• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I can only hope he isn't in Harbaugh's doghouse because of the screaming match against the Bills. It would be tremendously disappointing if it turns out he is.

If anyone ever remember the days when Derrick Mason was around then you probably will remember him and Mason having a shouting match as well. Harbaugh was in his 40's then. The guy is 60 years old now i'm sure he's fine with Peters.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just don't get how you gonna call it a bad plan without actually seeing the plan unfold. I think Devin Duvernay has been solid so far in his number 2 role. Probably would be better with more targets and more plays that feature him but I really don't know how he will fair as The Ravens number one wide receiver.

Not sure why Isabella was evening bought up and I dont think Ravens fans should be considering him as some wide receiver that may contribute for The Ravens this year. Robinson on the other hand does have talent and has experience with making plays. He's probably a solid number 3 or 4 receiver for any team but he definitely can contribute..

Bringing up Odell is cool but teams watch tape. If the guy isn't going to look close to his old self on film then do you really think they gonna be like well we still got to respect him cause he's Odell ? I really.dont thinks so especially since he's coming off acl tear which is injury he has been dealing with for two years now. There really wasn't any legit reliable option at wide receiver after the draft this year.

Most of the wideouts were injury prone especially the top 4 if we talking about Ty Hilton, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham and Will Fuller. The rest probably just wasn't deemed as better than what The Ravens already have at wideout. I'm excited to see the young wideouts play tomorrow. Rather they look look or not it's something that I'm interested in seeing. I'm sure Tee Martin and Keith Williams have prepared these guys for this moment or any game period.

It's just seems like The Ravens are pretty confident in theirs guys and let's be honest The Raven haven't always been willing to give young receivers opportunity like this before in quite some time. Just looking at John Harbaugh it just seems like some major confidence going on even with Bateman being out.
Here's the thing... ultimately, he's not wrong. Everybody knows our depth at WR sucks, and realistically, the starting unit on this team is probably a bottom third of the league type group.

That being said, my point is that finding upgrades isn't exactly something you can just do easily. The FA WR market is notoriously terrible. Every year its terrible. It's the same group of recycled "veterans" who are on the back end of their career and its a total dart throw which guys are still "impactful" or not. If you want to get anybody good, you've got to trade for them, which means assets AND money.

The draft is where you find upgrades. Was pretty clear we were very interested in some first round WRs, but they got taken before us. And if we had used like a 3rd or 4th rounder on a WR, which I thought we should have, then fans would STILL be out there saying "not proven, not proven, not proven", etc.

Fans need to get it through their heads. The draft is where you get WR talent these days. The days of being able to snag a Boldin in FA are pretty much over.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tucker needs to slip into Harbs's office and steal his tablet containing the analytics.

I just don't get how you gonna call it a bad plan without actually seeing the plan unfold. I think Devin Duvernay has been solid so far in his number 2 role. Probably would be better with more targets and more plays that feature him but I really don't know how he will fair as The Ravens number one wide receiver.

Not sure why Isabella was evening bought up and I dont think Ravens fans should be considering him as some wide receiver that may contribute for The Ravens this year. Robinson on the other hand does have talent and has experience with making plays. He's probably a solid number 3 or 4 receiver for any team but he definitely can contribute..

Bringing up Odell is cool but teams watch tape. If the guy isn't going to look close to his old self on film then do you really think they gonna be like well we still got to respect him cause he's Odell ? I really.dont thinks so especially since he's coming off acl tear which is injury he has been dealing with for two years now. There really wasn't any legit reliable option at wide receiver after the draft this year.

Most of the wideouts were injury prone especially the top 4 if we talking about Ty Hilton, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham and Will Fuller. The rest probably just wasn't deemed as better than what The Ravens already have at wideout. I'm excited to see the young wideouts play tomorrow. Rather they look look or not it's something that I'm interested in seeing. I'm sure Tee Martin and Keith Williams have prepared these guys for this moment or any game period.

It's just seems like The Ravens are pretty confident in theirs guys and let's be honest The Raven haven't always been willing to give young receivers opportunity like this before in quite some time. Just looking at John Harbaugh it just seems like some major confidence going on even with Bateman being out.
Duvernay has looked good like you said we will see how he fares as # 1 tomorrow.

I only brought up Isabella to make a point that they realize we need help at WR so they want to see what he has to offer. Otherwise why bring him in?

And I hope Harbaugh has confidence in his players I mean he has no choice these are the only wrs we have to play right now.
Here's the thing... ultimately, he's not wrong. Everybody knows our depth at WR sucks, and realistically, the starting unit on this team is probably a bottom third of the league type group.

That being said, my point is that finding upgrades isn't exactly something you can just do easily. The FA WR market is notoriously terrible. Every year its terrible. It's the same group of recycled "veterans" who are on the back end of their career and its a total dart throw which guys are still "impactful" or not. If you want to get anybody good, you've got to trade for them, which means assets AND money.

The draft is where you find upgrades. Was pretty clear we were very interested in some first round WRs, but they got taken before us. And if we had used like a 3rd or 4th rounder on a WR, which I thought we should have, then fans would STILL be out there saying "not proven, not proven, not proven", etc.

Fans need to get it through their heads. The draft is where you get WR talent these days. The days of being able to snag a Boldin in FA are pretty much over.
You are right but even if we would of drafted a first or second round wr they still would have been unproven. Heck you can even argue Bateman and Duv are still not proven. I just wanted us to draft a WR. Did we really need 2 more TEs? In my opinion we should of used one of the 4ths on a wr.

Last edited:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
If things start boding well for the Ravens, I can envision them going on a run just like in 2019. Stanley is back. Soon, Bowser, Houston, and maybe even Ojabo may be back. JPP will have his feet wet. The rookies in the secondary will keep improving. We still have Marlon, Peters, and Clark. The new addition at ILB is going to work out for us. We are going to be stellar. The one guy we are going to miss is Pierce up the middle.

On the offensive side, Bateman will get healthy and Proche will get a good number of snaps to get his feet wet in his absence. Isaiah Likely (my dark horse) will gain in confidence and start making plays. Duvernay will become a great speed receiver for us. Dobbins and Gus the bus will roll back into 2019 form soon enough, but now they have Justice Hill contributing meaningfully too.

Given, all these conditions being met, why should we lose another game? So, I say we go on an 18-game run to win the SB this year. Agree with me?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Can anyone explain this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-140123_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20221009-140123_Reddit.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 86

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
How I'm interpreting this is basically the number of injuries and to which player position(s) affects our score. Healthiest is from 100 and then downward.
Right, I get that the lower the score the worse, and clearly it takes in the number of injuries, but there has to be more. Because we although we've had a lot of injuries we haven't had the most, but this BUS score has us worst. So what is that extra part of the formula?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Right, I get that the lower the score the worse, and clearly it takes in the number of injuries, but there has to be more. Because we although we've had a lot of injuries we haven't had the most, but this BUS score has us worst. So what is that extra part of the formula?
I think it depends on which players are hurt and for how long too. Other from that, no idea.