• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Orlando Brown Jr. and Mark Andrews

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
it was understandable for brown to drop a little bit just based on how historically bad the combine was - for him to drop to the late 3rd is ridiculous but im thankful that he did - and in a way i think given his landing spot he might be too

I know. Heck people were mocking him to us at 16. Its just shockin to me that Miller was taken so high and it had to be cuz of his combine numbers. Figgered both would go in the 2nd rd. I consider us lucky and imo Brown is a steal and is perfect as a roadgrader on the right side.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know. Heck people were mocking him to us at 16. Its just shockin to me that Miller was taken so high and it had to be cuz of his combine numbers. Figgered both would go in the 2nd rd. I consider us lucky and imo Brown is a steal and is perfect as a roadgrader on the right side.

kolton miller has enormous upside but is also one of the most boom-bust players in the class
it seems the attitude of jon gruden's raiders is that they were taking only boom-bust chances this year through their draft:

• Kolton Miller - boom-bust measurables/athletic prospect with not great tape but who they will imagine will play left tackle
  • PJ Hall - great small school prospect but he's a seriously small small-school prospect and wasnt even invited to the combine - id be surprised if they got any immediate impact out of him
  • Arden Key - the ultimate boom-bust player in the draft - all the playing potential in the world but who knows if this guy will put it together
  • Braden Smith - another developmental player and another tackle - they gave up 3 picks for this guy too
  • Nick Nelson - good corner prospect but is injured - might not play at all in training camp
  • Maurice Hurst - 1st round talent, clearly one of the top 3 DL but has a potential heart issue that might see him never play a down
  • on top of that they also traded a 3rd round pick for 1 year of Martavis Bryant who's obviously a risk given his suspensions
  • and then they swap a productive (if unexciting) DL in Jihad Ward for Ryan Switzer a tiny slot wr with no production in the NFL yet...
it is the very definition of boom-bust drafting so i wouldnt take their evaluations as a good barometer

that being said i did always assume miller would get taken ahead of brown just on the potential athleticism and ability to play left tackle but brown's slide makes him an ideal fit here

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
kolton miller has enormous upside but is also one of the most boom-bust players in the class
it seems the attitude of jon gruden's raiders is that they were taking only boom-bust chances this year through their draft:

• Kolton Miller - boom-bust measurables/athletic prospect with not great tape but who they will imagine will play left tackle
  • PJ Hall - great small school prospect but he's a seriously small small-school prospect and wasnt even invited to the combine - id be surprised if they got any immediate impact out of him
  • Arden Key - the ultimate boom-bust player in the draft - all the playing potential in the world but who knows if this guy will put it together
  • Braden Smith - another developmental player and another tackle - they gave up 3 picks for this guy too
  • Nick Nelson - good corner prospect but is injured - might not play at all in training camp
  • Maurice Hurst - 1st round talent, clearly one of the top 3 DL but has a potential heart issue that might see him never play a down
  • on top of that they also traded a 3rd round pick for 1 year of Martavis Bryant who's obviously a risk given his suspensions
  • and then they swap a productive (if unexciting) DL in Jihad Ward for Ryan Switzer a tiny slot wr with no production in the NFL yet...
it is the very definition of boom-bust drafting so i wouldnt take their evaluations as a good barometer

that being said i did always assume miller would get taken ahead of brown just on the potential athleticism and ability to play left tackle but brown's slide makes him an ideal fit here
Braden Smith is definitely a guard

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Braden Smith is definitely a guard
That was Brandon Parker, not Smith

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Brown fits our requirements perfectly. We got rid of the Zuttah and Wagner types to beef up our offensive line. His combine numbers didn't concern me, it was his lack of effort during the combine.
I'm not high on K.Miller especially after Geoff Schwartz' statements and film study on twitter.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Brown fits our requirements perfectly. We got rid of the Zuttah and Wagner types to beef up our offensive line. His combine numbers didn't concern me, it was his lack of effort during the combine.
I'm not high on K.Miller especially after Geoff Schwartz' statements and film study on twitter.
Miller has some horrible issues. His pass set is a mess from start to finish