• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Deshon Elliot and Zach Sieler

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't know much about Sieler, but Elliot seems like a steal at that point on the draft.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Zach Sieler was a ghost-prospect lol - lance zierlein was saying on broadcast that he was the rare small-school junior who declared for the draft early but he couldnt find any tape on him for ages

if it was that hard for an established member of the draftnik community to get tape - what chance did any of us have lol?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zach Sieler was a ghost-prospect lol - lance zierlein was saying on broadcast that he was the rare small-school junior who declared for the draft early but he couldnt find any tape on him for ages

if it was that hard for an established member of the draftnik community to get tape - what chance did any of us have lol?
One of our scouts must have been to his games and talked to his coach. Seems like that'd be the only we they'd even know he existed.

Bit of trivia, he's the first player to ever be drafted from that school.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One of our scouts must have been to his games and talked to his coach. Seems like that'd be the only we they'd even know he existed.

Bit of trivia, he's the first player to ever be drafted from that school.

he's a junior so he must have had to declare his intention to enter the draft which likely means he's on a list somewhere that's accessible to NFL teams and they will have done their due diligence on everyone

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Sieler will play and turn into impactful player like Judon did.
Looking at very little, I get the same impression. We kill the game with small school guys, especially on defense. And this guy is a massive bully and absolutely dominated his competition. That kinda makeup just spells success for the ravens

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Looking at very little, I get the same impression. We kill the game with small school guys, especially on defense. And this guy is a massive bully and absolutely dominated his competition. That kinda makeup just spells success for the ravens
It's not an accident that he had 8 visits with teams and invite for Michigan pro day as a DII junior. That short reel is crazy, he's always against double teams at least and keeps beating the crap out of them.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think our UDFA class is going to have a few gems. This has to be the biggest haul prior to a minicamp ever?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sieler weighed 220 lbs in high school...he is 290 lbs now. If you want to know why he wasn't recruited anywhere there you go.

He seriously has the tools to be a major major steal. He's got great size. He's incredibly athletic for his size. He man handled his competition. I think he's going to be a good player.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Sieler weighed 220 lbs in high school...he is 290 lbs now. If you want to know why he wasn't recruited anywhere there you go.

He seriously has the tools to be a major major steal. He's got great size. He's incredibly athletic for his size. He man handled his competition. I think he's going to be a good player.
Still junior, too. I really have a good feel about him.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
you have to think he feels good about himself too given that he's come out early from nowhere
Sieler is a technically a 5th year senior. He graduated and dominated at his level for 2 seasons. He thought there wasn't a reason to stay for another season to boost his draft stock.