• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Orlando Brown Jr. and Mark Andrews

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Now I’m pissed we didn’t draft Hercules Mata’afa. We could’ve had two gods and a demi god up in here.
me too, why the fuck couldnt we have taken a flyer on him? hes gonna be the steal of 2018, along with cedrick wilson and auden tate

Of all the picks the one I'm least on board on is the Mark Andrews pick. Now I know I mocked him to us in round 2 a while ago but after a while I've kind of fell off him. He def knows how to find those soft spots and moves well for a guy his size but there's a lack of speed on film. I just don't see a gear in him and that's kind of the issue for me. I'm honestly concerned as to how his game will translate at the next level.

Love the Brown pick, don't expect him to start but his potential is loaded.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Of all the picks the one I'm least on board on is the Mark Andrews pick. Now I know I mocked him to us in round 2 a while ago but after a while I've kind of fell off him. He def knows how to find those soft spots and moves well for a guy his size but there's a lack of speed on film. I just don't see a gear in him and that's kind of the issue for me. I'm honestly concerned as to how his game will translate at the next level.

He's pitta like, Has excellent feel for beating zone, positions and angles off well, and has pretty sure hands.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I like that we grabbed Orlando Brown and hope he turns into a great RT. My on disappointment in the draft is that I was hoping to grab someone that could step in at LT if ever needed, because Yanda has done well sliding to RT when needed. I still worry about depth on our o-line at Tackle and Center. I guess we have Hurst but he has not done well at Tackle.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like that we grabbed Orlando Brown and hope he turns into a great RT. My on disappointment in the draft is that I was hoping to grab someone that could step in at LT if ever needed, because Yanda has done well sliding to RT when needed. I still worry about depth on our o-line at Tackle and Center. I guess we have Hurst but he has not done well at Tackle.

If Brown is able to become a great RT then who's to say that he won't be able to step in at LT for a few games, if necessary? At the very least, he should be a better option there than Hurst.

He's pitta like, Has excellent feel for beating zone, positions and angles off well, and has pretty sure hands.
I always thought Pitta was more athletic then given credit for. I’ve seen the comparison between him and Andrews athletically before but I think he just looks a step slower then Pitta on film.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know orlando brown said he want to get to 325 but i think one of the things that made him so dominant in dealing with bullrush was his weight. Why not just stick with 335-340 but a bit more muscle. he;s 6'8. 340 is ideal for that height.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know orlando brown said he want to get to 325 but i think one of the things that made him so dominant in dealing with bullrush was his weight. Why not just stick with 335-340 but a bit more muscle. he;s 6'8. 340 is ideal for that height.

I guess we’ll see he himself said that it was his target at the moment but that the team hadn’t really discussed it or gone through it with him yet - the team may still decide 340 is a good weight if they can add muscle - or they might agree with him - we don’t really know yet

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

if his speed is the onlu concern, that should be good. Atleast he can catch cause it seems like werent used to that from our wrs....... anyway, i just watched maybe like 20 more mins of him and man, either he has a great football qb iq or he mustve been well coached over there at Oklahoma

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

His game doesn't need speed, he's slippery in zone coverage, he sneaks into open holes better than any wr or TE in this class, he is so crafty and aware. There are 3 prospects I've seen that made me think "this guy just gets open, always" and that's amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, and mark Andrews. Mentally they're just on another level than the college defenders

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mark andrews ran a 4.58 at the combine.

Height: 6051
Weight: 260
40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
20 Yrd Dash: 2.75
10 Yrd Dash: 1.54

that 1.54 is an elite number for a 10 yard dash. heck 1.54 at 260 pounds is fantastic. to put that in perspective myles garrett who is 270 pounds had a 10 yard dash of 1.63 and a 40 yard time of 4.64

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yeah I agree. To be at 340 is already impressive in itself. He was 460 when he arrived in Oklahoma... like you said putting on some muscle should be the priority.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And still somehow fumbles through an on-air gig too.
Still pissed at what should be called the immaculate deception instead of reception. It wouldn’t even be a name game if Kenny Stabler hadn’t had a long run to put them ahead. Always loved the Snake.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thinking about it its amazing Brown dropped to the 3rd. Is the combine that important to where imo an inferior player like Kolton Miller who killed the combine was drafted before our 1st pick and Brown of course bombed and dropped like one. I understand Miller might be more viewed as an LT but still.......... Brown is way better on film. I thought Brown was worth least a 2nd. Maybe Gruden just bat shit crazy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thinking about it its amazing Brown dropped to the 3rd. Is the combine that important to where imo an inferior player like Kolton Miller who killed the combine was drafted before our 1st pick and Brown of course bombed and dropped like one. I understand Miller might be more viewed as an LT but still.......... Brown is way better on film. I thought Brown was worth least a 2nd. Maybe Gruden just bat shit crazy.

it was understandable for brown to drop a little bit just based on how historically bad the combine was - for him to drop to the late 3rd is ridiculous but im thankful that he did - and in a way i think given his landing spot he might be too