• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Right, I get that the lower the score the worse, and clearly it takes in the number of injuries, but there has to be more. Because we although we've had a lot of injuries we haven't had the most, but this BUS score has us worst. So what is that extra part of the formula?
If I had to guess it’s probably related to value lost to injuries, rather than strictly quantitative like a “players on ir” or “snaps lost to injuries” type of figure. Maybe WAR lost to injuries or a comparable stat

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If I had to guess it’s probably related to value lost to injuries, rather than strictly quantitative like a “players on ir” or “snaps lost to injuries” type of figure. Maybe WAR lost to injuries or a comparable stat
Yeah I just want to know whatever it is because if it's something like WAR, that would just be so demoralizing to see. Would also completely contradict rmcjackets claim we're not that banged up. But if it's something like just number of games on IR where injuries from last year are significantly contributing, then rmcjacket would be right.

I'm gonna try and figure it out

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah I just want to know whatever it is because if it's something like WAR, that would just be so demoralizing to see. Would also completely contradict rmcjackets claim we're not that banged up. But if it's something like just number of games on IR where injuries from last year are significantly contributing, then rmcjacket would be right.

I'm gonna try and figure it out
As far as quantity we don’t seem to be the most banged up, but the number of snaps that guys like peters, Humphrey, Stanley, and dobbins have missed so far this year probably makes for a pretty lopsided number if you’re calculating a WAR/EPA type of stat

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
As far as quantity we don’t seem to be the most banged up, but the number of snaps that guys like peters, Humphrey, Stanley, and dobbins have missed so far this year probably makes for a pretty lopsided number if you’re calculating a WAR/EPA type of stat
The answer is its proprietary, but the BUS score has predicted the superbowl winner the last 4 years. Super bowl teams usually have above an 89 score.

Varkcus

Practice Squad
For me, Bills game only confirmed what I was pretty sure... we're one of the best teams in the NFL. I'm sure we'll lose more games too, but there's nobody I fear at this point. Buffalo is pretty much the gold standard for how to build an NFL team right now, and they beat us on a last second FG after being down by 17 points.

I'm not concerned. I'd like to see us close some of these games out against better teams, but I think it'll happen soon enough. I'm not saying anybody debilitating personnel issues that basically can't be fixed.

My prediction... we'll head into December at either 7-4 or 8-3. And December/January doesn't look particularly scary to me at the moment. I think we're heading into week 4 of the toughest 4 game stretch on our schedule this year.
I wish I felt that same way. They threw a pick and fumbled on their own 12 yard line and deep in our zone pretty much giving us free points, that's part of why we had a big lead.

I don't see that happening again and when it mattered they shut us down and we couldn't stop Allen once they got rolling.

If we have to go through Buffalo, it will be a much different environment. We had our chance handed to us and couldn't close it out. I really hope that game doesn't come back to haunt us.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wish I felt that same way. They threw a pick and fumbled on their own 12 yard line and deep in our zone pretty much giving us free points, that's part of why we had a big lead.

I don't see that happening again and when it mattered they shut us down and we couldn't stop Allen once they got rolling.

If we have to go through Buffalo, it will be a much different environment. We had our chance handed to us and couldn't close it out. I really hope that game doesn't come back to haunt us.
True, but if you're expecting to beat them in a straight up personnel matchup, its not going to happen anyways.

Same thing with the Giants game. We dominated them pretty much every possible way. Better offense, better defense, etc. Yet the game comes down to us making sloppy turnovers and a kick return for field position.

That's football. In games between two close teams, it rarely comes down to just offense vs defense and who plays better.