• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I know he exited the game, but Bateman needs the Football more. I know he had his drops but let's be real here, he's by far and away the teams #1 and best WR. You don't just turn away from him because of drops; you don't have many options. Hopefully he's back sunday, with the lack of depth and talent at WR this guy should be getting 10+ targets a game. I can't even argue for a more evenly dispursed target share for the WRs when Proche has been a no-show and we know Robinson isn't worth a bevy of targets. At this point our top two guys are Bateman and Duvernay, they need the football more. It's really starting to get annoying.
I thought the same thing, only I thought it about Andrews. To me Andrews this season has been the most reliable passing target and he had less targets than Bateman.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

morgan moses has got caught lunging like this a few times this season - happened a few times in short yardage vs the dolphins too
he's played well at times, and has been pretty good in pass pro but has been guilty of being the guy who's missed his block multiple times now in some high leverage short yardage situations

It would be kind of a tell but maybe if Stanley can play at high level on the left side we could use Faalele at RT on yhr goaline when we want to punch it in

rossihunter2

Staff Member

you can see dafe doesnt even try to really tackle him here and that ball actually moves...

i get why people are upset but i sincerely doubt that singletary doesnt go down before the goal-line (he's not an idiot) - look at how he's carrying the ball and he's basically going down before odafe even gets there

feel like his options were either go for the strip or try and carry him into the endzone

this dude really has a feel for the punch out... i cant believe he actually nearly stripped this - he nearly won us the game there

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i guess idk that i agree that the bills really stopped us...
i wish we'd run the ball a little in the 2nd half when the conditions got worse - the bills used allen in the running game in key spots and i think the ravens could have done more with lamar

but also we had a poor 2nd half in terms of execution - there were plays there and available that would have been huge daggers to the bills and we just didnt execute - bateman's slant that he dropped and might have housed, hill's big run where his hamstring went was gonna be a huge play, lamar missing duvernay wide open in the endzone on that final play on offence - that's 3 potential massive plays that turn into maybe TDs that became 0 points - idk what adjustment the bills made but those plays still happened

if he's talking about personnel based tells then sure - but they should have been able to work a bunch of that stuff out before the game even started

it's not like other teams don't repeat plays a lot lol
I really dnt believe von miller lol.. he trying to make it seem like they won the game because they knew our plays from repetitiveness.. that wasnt the case at all

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

... i cant believe he actually nearly stripped this - he nearly won us the game there

But he didn’t strip it and he didn’t win the game for us. He has a bad game and now we’re desperately trying to save face because he is our only real pass rushing threat.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But he didn’t strip it and he didn’t win the game for us. He has a bad game and now we’re desperately trying to save face because he is our only real pass rushing threat.

did he have a bad game though?
he had a bunch of pressures, a sack and a turnover, nearly had a second turnover there too

i get that people are disappointed with him, but it's got ridiculous - he just had a great sack in week 4, which is what people have been asking for but now that he didnt get 3 and 2 strips people are even more out than they were last week

i get that almost doesnt mean anything in the accounting at the end but that doesnt erase everything else that happened

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
he had a bunch of pressures, a sack and a turnover, nearly had a second turnover there too

i get that people are disappointed with him, but it's got ridiculous - he just had a great sack in week 4, which is what people have been asking for but now that he didnt get 3 and 2 strips people are even more out than they were last week

i get that almost doesnt mean anything in the accounting at the end but that doesnt erase everything else that happened
No the issue with him has been losing contain and totally failing to bring QBs down when he has the opportunity to do so. Especially in critical situations. Like it would be one thing to be kinda low stat if he made a few splash plays here and there. But outside of the one strip (which is great) last game, he's been silent. Constant loses when rushing. Especially the spin the move. Then when he does win, again sometimes in critical situations, he just doesn't bring the QB down. Each of those times going for chain moving 3rd downs. He has like 4 or more of those this year.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I view it similar to Hamilton, thought not as much magnitude. There's just plays where I expect him to get Allen to the ground that turned out to be significant plays that he didn't execute on.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im still not over it, and you better believe everyone in Cincinnati is expecting a win and is not even concerned about us. They don’t think we can stop their offense and they are not afraid of Lamar and think they’ll shut him down like the Bills did. The Ravens better win next week.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
surprised 2021 was better than 2019. Really surprised actually.
They’re not weighted on criticality though. To me it’s the 2019 Titans playoff game, the multiple 2021 failures (Steelers, Packers, Rams?) and now this year, I would have thought the 2019 playoff game would have been enough to reevaluate this approach.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They’re not weighted on criticality though. To me it’s the 2019 Titans playoff game, the multiple 2021 failures (Steelers, Packers, Rams?) and now this year, I would have thought the 2019 playoff game would have been enough to reevaluate this approach.
I mean... if you're literally making long term decisions based on a one game sample size of literally anything, then you deserve to be fired for incompetence.

