• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Anthony Averett and Kenny Young

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yeah im big on the averett pick, like really big. i think that is lowkey one of our best picks, ravens fans are gonna like averett regardless of how much "omgz obligatory bama defender" nonsense we are gonna hear
Going back and watching the tape again. I can't disagree too much.

This dude can play. He's never gonna be a #1 CB but that's fine. You can never have too many starting caliber CBs at the NFL level. And having him AND Tavon Young. Woo. Those are two guys that can switch off between the outside and the starting CB. Those guys are valuable

Still hate the Young pick but I think at worst he's a solid rotational coverage backer, which is never really a terrible thing in today's NFL. Though we need to find a thumper. Sign Navarro Bowman damnit

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i cant understand why averett fell so far. i think we got a steal. one thing that stands out about this guy is just his mental understanding of assignments, the amount of quality reads he makes in those split second moments is impressive. he simply ruins bunch formations and pick-and-roll concepts with his reads and instincts, he just so often is making the right call to drop his first man and break on something, and does so before the qb begins his wind up, he appears to be instinctive and a filmstudy junkie from watching him, he either knows whats coming when they come after his area of the field with multiple receivers, or he is just THAT instinctive and consistently makes the right decision to break, and with his speed he often impacts the play, its too bad his ball skills are well below average because he would have a fuckton of picks with his explosion and just incredible instincts, but instead he just has a lot of blown up passes.

after further evaluation, i wanna say my original comparison of cary williams was wrong, he has MUCH better instincts but lesser ball skills, and by ball skills i mean actually making picks, i dont mean breaking up/preventing completions because he does that pretty well. dont have a comparison atm, waiting for it to come to me lol

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
i cant understand why averett fell so far. i think we got a steal. one thing that stands out about this guy is just his mental understanding of assignments, the amount of quality reads he makes in those split second moments is impressive. he simply ruins bunch formations and pick-and-roll concepts with his reads and instincts, he just so often is making the right call to drop his first man and break on something, and does so before the qb begins his wind up, he appears to be instinctive and a filmstudy junkie from watching him, he either knows whats coming when they come after his area of the field with multiple receivers, or he is just THAT instinctive and consistently makes the right decision to break, and with his speed he often impacts the play, its too bad his ball skills are well below average because he would have a fuckton of picks with his explosion and just incredible instincts, but instead he just has a lot of blown up passes.

after further evaluation, i wanna say my original comparison of cary williams was wrong, he has MUCH better instincts but lesser ball skills, and by ball skills i mean actually making picks, i dont mean breaking up/preventing completions because he does that pretty well. dont have a comparison atm, waiting for it to come to me lol
I'm thinking a slimmer version of Patrick Robinson

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

So wait for it. We need to

mOvE hIm tO strOng sAftEy