• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Anthony Averett and Kenny Young

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
the problem with de costa is that he's way too confident of his ability to push our luck with prospects falling to us. Get the player you want, dont wait. When they are close enough, just trade a late rounder.
Going up means giving up picks. Can't constantly keep doing that.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kenny young was an awful pick. The more film i watch of him i just don't understand..he's a bad tackler and is hesitant. The worst of Elam and Correa in one.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That means Humphrey or jimmy or young go down so I hope not.

But I agree, he is very similar to Cary Williams which I'll take in the 4th all day. People bitching about picking averett in the 4th but were silent on the packers taking Kevin king, when they're damn near the same player
Maybe as far as cvg goes but kings ball skills and instincts are 3x better than averrets. that whole washington secondary was sick. Type of cbs and S i feel that ravens need

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ill take king over averret anyday. I hate cbs who cant play the ball unless its right in front of them.. one of the biggest reasons why im not really into hump like that

if you hate cbs who dont play the ball then you probably should have hated kevin king too - he had a couple spectacular plays on the ball but ultimately was a large cover corner who did not make consistent plays on the ball but would get away with it because of his weird and ridiculous length - he so often would mirror his man and guess when the ball was coming rather than tracking the ball and making a play on it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Maybe as far as cvg goes but kings ball skills and instincts are 3x better than averrets. that whole washington secondary was sick. Type of cbs and S i feel that ravens need
youre wrong. kevin king is raw ass. packers shit the bed on that one chasing after a tall/long corner. what other reason would they take a cb 1 and 2 the very next year?

youre wrong. kevin king is raw ass. packers shit the bed on that one chasing after a tall/long corner. what other reason would they take a cb 1 and 2 the very next year?
King going as high as he did was strange considering the better player from his college secondary was still on the board. Guess they just decided to bite hard on a project player.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
King going as high as he did was strange considering the better player from his college secondary was still on the board. Guess they just decided to bite hard on a project player.
oh i know lol, i was dumbfounded by that one, its not as bad as kolton miller at 15, but it was bad.

i think they got these right though. alexander and jackson 1 and 2 is a serious haul for a team that needs secondary help

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What am i wrong about? King def has great bal skills!
no he doesnt? hes just long and he was in good position to make a good play on the ball here and there in college. he doesnt have nfl ball skills, he flails his arms. you talk shit about humphrey and then say king has ball skills? cmon man

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
if you hate cbs who dont play the ball then you probably should have hated kevin king too - he had a couple spectacular plays on the ball but ultimately was a large cover corner who did not make consistent plays on the ball but would get away with it because of his weird and ridiculous length - he so often would mirror his man and guess when the ball was coming rather than tracking the ball and making a play on it
you do know that best cbs in nfl can guess when the ball is comong or atleast can anticipate it. Im not saying he is a good cb but to compare him to averret isnt the right comparison at all.. players with bad ball skills is someone like aj bouye. He plays great fking cvg but look at what brown was doing to him, bouye just couldnt get his head around. all im saying is that a cb should have those intangibles if someone is expecting him to be great

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
no he doesnt? hes just long and he was in good position to make a good play on the ball here and there in college. he doesnt have nfl ball skills, he flails his arms. you talk shit about humphrey and then say king has ball skills? cmon man
Maybe we are both thinking different on what ball skills is.. im talking about looking for the ball, tracking it, getting your head around or even anticapating when the ball is thrown.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
you do know that best cbs in nfl can guess when the ball is comong or atleast can anticipate it. Im not saying he is a good cb but to compare him to averret isnt the right comparison at all.. players with bad ball skills is someone like aj bouye. He plays great fking cvg but look at what brown was doing to him, bouye just couldnt get his head around. all im saying is that a cb should have those intangibles if someone is expecting him to be great

Dude you’re the one who brought up the comparison

And king has shown few ball skills in the nfl just like he didn’t show ball skills in college either

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
oh i know lol, i was dumbfounded by that one, its not as bad as kolton miller at 15, but it was bad.

i think they got these right though. alexander and jackson 1 and 2 is a serious haul for a team that needs secondary help

Shit I would've been happy with Jackson at 16. Packers killed it with the secondary picks and they get to face the best in training camp.

Averett was also a solid pickup imo and gives us more breathing room for depth especially since he plays the outside