• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and The Injuries (again)

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
was always a choice between managing it and having the surgery
was left up to the player because the decision has/had long-term repercussions

As a fan, it sucks. But long term health and career… he’s making the right choice.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As a fan, it sucks. But long term health and career… he’s making the right choice.

100% - and also, just looking at the future, if he had to have offseason surgery we have to carry his 6m cap hit in 2023 probably as guaranteed through injury

at least this way we can be basically 100% sure he's going to be ready to go next september... it sucks that it happened this way especially given how well he was playing

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I had him as a TE with 1st round talent that would probably be drafted in the 2nd round. In the end we got lucky and now have him signed at a very reasonable price. Thank god he didn't wait until the offseason to sign an extension.

You lying or you the second coming of Ozzie. Post receipt!
I'm a couple days late, but I'm still riding on my high of mocking Marlon Humphrey to the Ravens in 2017.

I think that post had like 30 downvotes because of that pick.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Actually super interesting that the Patriots thought they could only try and shut down one of Andrews and Bateman and they chose Bateman. Give them credit that they largely did a good job at it as it was there large defensive focus, but it's simply a bad idea to give Andrews easy matchups.

If you really think about it, Andrews was practically the whole receiving offense that game. Bateman only had 2 catches and Duv had 2 catches. There were 4 WR receptions against the Patriots. And we still put up hella points.

Crazy!
I remember ahead of the Bills-Giants Super Bowl, everyone thought that Bill Belicheck would try to shut down Thurman Thomas since Thomas was the driving force of the Bills offense, but Bill Belicheck sold out to stop the pass and dared Thurman Thomas to beat them.

He works in mysterious ways at times, but I think he's one of the great defensive minds, so I can't argue against him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm a couple days late, but I'm still riding on my high of mocking Marlon Humphrey to the Ravens in 2017.

btw, when is your screen name going to change to 29BmoreBird44

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tim Williams... there's a name.

I had such high hopes for that guy.

was all about the mental with him - there was a moment where it looked like it was clicking but he couldnt get his life together off the field and it torpedoed

it's wild that he was the guy who looked more promising than bowser early from that class and wondering what this pass rush could have looked like (really thought he'd be the next one after ZDS in 2015 and Judon in 2016)

feels like EDGE has become our new WR where we're not hitting much - ironically though it feels worse than WR because we've taken some day 2 swings where we hadnt taken many high swings at WR before Hollywood

hopefully oweh and ojabo change things

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I remember ahead of the Bills-Giants Super Bowl, everyone thought that Bill Belicheck would try to shut down Thurman Thomas since Thomas was the driving force of the Bills offense, but Bill Belicheck sold out to stop the pass and dared Thurman Thomas to beat them.

He works in mysterious ways at times, but I think he's one of the great defensive minds, so I can't argue against him.
I remember that game. One of the best Super Bowls and damn those Bills for losing.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
me and i think a few others - i thought he could be a high level guard with some tackle upside
yes at guard, but wasn't a fan of him at tackle. Was afraid we would take him in the 1st round. I'm so happy we went with Humphrey. I was watching a lot of tape on him and remember talking to @29BmoreBird22 and @JoeyFlex5 about him. I had the Seattle Seahawks that year in the Forum Mock and wanted him badly. He was taken two picks before the 'hawks were on the clock and I ended up with Tre'Davious White.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I know I upvoted that one. RTR!

Apart from CJ Mosley, who everybody mocked to us, my two first round hits were Stanley and Perriman.

Sometimes it's good, sometimes not.