• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah, I’m not sure why everyone isn’t seeing this. Lamar and the offense sucked starting at the end of the first half, and pretty much all of the second half, that’s where the game was lost.
Respectfully disagree. Sure the O played some part but this D couldn't stop a damn thing the whole 2nd half.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Respectfully disagree. Sure the O played some part but this D couldn't stop a damn thing the whole 2nd half.
They couldn't stop first half either. They got bailed out by 5 drops, 1 tipped ball that got intercepted, and one fumble. It's just second half they decided to not drop balls and play cleaner ball. The defense was never actually good

Simba

Staff Member
They couldn't stop first half either. They got bailed out by 5 drops, 1 tipped ball that got intercepted, and one fumble. It's just second half they decided to not drop balls and play cleaner ball. The defense was never actually good
I don't think they were lights out in the first half by any means but they were putting up a respectable performance. Lots of guys getting to the ball and getting to it fast which is the reason there were turnovers and missed plays by Buffalo.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Before the game if you told me the D would hold the Bills to 27 I would say we win.

You can’t go scoreless for 40 minutes and expect to win the game. It’s obvious we were thoroughly outplayed on offense, including the QB position, that’s why we lost.

Reactions: cdp

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
They only coach that should be on the hotseat is MM. And the seat should be hot. No coordinator has done worse with as a talented a group and game positions as him. 2 three score leads blown. That alone is unacceptable in and of itself. Toss in letting Flacco throw on us all day and even Mac Jones. Just 4 bad performances really. Obviously differing degrees of bad but all bad

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
They only coach that should be on the hotseat is MM. And the seat should be hot. No coordinator has done worse with as a talented a group and game positions as him. 2 three score leads blown. That alone is unacceptable in and of itself. Toss in letting Flacco throw on us all day and even Mac Jones. Just 4 bad performances really. Obviously differing degrees of bad but all bad

And who keeps hiring these awful coordinators?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Another short field after turnover we weren't able to convert to TD today.

Also, Lamar definitely can't pass well consistently on a wet day.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Well, there's more vindication for @Sizzle and others who have questioned Harb's ability to adjust. I like the guy, but I've been critical of him before and will continue to be. He needs to give that gd challenge flag to someone deep on the bench like the waterboy. He challenges those damn placement calls and loses them almost always. It's the least winnable challenge in the NFL, so why, if he's into analytics, does he continue to throw that flag? Cost us stopping the clock. Also, when you are behind, if you really believe in your DEF and it's not just coach-speak lip-service, you kick the field goal. You don't know how the DEF would have played with a lead. Coaching and the OFF lost this game. The refs are never good, but I refuse to hang a L on them. Our OFF scored no points and barely moved the ball in the 2nd half with turnovers. No need to blame the zebras.

Simba

Staff Member
Before the game if you told me the D would hold the Bills to 27 I would say we win.

You can’t go scoreless for 40 minutes and expect to win the game. It’s obvious we were thoroughly outplayed on offense, including the QB position, that’s why we lost.
Not excusing the O but that was a piss poor defensive performance in half 2 and there's really no debate about that. Blame the O as much as you want but there's a consistent issue with this team this year and it's not on that side of the ball.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thanks. From the outside it looks like MM just doesn't adjust once our opponent figures out what we do on defense. Obviously he's young and he still has to learn,but this can't happen every other week.