• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 College Football Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Spring games done. Time for new season.

To start off, interesting retrospective on top 10 high school recruits 10 years ago (2008). Couple interesting names there:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Interesting stat -

More than 48% of Nick Saban's 5 star recruits end up 1st rounders in the NFL draft. The average conversion rate for the rest of college football is just over 17%.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
MD up early on Texas.

Does kasim hill look like he’s running with concrete shoes or is it just me?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Classy move by Texas to decline the delay of game on Maryland’s first play on offense. We accept delay of game penalty on Texas’s first play on offense. I think that was set up beforehand because ours was for #79.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don’t know why Texas is ranked every year, they always come out looking like raw ass and they’ve done nothing to earn their ranking every year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Wait hold the fuck up... taunting at the end of the play results in the play being fucking called back in college??? I watch film and not many live games so I’ve never seen that... but if that’s true that’s fucking horseshit pussy ass rules

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
That would have been a weak taunting penalty if they didn’t decide to pick up the flag. I mean a player can’t turn around and look at his pursuer and slow down a little entering the end zone? Maryland back on top.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Wait hold the fuck up... taunting at the end of the play results in the play being fucking called back in college??? I watch film and not many live games so I’ve never seen that... but if that’s true that’s fucking horseshit pussy ass rules
I didn’t know that it was a spot foul in college either.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I didn’t know that it was a spot foul in college either.
It’s ridiculous. These guys are making Goodell look rational. Taking 6 off the fucking board for taunting. I googled it and last season they took a mizzou TD away because he dove to the endzone. What the fuck

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That running into the kicker makes me think that rule really needs tweaking. He didn’t run into the kicker until the kicker brought his foot down on top of his head. Clean rush and near block but the kicker kicking the rushers head brings a penalty on the rusher? Yeah that’s bullshit

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Maryland’s freshman WRs look good, so does their front seven. With he Right coach Maryland might be able to get into the rankings while kasim hill is here

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Maryland’s freshman WRs look good, so does their front seven. With he Right coach Maryland might be able to get into the rankings while kasim hill is here
I would love to see Maryland have a good football season for a change.