• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

Now we going to see this back and forth between all of us at purple flock. It's the Os fault, No its the Ds fault.
It was BOTH! The offense stalled the second half and Lamar made some bad decisions. The D again can't make a stop when they really need it. Giving up 3 score leads would be unimaginable with the Ravens in the past.

Harbaugh with his analytical BS is losing more then winning. He's going to lose the locker room of he hasn't already. 5 home losses, something has to change.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah to me the whole game is as simple as this.

The weather was awful and both offenses were plagued with dropped passes. The Ravens defense was bad the entire game. Anyone that looks at the fact that the Bills weren't moving it early and thinks that's because we were playing good defense was clearly not paying attention to the constant drive ending drops. As crazy as it is, Crowder got hurt and therefore in the second half they stopped dropping passes and scored 20 points.

The Ravens offense was not as effective as it should've been. That's mostly because of unforced penalties and mistakes made by Lamar. Missed Andrews, threw the interception when he shouldn't have.

If anyone thinks Harbs was wrong for going for it, you just would have lost 27 - 23. It was pretty obvious the defense was incapable of stopping them and a TD was your only hope.

This game is SQUARELY on Oweh, Queen, and Lamar. The refs didn't help.
I agree entirely.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Now we going to see this back and forth between all of us at purple flock. It's the Os fault, No its the Ds fault.
It was BOTH! The offense stalled the second half and Lamar made some bad decisions. The D again can't make a stop when they really need it. Giving up 3 score leads would be unimaginable with the Ravens in the past.

Harbaugh with his analytical BS is losing more then winning. He's going to lose the locker room of he hasn't already. 5 home losses, something has to change.
Harbaugh didn't lose this game. I already posted this. The defense is atrocious, Queen and Oweh in particular contributing negatively every week. And somehow this was Owehs best game lmao. And then whereas Lamar has helped to get into 30s, he fucked up 2 huge occasions. The Andrews should be TD and the Duv int. It's not that complicated

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Harbaugh didn't lose this game. I already posted this. The defense is atrocious, Queen and Oweh in particular contributing negatively every week. And somehow this was Owehs best game lmao. And then whereas Lamar has helped to get into 30s, he fucked up 2 huge occasions. The Andrews should be TD and the Duv int. It's not that complicated
The defense wasn't that bad overall today. We kept one of the best offenses in the league to 23 poits. We have to blame the offense also.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Can't beat Bills with one good quarter of football.

Penalties killed the momentum in the 2nd quarter, then OC needlessly forced some passing in these conditions. McDonald does not seem to be able to adjust, or if he does, players aren't doing it.

HC again with a mind boggling 4th down call and another gifted TO on a stupid challenge.

I think I'm done hoping Queen can become a good linebacker.

Without Pierce, we need to sign Brandon Williams back to clog the space in the middle, then other might win some battles on the edge.

Glad Dobbins is making good progress. Tough one on Justice, hope it's not too bad.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I agree entirely.
It's sad this was the case because it means just any number of single plays going differently and you win. If Lamar hits Andrews. If Lamar gets the ball to Duv faster when he was wide open. If Lamar hits Davis instead. If Queen picks off Allen on the easiest interception ever. If Oweh actually just tackles Allen on the 4th down. If even one of those things happens, it's an ugly win but a win nonetheless. The biggest problem is this team is soft as shit because it doesn't have any LBs.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
To me this lose rests on the shoulders of Jerome Boger and Greg Roman. The refs were incredibly biased towards the Bills, letting them get away with everything while they called us for every little foul they could find. But Greg Roman's inability to adjust to what the Bills were doing on defense with their blitzes caused us to lose this game

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can't beat Bills with one good quarter of football.

Penalties killed the momentum in the 2nd quarter, then OC needlessly forced some passing in these conditions. McDonald does not seem to be able to adjust, or if he does, players aren't doing it.

HC again with a mind boggling 4th down call and another gifted TO on a stupid challenge.

I think I'm done hoping Queen can become a good linebacker.

Without Pierce, we need to sign Brandon Williams back to clog the space in the middle, then other might win some battles on the edge.

Glad Dobbins is making good progress. Tough one on Justice, hope it's not too bad.
Queen is definitely done. He won't even get the 5th year option.

I'm all for going for it on 4th down when it calls for it, but when the offense isn't doing well and hasn't been in the red zone since the 2nd quarter, you take the damn points and hope your defense can hold them.

I agree, would like to sign Brandon Williams.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The defense wasn't that bad overall today. We kept one of the best offenses in the league to 23 poits. We have to blame the offense also.
I'm not, not blaming the offense. I've noted multiple times their total lack of discipline on penalties and Lamar making mistakes he doesn't ordinarily were huge offenders in this loss. That's why I say if your defense was atrocious and your offense was littered with errors of course you're gonna lose. That's not on Harbs late game decision.

But the only reason we limited to 23 is because Crowder and McKenzie took an entire half away from the Bills with drops.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
To me this lose rests on the shoulders of Jerome Boger and Greg Roman. The refs were incredibly biased towards the Bills, letting them get away with everything while they called us for every little foul they could find. But Greg Roman's inability to adjust to what the Bills were doing on defense with their blitzes caused us to lose this game
My guy this couldn't be farther from Romans fault.

Harb got his contract extension. He’s set. Fire his ass. Stevie B need to read the room and can his BFF

If he keeps losing like this at home SB will have no choice but to fire him. These are history making meltdowns For this franchise.

Simba

Staff Member
Another ugly game.

Offense sputtered after a pretty good start and then put no points on the board after the first half. I know we probably lose anyways but you 100% take the points there and force them into a win or tie decision and hope you get a chance to win it in OT if they choose the latter.

Defense started so strong with a chip on their shoulder and then just came out flat in half 2. Allen was carving us up all half. Tackling was shoddy and so many overpursuits and bad angles. Going for the TD showed the lack of trust in this unit right now.

Lamar was about to slam his helmet too but he stopped himself idk if yall caught that. When you have the leader of the O and one of the top dudes on D pissed off like that there is definitely going to be tension between coaching staff and players.

Tank

Hall of Famer
The defense held one of the best offenses in the NFL to 23 points. In this specific game the offense failed to put away the game due to stalled drives, turnovers, and turning a turnover into just a field goal.
Yeah, I’m not sure why everyone isn’t seeing this. Lamar and the offense sucked starting at the end of the first half, and pretty much all of the second half, that’s where the game was lost.

Simba

Staff Member
Patrick Queen is so frustrating too. Dude can shoot a gap and close like no one's business but it feels like it's always the wrong gap or he over pursues.