• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Such a gutless performance in the 2nd half at home..............AGAIN. With the Browns and Steelers losing, we could've had the division lead. If not for the Dolphins choke, we would've slowly pulled away from the division.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
scoreboard is a liar - the bills carved us open on that last drive - the 3 points wouldnt have been enough and harbs knew it
I get it but I’m just going with Tucker instead of trying the best defense in the league

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our defense is going to waste Lamar's INCREDIBLE season. This team is pathetic.... bring on Sean Payton in 2023.
The defense held one of the best offenses in the NFL to 23 points. In this specific game the offense failed to put away the game due to stalled drives, turnovers, and turning a turnover into just a field goal.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Going for it says he wasn't actually confident in the defense

Which is weird because I thought the defense looked okay. Obviously they were not dominant but they were playing the Bills and were containing them. I would have bet on the defense to at the very least keep them to 3 versus betting on the offense to convert in that weather.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Which is weird because I thought the defense looked okay. Obviously they were not dominant but they were playing the Bills and were containing them. I would have bet on the defense to at the very least keep them to 3 versus betting on the offense to convert in that weather.
Maybe, but recently it feels like they can't get a stop unless they get a turnover

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar not reading the wide open receiver in the corner of the end zone quick enough cost us a td . Instead he got picked.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t understand what happened with the offense. They looked so comfortable and in rhythm initially . Very curious what the film shows

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
scoreboard is a liar - the bills carved us open on that last drive - the 3 points wouldnt have been enough and harbs knew it
Yeah to me the whole game is as simple as this.

The weather was awful and both offenses were plagued with dropped passes. The Ravens defense was bad the entire game. Anyone that looks at the fact that the Bills weren't moving it early and thinks that's because we were playing good defense was clearly not paying attention to the constant drive ending drops. As crazy as it is, Crowder got hurt and therefore in the second half they stopped dropping passes and scored 20 points.

The Ravens offense was not as effective as it should've been. That's mostly because of unforced penalties and mistakes made by Lamar. Missed Andrews, threw the interception when he shouldn't have.

If anyone thinks Harbs was wrong for going for it, you just would have lost 27 - 23. It was pretty obvious the defense was incapable of stopping them and a TD was your only hope.

This game is SQUARELY on Oweh, Queen, and Lamar. The refs didn't help.

marklar

Pro Bowler
So unnecessary

Good: Dobbins 1st half, Hill 2ng half. Duvernay as every week. Madubuike's run defense. The 4 starting DBs

Bad: everything about the 4th down play. Queen with another giftwrappen int dropped, Stephens (even if it is a questionable call, do not fucking touch him there. Understand the situation). The pass rush. Batemans drop-a-mania. Lindenbaum w 3 penalties

General: looks like Father Time vs Bynes 1-0. Stout looked great initially, now i miss Koch

Reactions: cdp

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Here's my problem with this thinking. With at least 3 you force them to either play for the win or OT. If they go for the td we most likely have a chance to get the ball back at least.that and the offense was at the 1 in 1st down and moved back. Nothing there says we should have gone for it.