Roman can't get the running game going, than he's gone and he may be gone anyway.

why would he be gone though - the offence just dominated a good defence, just didnt execute in some key spots
he's known for the running game but if we're carving teams up through the air, why get rid of him?
Because you can't be one dimensional and expect to win against the better teams. If he's the RB game guru and it sucks (albeit not all his fault) then he definitely needs to go.

Question since I was multitasking while watching the game and didn't pay too much attention how many touches did Hill have?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Because you can't be one dimensional and expect to win against the better teams. If he's the RB game guru and it sucks (albeit not all his fault) then he definitely needs to go.

Question since I was multitasking while watching the game and didn't pay too much attention how many touches did Hill have?

right but if he's the run game guru, and he's created a dynamic, unstoppable passing offence the he's maybe the best person for the job
and we've seen dynamic passing offences with very underwhelming running offences go very very deep into the playoffs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
right but if he's the run game guru, and he's created a dynamic, unstoppable passing offence the he's maybe the best person for the job
and we've seen dynamic passing offences with very underwhelming running offences go very very deep into the playoffs
yep...Bills

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

if we cant salt games away with the running game, then we'll have to stay aggressive and potentially win some shootouts

This is concerning lol. Lamar didn't give any positive comment about it getting better. Simply said it's in the past. I'm glad he's a smart player. One who knows you go with what's working but that's not encouraging

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
why would he be gone though - the offence just dominated a good defence, just didnt execute in some key spots
he's known for the running game but if we're carving teams up through the air, why get rid of him?
I'm not talking about just today. I'm talking the entire season. I'm giving him the season to see how he does and then make the call if we need a change and yes there needs to be someone better available.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Expecting this to be another reasonably tough game. Probably harder than the Jets but probably slightly easier than Miami. But then again who knows.

The big question for Roman is how can you get the running game to work?

The big question for MacDonald is how can you get pressure on the QB?