• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Deshon Elliot and Zach Sieler

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is there an error here?

Zach Seiler

Dates: 03/23/18@Michigan
Height:
Weight: 288
40 Yrd Dash: 4.83
20 Yrd Dash: 2.77
10 Yrd Dash: 1.80
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 31
Vertical Jump: 29
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.63
3-Cone Drill: 7.14

The error being the 10 yard dash. it seems kinda off taking into account his excellent 20 and 40 yard times at almost 290 pounds..probably the only thing that's disappointing here. 10 yard dash = explosion.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So this guy is pretty athletic. If he can be Judon 2.0 in the sense that he'll be productive after dominating small-school competition, that'll be a huge-ass plus for us going forward. Our pass-rush needs to be more consistent.
not to mention 5tech is possibly the 2nd weakest spot on the roster, we have urban who probably got injured as i typed this, and then its chris wormley and then... wait for it... bronson kaufusi. lawl.

not sure about wormley, seems to be a high floor low ceiling guy but im not so sure about his floor. he lacks explosion and general athleticism and doesnt play super strong, he just doesnt seem to have the prerequisite talents physically to make an impact. ive thought 5tech was a very underrated need for a while now

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
not to mention 5tech is possibly the 2nd weakest spot on the roster, we have urban who probably got injured as i typed this, and then its chris wormley and then... wait for it... bronson kaufusi. lawl.

not sure about wormley, seems to be a high floor low ceiling guy but im not so sure about his floor. he lacks explosion and general athleticism and doesnt play super strong, he just doesnt seem to have the prerequisite talents physically to make an impact. ive thought 5tech was a very underrated need for a while now
So...in other words, the 5tech is wide open then. Shame on me, but I completely forgot about Bronson (is Correa still on the team? LMAO). As for Wormley, I see nothing more than a solid JAG if that kinda makes sense. However, I do remember seeing this stat when he was productive when playing. Take that FWIW.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Doesn't play strong? Lol I'll have to show you a couple gifs I guess

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i honestly hate the deshon elliott pick. hes flat out poor in coverage. he has no instincts and plays purely reactionary, but then on plays that are there for him to take he is slow to react, he doesnt break until the ball is in the air and half the time his eyes are on the receiver so he doesnt even know he needs to break yet, he just arrives late on plays that he so obviously should be able to make and he does it often.

on top of that, his strides are so fucking small he runs like a toddler, he doesnt exactly look slow on film as he has some game quickness, when hes making tackles in the run game he mirrors the ballcarriers movement well and his feet are pretty quick, but as far as real speed goes he just doesnt appear to cover much ground, ive noticed in a lot of plays where hes on backside pursuit he is running only slightly faster than the blockers lol. i havent even bothered to check his 40 time im just going off of the film.

all in all, he is a very good tackler, he shoots in quickly with good acceleration to make plays close to the LOS, he follows the ballcarrier well on run plays and keeps vision on him, he is decisive when coming downhill vs the run or vs the screen, but holy fuck he is ATROCIOUS in coverage. if he was a LB he'd be a hell of a sideline to sideline guy, but hes a safety and will only be a safety, and at best hes an extinct breed of run stopping strong safety who is a complete liability in coverage.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
i honestly wish he wouldve found a ball hawk S in later rounds instead of elliot
"Elliott became a versatile ball hawk in Orlando’s defense, a multiple 3-4 base that saw the Longhorns play out of nickel and dime packages for most of the season. Elliott started all 12 games during the regular season (did not play in the team’s Texas Bowl win over Missouri after declaring for the draft), earning unanimous All-American honors and being named a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award in what turned out to be his final campaign with the Longhorns. Elliott’s six interceptions in 2017 were the most by a Texas defender since Earl Thomas’ eight in 2009 and he returned two of those for touchdowns". From this site about DeShon Elliot https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/player-blurb-deshon-elliott-ss-texas/

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
"Elliott became a versatile ball hawk in Orlando’s defense, a multiple 3-4 base that saw the Longhorns play out of nickel and dime packages for most of the season. Elliott started all 12 games during the regular season (did not play in the team’s Texas Bowl win over Missouri after declaring for the draft), earning unanimous All-American honors and being named a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award in what turned out to be his final campaign with the Longhorns. Elliott’s six interceptions in 2017 were the most by a Texas defender since Earl Thomas’ eight in 2009 and he returned two of those for touchdowns". From this site about DeShon Elliot https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/player-blurb-deshon-elliott-ss-texas/
Essentially every int came as a result of him being late as fuck to the play. I recall 4 of his ints off the top of my head coming from him being 5+ yards away and it was either overthrown or bounced off the receivers hands.

He wasn't making plays, he was just capitalizing on wrong place right time situations. All of those picks look like total flukes on film

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Essentially every int came as a result of him being late as fuck to the play. I recall 4 of his ints off the top of my head coming from him being 5+ yards away and it was either overthrown or bounced off the receivers hands.

He wasn't making plays, he was just capitalizing on wrong place right time situations. All of those picks look like total flukes on film

He’s not someone I would necessarily call a ball hawk but I’ll disagree that those ints came as a result of being late to the play - to me at least a couple of them looked like good reads on an overthrow - he hasn’t shown much in coverage but I’d contend that he reads fairly ok as a high safety over the top

I wouldn’t call him a ball hawk at all but to say he doesn’t read the qb and positions himself well for those reads I think is a stretch - there’s a reason that he was a day 3 player on my (and apparently most nfl) boards - but 6th round was still too late for him

He’s not a true free safety in the nfl but I think he could compete as a dime at least

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He’s not someone I would necessarily call a ball hawk but I’ll disagree that those ints came as a result of being late to the play - to me at least a couple of them looked like good reads on an overthrow - he hasn’t shown much in coverage but I’d contend that he reads fairly ok as a high safety over the top

I wouldn’t call him a ball hawk at all but to say he doesn’t read the qb and positions himself well for those reads I think is a stretch - there’s a reason that he was a day 3 player on my (and apparently most nfl) boards - but 6th round was still too late for him

He’s not a true free safety in the nfl but I think he could compete as a dime at least
ive seen too many plays where he was multiple steps late for me to give him the benefit of the doubt on his picks. he wasnt playing the route before the ball was released on any of them, and many other plays he gave up are plays that an NFL safety, or even a dime, should have been able to make, countless plays where the receiver crossed right in front of his face into a soft spot and he acted like the receiver wasnt even there, he would just continue his backpedal and let the catch happen. he never responds to a receiver/TE attacking the seam. its like he literally doesnt notice shit happening right in front of his face.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Id be a fool to believe this instead of what i saw with my own two eyes

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Lol you seen exactly what i seen when watching him.