• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and The Injuries (again)

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Okay this is me mocking (yikes) Anthony Miller and then saying “if not then mark andrews at 16” lol but man i know I fucking posted one with us taking andrews at 16 saying “this pick will give our team a bigger net gain than any other pick regardless of positional value” and I think after a bunch of discussion I deleted and reposted it with this one lol. I remember the pic I used and everything
Holy shit dude nice lol

Simba

Staff Member
Good old Mark Andrews draft takes lol. I was one that was totally wrong on him. He just reminded so much of other failed TEs in previous drafts. I thought he'd be a bust. So glad I was wrong.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The running nfl.com QB index ranking that Gregg Rossenhaul does (I’ve always hated it because it’s all recency bias) put Hurts above Lamar. Their ranking has changed massively since opening week. Nothing really matters until December, let’s keep winning and get healthy

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Actually super interesting that the Patriots thought they could only try and shut down one of Andrews and Bateman and they chose Bateman. Give them credit that they largely did a good job at it as it was there large defensive focus, but it's simply a bad idea to give Andrews easy matchups.

If you really think about it, Andrews was practically the whole receiving offense that game. Bateman only had 2 catches and Duv had 2 catches. There were 4 WR receptions against the Patriots. And we still put up hella points.

Crazy!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Actually super interesting that the Patriots thought they could only try and shut down one of Andrews and Bateman and they chose Bateman. Give them credit that they largely did a good job at it as it was there large defensive focus, but it's simply a bad idea to give Andrews easy matchups.

If you really think about it, Andrews was practically the whole receiving offense that game. Bateman only had 2 catches and Duv had 2 catches. There were 4 WR receptions against the Patriots. And we still put up hella points.

Crazy!

i dont actually think they did that great against bateman either

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i dont actually think they did that great against bateman either
They did in and of the fact that he had 2 catches. That does not mean there weren't major opportunities for him to do damage though.

The WRs group is so interesting. It's absolutely enough to get by, but it's just so incomplete. Bateman really is a 1 and 2022 Duv is a real 3. But like Wallace doesn't get any snaps and Robinson is so idek. He's just not a WR2. Andrews is killer and so the combo of Bateman and Andrews has probably really helped Duv, but just imagine if Hollywood was still in this offense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
They did in and of the fact that he had 2 catches. That does not mean there weren't major opportunities for him to do damage though.

The WRs group is so interesting. It's absolutely enough to get by, but it's just so incomplete. Bateman really is a 1 and 2022 Duv is a real 3. But like Wallace doesn't get any snaps and Robinson is so idek. He's just not a WR2. Andrews is killer and so the combo of Bateman and Andrews has probably really helped Duv, but just imagine if Hollywood was still in this offense.

the fact that bateman didnt have tons of production, to me, is not the same as limiting him - the only reason he didnt have more production is because the ravens were killing them in other parts of the field and because lamar overthrew bateman by like 3 inches on a go ball - he catches that and he's over 100 yds again

in terms of the group though - Duv is 100% benefitting from the attention that andrews and bateman are getting - still has taken him stepping up in a big way to take advantage but he's definitely getting better looks as the 3rd option

the idea of hollywood with this receiving group is nuts... but... we'd be without linderbaum who's already the best C we've had in a long time through only 3 games

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
the fact that bateman didnt have tons of production, to me, is not the same as limiting him - the only reason he didnt have more production is because the ravens were killing them in other parts of the field and because lamar overthrew bateman by like 3 inches on a go ball - he catches that and he's over 100 yds again

in terms of the group though - Duv is 100% benefitting from the attention that andrews and bateman are getting - still has taken him stepping up in a big way to take advantage but he's definitely getting better looks as the 3rd option

the idea of hollywood with this receiving group is nuts... but... we'd be without linderbaum who's already the best C we've had in a long time through only 3 games
Totally agree. They did their best to limit him, they did ok. Better than the Jets and Dolphins. Linderbaum has been a God send. Would take him over Hollywood every time. But it would be insane if he was still here. Here's to hoping James Proche can be better than DRob. I think there's a non zero chance of that

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
01057BE6-3F5A-4E94-83CE-A02AD8CE7737.jpeg

Guess we know he ain’t taking no deer antler sprays

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

Since Birk