• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Orlando Brown Jr. and Mark Andrews

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need to really max orlando browns ahtletic ability in the gym. Saunders needs to turn him into the best athlete he can possibly be. If he can do that, he'll be a steal because i've never seen anyone bomb a combine like he did and yet dominate so much on tape.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
watching orlando brown on film. i definitely let the combine change my mind, i forgot how good he looked.

upside to this whole combine thing, is that he certainly isnt relying on athleticism like a laremy tunsil or kolton miller, he has skill and awareness, unfortunately though his length and raw power can be leaned on in college, and it appears that he does at time, i often catch him short on his first step and see him relying 100% on those giraffe necks he has for arms.

best part about this, is our OL coaches have been pumping out good talents for years now, if we made rick wagner a top paid RT then we might be able to make zeus jr a goddamn perennial pro bowler, it all depends on how well he takes to coaching. his power and length will make him an immediate upgrade over hurst, and his feet arent terrible but hes gotta take a shitload of reps and get them top notch, he doesnt have plus athleticism, so his form needs to be perfect. him and stanley at RT looks like a good pair of bookends for the long run, alex lewis is a stalwart inside pass protector and looks like hes bulked up a lot for his run blocking. i think skura may be better than expected, not a long term answer but i think hell be serviceable.

if one of goose or eluemenor can get going and pan out before yanda retires, our OL might be decent.

The Raven

Veteran
Tape doesn't lie. Orlando Brown is going to destroy people. There's a chance he won't play til year 2 as he gets into NFL shape but I love this pick.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know who I think of when I see Orlando Brown? Bryant McKinnie. Not necessarily his laziness but more from the natural ability to win his battles

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tape doesn't lie. Orlando Brown is going to destroy people. There's a chance he won't play til year 2 as he gets into NFL shape but I love this pick.

I don't know his shape and I don't care. He could be 50 lbs overweight and he is still less likely to get blown by then Hurst. He is starting year 1 game 1.

Simba

Staff Member
You know who I think of when I see Orlando Brown? Bryant McKinnie. Not necessarily his laziness but more from the natural ability to win his battles

Agreed. I even thought Austin Howard was a similar type of guy who has had plenty of success in the league.

Zeus jr is the only pick I dont like, he can play and wins when he plays ugly but his weight will always be an issue, he lacks discipline with his diet and training habits. Red flags.

And hurst. blocking TEs helped him break out, they were integral to it.

Also Jackson and Collins in a RPO sounds fun, 2 electric runners
Yup, its like basically having two running backs who will embarrass people in the open field.