• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and The Injuries (again)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Judon got on my nerves when he was here but now that he’s gone I miss him. He’s probably the chillest dude in the league

he was frustrating because he'd have long stretches where he wouldnt have a bunch of sacks and he sometimes lost contain on the edge

but he was worth the franchise tag we put on him and we've missed him a lot since he left

and he had that ability to just take over a game that can be so helpful as an edge

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Linderbaum, by my count had at least 3 pancakes on sunday
dude's legit

this OL is so good even with it's 4th string LT

and Faalele is gonna be absolutely fine (maybe not vs von miller but as a developmental tackle he's already shown so much)
You definitely weren't a fan of his from our 14th pick. What did you think of taking him where we took him and do you feel he is out performing to this point. Yes, it's only 3 games.

I was a fan of his from where we took him, but didn't want him at 14, although I could have lived with it knowing he probably was going to be a top center in this league for a very long time. I just thought 14 had better options and Kyle Hamilton was one of my favorite players in this draft.

Totally agree with Faalele and when he is ready to start at right tackle, we should be set for a while.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You definitely weren't a fan of his from our 14th pick. What did you think of taking him where we took him and do you feel he is out performing to this point. Yes, it's only 3 games.

I was a fan of his from where we took him, but didn't want him at 14, although I could have lived with it knowing he probably was going to be a top center in this league for a very long time. I just thought 14 had better options and Kyle Hamilton was one of my favorite players in this draft.

Totally agree with Faalele and when he is ready to start at right tackle, we should be set for a while.

i was worried about linderbaum but always said if we took him after a trade down i'd ultimately make my peace with it (we didn't trade down but we did trade back in for him)

he's been everything we could possibly have wanted in him - will have to see how he handles whichever DL for the Bills are healthy

the concern has always been how he deals with those massive athletic behemoths (the kinds of guys who tbf give lots of guys trouble) - vita vea will be a big test when we play the bucs - if he can pass the vita vea, dexter lawrence, bj hill sorts of tests that he'll face over the next month and a bit, then we're in big business

right now he's already shown us he's going to be around for a long long time - how he deals with some like Vea will tell us just how good he is going to be and whether we might be looking at a perennial pro-bowler/all-pro or just a good player

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
he played 9 special teams snaps but idk, i guess i find it hard to justify him being on the active roster for 10 meaningful snaps (9 of which were on special teams)
Maybe this is the slow ramp up? He better get going quick because you cant in good faith add Kolar to this tightened group without making a subtraction

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Linderbaum, by my count had at least 3 pancakes on sunday
dude's legit

this OL is so good even with it's 4th string LT

and Faalele is gonna be absolutely fine (maybe not vs von miller but as a developmental tackle he's already shown so much)
Ain't it crazy that when Lamar is surrounded with an OL that's competent in pass protection, he can do...............you know.............Lamar things??

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ain't it crazy that when Lamar is surrounded with an OL that's competent in pass protection, he can do...............you know.............Lamar things??

he had an elite OL in 2019 - i think people assumed at the time that lamar was doing those guys a bunch of favours and it's only now a few years later that some are realising just how amazing that OL was with Ronnie, Bozeman, Skura, Yanda and Orlando

and behind that elite OL, he was dealing with a 2nd year Andrews, a rookie hollywood with 1 foot, hayden hurst and seth roberts and mark ingram and won a unanimous mvp

andrews in year 5 is better than andrews in year 2, bateman in year 2 is better than 1 legged rookie hollywood, rookie isaiah likely is not the blocker hurst was in year 2 but may well be a better receiver already, duvernay is similar but probably better than seth roberts - RB right now the only place our weapons are not as good as that year and JK can change that as he gets healthier

lamar's better, his weapons are better, his OL is not as good but it's the 2nd best OL he's had since he became the starter (and that's even before you add Ronnie back into the lineup)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

bateman's got that elite release package already - andrews is the 1st read and comes open so lamar's always gonna take that higher percentage throw earlier in the progression (especially with a 4th string LT), but he and bateman are gonna score a bunch of big plays on go balls this year - i really want to see how bateman got open on the deep shot that lamar overthrew by a couple of inches (spencer and cole seem to get the all-22 earlier than everyone else so ill have to wait for either one of them to clip it or until tomorrow when the coaches film will likely be released to the rest of us commoners lol)

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
he had an elite OL in 2019 - i think people assumed at the time that lamar was doing those guys a bunch of favours and it's only now a few years later that some are realising just how amazing that OL was with Ronnie, Bozeman, Skura, Yanda and Orlando

and behind that elite OL, he was dealing with a 2nd year Andrews, a rookie hollywood with 1 foot, hayden hurst and seth roberts and mark ingram and won a unanimous mvp

andrews in year 5 is better than andrews in year 2, bateman in year 2 is better than 1 legged rookie hollywood, rookie isaiah likely is not the blocker hurst was in year 2 but may well be a better receiver already, duvernay is similar but probably better than seth roberts - RB right now the only place our weapons are not as good as that year and JK can change that as he gets healthier

lamar's better, his weapons are better, his OL is not as good but it's the 2nd best OL he's had since he became the starter (and that's even before you add Ronnie back into the lineup)
Right. I was more so comparing our current OL to last season's. The crazy part is that this running game has a potential to get better each week.

Dobbins didn't knock our socks off yesterday, but just by eye test, he looks to be our best RB already (Hill's game notwithstanding). I still have hope that either Robinson or Proche can be that WR3 as Duvernay continue to play like a WR2 so far.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I guess through 3 weeks Hamilton is the highest pff defender? I think a lot of that has to do with probably playing less snaps than the other guys and also maybe not being dinged for Miami? Idk. Either way it's encouraging to see.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
he played 9 special teams snaps but idk, i guess i find it hard to justify him being on the active roster for 10 meaningful snaps (9 of which were on special teams)
Maybe they want to set him with incentives (not sure whether he has any of active roster type) as a thank you before a farewell?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I guess through 3 weeks Hamilton is the highest pff defender? I think a lot of that has to do with probably playing less snaps than the other guys and also maybe not being dinged for Miami? Idk. Either way it's encouraging to see.

PFF will have dinged him for the cover 3 bust, they wont have dinged him for the cover 2 bust which was a miscommunication

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Right. I was more so comparing our current OL to last season's. The crazy part is that this running game has a potential to get better each week.

Dobbins didn't knock our socks off yesterday, but just by eye test, he looks to be our best RB already (Hill's game notwithstanding). I still have hope that either Robinson or Proche can be that WR3 as Duvernay continue to play like a WR2 so far.

he's easing back in - clearly not there yet... but already adds so much value to this team - we havent had a back who's able to make defenders miss in tight space since JK and Gus were injured - in his first game back without full confidence yet in his knee, JK had at least 2 plays where he demonstrated that ability