• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and The Injuries (again)

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Deebo813 and @Sizzle. Both of you need to simmer down. I've been quiet while the two of you are pissing into the pool where my son is swimming. You may think I don't notice, but I can see two yellow streams crashing into that pool~

I just hate that the guy is untouchable here. Start saying some players are doing bad or made a single mistake, and we get called clueless trolls.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just hate that the guy is untouchable here. Start saying some players are doing bad or made a single mistake, and we get called clueless trolls.
yeah, he through a bad interception against the Pats. Of course he makes mistakes, he isn't invincible and none of us hear think he is. He's human. You are just trying to go against he grain just to go against he grain.

Tell us why you think he made a mistake on that pass and didn't see Bateman. Go do some film work.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah, he through a bad interception against the Pats. Of course he makes mistakes, he isn't invincible and none of us hear think he is. He's human. You are just trying to go against he grain just to go against he grain.

Tell us why you think he made a mistake on that pass and didn't see Bateman. Go do some film work.

Because he locks in on Andrews at times. Not much film is needed for that. Don't overthink this one.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yea but lamar didnt see it at all.. the andrews crosser is his fav so im sure its always gonna be his first choice.. to me, pre snap still says bateman will be open vs that cb.. only way it isnt open is if that S rolls over there and immediately as the ball was hiked, you can see the S didnt.. he waited for that andrews route while the bateman route was open well before. Love lamar but i can guarantee you any other top qb wouldve hit bateman there.
Give it time. Let them see these things in film study and build on it. These guys just have not played many games together at all.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
“Don’t overthink” lol dude maybe you need to overthink a thing or two because your approach of putting zero thought into anything isn’t helping you.

Some things don't need thought. It's common sense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Because he locks in on Andrews at times. Not much film is needed for that. Don't overthink this one.

but that's not what happened on that play with andrews

be critical of things that are worthy of criticism... he had a slow start to the jets game and finished that game off by throwing a poor interception into triple coverage

since then he's been basically flawless

even the interception against the pats wasnt really that bad of a play - he led bateman a bit too far but the defender just made a great read and came off his receiver to make a play

it just feels weird that you would complain that lamar's somehow untouchable - he's not - he's just playing that well right now...

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He’s not wrong. There are some that rationalize any mistake into something else.
No player is perfect, and that’s OK. lol
Totally agree that no player is perfect and that they all make mistakes.

I personally disagree that we just let everything slide though. If someone is getting rationalized they're usually in their first 3 years. Everyone else gets scrutinized. See Oliver, Davis, Chuck Clark, Marlon, Boyle, Powers, the list goes on. Maybe in addition to young guys there's a little extra kindness thrown Lamar's way but otherwise I think we're pretty tough on veterans who aren't playing well. We certainly crucify coaches and I've been critical of EDC from a roster construction standpoint.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Naw i dnt think so.. only guess is that he didnt believe bateman would get off that release as quick as he did
and you may be correct as well it's subjective. Does he lock in at times, absolutely as every QB does. Andrews was the first read and he was open on one of the Ravens favorite plays. It's not that he didn't go off this read, it's because he didn't need to go off this read.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Naw i dnt think so.. only guess is that he didnt believe bateman would get off that release as quick as he did
Exactly. You’re asking Lamar to make a throw there that requires an insane amount of trust. That balls gotta be thrown at the very top of his drop with hangtime to hit Bateman, and batemans gotta be his first read for him to even see that release on time, and Bateman most definitely was not his first read. When Lamar is comfortable enough with batemans timing, and Roman is comfortable enough as well, then maybe we see more plays with Bateman as the first read on a fade.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Exactly. You’re asking Lamar to make a throw there that requires an insane amount of trust. That balls gotta be thrown at the very top of his drop with hangtime to hit Bateman, and batemans gotta be his first read for him to even see that release on time, and Bateman most definitely was not his first read. When Lamar is comfortable enough with batemans timing, and Roman is comfortable enough as well, then maybe we see more plays with Bateman as the first read on a fade.

if the safety has different leverage vs andrews and the single high safety cheats down towards him in some sort of bracket coverage then you probably do see lamar take a peak at bateman's release off the snap while andrews is in his route trying to uncover and then he probably does throw the go

but there's literally no qb in the league who's turning down an easy 25 yarder