Again, I didn't like the call, but I think its pretty telling that not a single fan I've seen has the balls or the confidence to stand up and say "yes, I think our defense was going to stop Buffalo from getting a FG or a TD on that last drive". Literally not heard a single person say that.

I think if anybody objectively "ranked" the likelihood of outcomes that occur after kicking a FG to take a 23-20 lead, I'd say they'd be ranked in this order:
a) we go to OT
b) we lose 27-23
c) we win in regulation

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im still not over it, and you better believe everyone in Cincinnati is expecting a win and is not even concerned about us. They don’t think we can stop their offense and they are not afraid of Lamar and think they’ll shut him down like the Bills did. The Ravens better win next week.
Ehh, I'd like a win, but I'm not super concerned about a loss either. Again, I've seen all these teams play, and there's very few that impress me at the moment, and that includes teams in our own division.

Realistically, if Bateman can't go, it'll be a problem. Cincy's defense isn't anywhere close to as good as Buffalo's, and I think we'll be able to run the ball better than before. But obviously the hope is we can get pressure on Burrow and limit the big plays, which was our achilles heel with Cincy last year.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

you can see dafe doesnt even try to really tackle him here and that ball actually moves...

i get why people are upset but i sincerely doubt that singletary doesnt go down before the goal-line (he's not an idiot) - look at how he's carrying the ball and he's basically going down before odafe even gets there

feel like his options were either go for the strip or try and carry him into the endzone

this dude really has a feel for the punch out... i cant believe he actually nearly stripped this - he nearly won us the game there

I wish I didn’t see this. Damn it, he almost did it

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean... if you're literally making long term decisions based on a one game sample size of literally anything, then you deserve to be fired for incompetence.

Again, I didn't like the call, but I think its pretty telling that not a single fan I've seen has the balls or the confidence to stand up and say "yes, I think our defense was going to stop Buffalo from getting a FG or a TD on that last drive". Literally not heard a single person say that.

I think if anybody objectively "ranked" the likelihood of outcomes that occur after kicking a FG to take a 23-20 lead, I'd say they'd be ranked in this order:
a) we go to OT
b) we lose 27-23
c) we win in regulation
I know it’s Michael Irvin but I actually agree with his rationale for taking the 3. Give your defense that squandered a big lead against Miami the chance to close out a game at home in front of their fans, I think this is why Peters was so upset.

But yea it’s sad that no one can stand up and say that. Hell I can’t even say anything changes if they get the ball at the 2

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ehh, I'd like a win, but I'm not super concerned about a loss either. Again, I've seen all these teams play, and there's very few that impress me at the moment, and that includes teams in our own division.

Realistically, if Bateman can't go, it'll be a problem. Cincy's defense isn't anywhere close to as good as Buffalo's, and I think we'll be able to run the ball better than before. But obviously the hope is we can get pressure on Burrow and limit the big plays, which was our achilles heel with Cincy last year.
Need to contain Trey Hendrickson speed rush too, and not sure I trust our big guy to handle it

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can you imagine how much further along Lamar and our offense would be if Andy Reid was our coach all along instead of Harbaugh? I really have been over Harbaugh for a while now.

I would kill for Andy Reid or Kyle Shanahan.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know it’s Michael Irvin but I actually agree with his rationale for taking the 3. Give your defense that squandered a big lead against Miami the chance to close out a game at home in front of their fans, I think this is why Peters was so upset.

But yea it’s sad that no one can stand up and say that. Hell I can’t even say anything changes if they get the ball at the 2
I kind of laughed at Peters getting upset. Like, really, what are you mad about? Why don't you just stop them from scoring? You should be mad that the defense didn't do that, at all, for like 5/6 drives.

Can be mad that the offense did nothing for close to 3 quarters, but can't be mad that John didn't trust you and that you validated his lack of trust by giving up an 80 yard game winning drive to end the game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

a) we go to OT
b) we lose 27-23
c) we win in regulation
I feel like the idea of a fg winning it completely hinges on another fluke turnover thanks to the weather, problem is I don’t think we could’ve executed even if they gave us the opportunity.

The defense flat out choked and I don’t blame the coaches, the offense flat out choked and I don’t blame the coaches. This was a really shit game from both sides for 3 quarters. I think the players were bound to lose it no matter what the coaches did, they lost their ability to execute midway through the second, for whatever reason, but they had a million chances to put the game away with just a few routine tackles and a pick that hit us square in both hands, and they blew all of them.

I don’t get why so many people can’t see an absolute meltdown lol, when it’s Kyle hamilton missing an assignment in week 2 he’s a bust, but when our first rounders in years 2 and 3 blow plays this badly it’s the coaches? Nah.