• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

Simba

Staff Member
I know some of you guys think everything this FO does it great and they make no mistakes. Hollywood was our #1 , Bateman our #2, Watkins arguably #3. Duvernay and Proche were what #4 and 5???

Now we are depending on the # 4 wr to be our #1 this game let's admit that's pretty bad. Look I hope they step up and ball out but if they fail to do so then blame needs to go where it belongs.
But you’d also see a bevy of complaints if they signed yet another vet stopgap to prevent the young guys from getting reps, so can’t have it both ways. I would have done more to fortify the position but this is exactly what fans have been clamoring for for years.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really? I literally wrote they should of picked up a proven WR... lol they are the one's getting paid for that so.. don't act like they didn't drop the ball at WR.
OK, but you didn't name any names. Who are the quality, proven WRs who were available in FA and at a reasonable price?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know some of you guys think everything this FO does it great and they make no mistakes. Hollywood was our #1 , Bateman our #2, Watkins arguably #3. Duvernay and Proche were what #4 and 5???

Now we are depending on the # 4 wr to be our #1 this game let's admit that's pretty bad. Look I hope they step up and ball out but if they fail to do so then blame needs to go where it belongs.
I think its pretty obvious at this point that Duvernay is a better NFL WR today than Watkins. Watkins is precisely the type of "proven WR" that fans clamor for, and then they show up, and they do nothing. You guys realize we've been there, done that, with about a half dozen guys, right?

Like fans remember the Mason's and Boldin's and Smith's. They then conveniently forget the Maclin's, the Crabtree's, the Watkins. Those are the guys YOU are clamoring for.

The FA WR market is a baron wasteland of mediocrity. There's no game changers anywhere.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Which is weird because I can tell you 100% that whether or not the Cardinals have Hopkins is more important to their success than any other player. The moment he went out with injury they went from looking like a Super Bowl contender to looking like a borderline playoff team.
Yeah except people are about to find out that Hopkins isn't the player he was five years ago, that the Cardinals are a year or two away from moving off of him, and he's not going to be the difference maker on that team.

That team has a lot of holes, a really, really, really bad HC who routinely gets outcoached and out-schemed on a weekly basis, and has many personnel issues.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
But you’d also see a bevy of complaints if they signed yet another vet stopgap to prevent the young guys from getting reps, so can’t have it both ways. I would have done more to fortify the position but this is exactly what fans have been clamoring for for years.
Very true and I still want to see the younger talent.

porsche.jpg

Its coming.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anybody care to comment about 5 straight home losses? Are we breaking that streak Sunday night, or does it continue?

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Tbh the team has tried to get a #1 WR here but none of them seem interested. They made a move for DeAndre Hopkins but it didn’t work out. This past season the money wasn’t there for them to make a move.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Does anybody care to comment about 5 straight home losses? Are we breaking that streak Sunday night, or does it continue?
tbh, last year those losses came under a decimated team and without Lamar Jackson and this year the defense collapsed in the 2nd half among us not being able to get a first down because our running game wasn't working.

I think they are making too much over the 5 game home losing streak and not looking at the facts.

Last year those losses came against the Packers, Rams and Steelers. Packers and Rams were two of the best teams in the league and we took them down to the wire with a practice squad defense.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I feel like that’s missing context, we had Huntley starting for us towards the end of last year. This year we’ve lost both our home games to really good teams. It’s being blown out of proportion imo.
This is why i don't care about the streak. Just the manner in which the last 2 unfolded.

Also, those were 1 score or 1 point games I think outside of the Bengals against teams we had no business competing with.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
All I know is he was half a season away from being fired because of how piss poor he really is. And I am far, FAR away from the only one who thinks that.
I think he is a great coach, but if the Ravens drop tomorrow's game and stumble against the Giants next week, he is in trouble. Just have a weird feeling his time in Baltimore hinges on the next three weeks. At this point, I would feel indifferent either way because our success ultimately has much more to do with Lamar than John.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did you all see that in the 2 losses, we only DIDNT have the lead for a total of 14 seconds? I think we're gonna be fine.

Unless we lose Sunday lol. Then We can all freak out for another 7 days. Then lose to the Giants. Then REALLY FREAK OUT

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Apparently things aren't looking good for Peters to play tomorrow.

Burrow is about to go off for 400 yards again.

Idk where some of you guys got that I was asking us to sign a #1 wr? I never mentioned that. I said we should of went for a proven wr to go along with Bateman since he was going to be our # 1. Again we got rid of our # 1 and # 3 wrs from last year. Didn't draft any and didn't pick up any of worth as of yet. I hope Robinson, Isabella, or proche can step up and do something.

Injury to Bateman now we are playing Duvernay, Robinson, and ? As our wrs against the Bengals. Forgive me if I don't feel confident and feel like the FO messed up. Who will be our #3 by the way? Will we see Andrew's and likely on the field together?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Tomorrow is loss. Just get it out of your system now that we even have a chance. Things will start getting better for the Giants hopefully

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Lol so if they bomb Sunday then it was bad planning? Sorry but relying on Duvernay to be our # 1 now with Batemans injury is definitely bad planning. I hope they step up but we should of not been in this position. They should have picked up a proven WR and no not the likes of Robinson or Isabella.

I can't stand diva wrs but they should call Odell. Yes, he is probably not much improvement of what we have now but being a recognized name he can take attention away from Bateman and free him up. Idk..... again I totally blame the For this mess. And don't get me started with the LBs. JPP comes off the street and plays 80% snaps or something like that in his first game.... C'mon man!

I just don't get how you gonna call it a bad plan without actually seeing the plan unfold. I think Devin Duvernay has been solid so far in his number 2 role. Probably would be better with more targets and more plays that feature him but I really don't know how he will fair as The Ravens number one wide receiver.

Not sure why Isabella was evening bought up and I dont think Ravens fans should be considering him as some wide receiver that may contribute for The Ravens this year. Robinson on the other hand does have talent and has experience with making plays. He's probably a solid number 3 or 4 receiver for any team but he definitely can contribute..

Bringing up Odell is cool but teams watch tape. If the guy isn't going to look close to his old self on film then do you really think they gonna be like well we still got to respect him cause he's Odell ? I really.dont thinks so especially since he's coming off acl tear which is injury he has been dealing with for two years now. There really wasn't any legit reliable option at wide receiver after the draft this year.

Most of the wideouts were injury prone especially the top 4 if we talking about Ty Hilton, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham and Will Fuller. The rest probably just wasn't deemed as better than what The Ravens already have at wideout. I'm excited to see the young wideouts play tomorrow. Rather they look look or not it's something that I'm interested in seeing. I'm sure Tee Martin and Keith Williams have prepared these guys for this moment or any game period.

It's just seems like The Ravens are pretty confident in theirs guys and let's be honest The Raven haven't always been willing to give young receivers opportunity like this before in quite some time. Just looking at John Harbaugh it just seems like some major confidence going on even with Bateman being out.